Windows 10: Windows won't boot after fresh install to m.2 ssd keeps looping to 64bit or 32 bit

Discus and support Windows won't boot after fresh install to m.2 ssd keeps looping to 64bit or 32 bit in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I do a clean install of windows 10 to m.2 ssd using windows media tool when it reboots it takes me back to choose between 64 & 32 bit. I made sure the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by alfonzo anthony, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Windows won't boot after fresh install to m.2 ssd keeps looping to 64bit or 32 bit

I do a clean install of windows 10 to m.2 ssd using windows media tool when it reboots it takes me back to choose between 64 & 32 bit. I made sure the bios was correct it's on a dell optiplex 3060 with bios 1.14.1 I could use the help.

:)

alfonzo anthony, Dec 2, 2022
  2. ddarryl Win User

Can`t Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit Windows 10

I tried upgrading my notebook/tablet pc from 32-bit to 64-bit windows 10. But it won`t boot from my usb. I checked if its compatible and followed the steps, but I didn`t get the windows "install now" option.

ddarryl, Dec 2, 2022
  3. Cullub Win User
    Install Windows 10 32 bit on M.2 drive

I have an M.2 drive that I'm currently trying to install Windows 10 x32 on (we need the 32 bit version for work apps). Installing Windows 10 x64 works just fine, but trying to install the 32 bit version from the same Microsoft-provided USB install stick doesn't work.

Facts:

• In UEFI boot mode, the install works for x64, but doesn't even get to the Start Install page for x32:

Windows won't boot after fresh install to m.2 ssd keeps looping to 64bit or 32 bit g5Xa8.jpg

• In Legacy mode, I get the Start Install page, but when I get to the Select Partition page, Windows won't let me install onto my M.2 drive. I don't have this problem for x64.

Windows won't boot after fresh install to m.2 ssd keeps looping to 64bit or 32 bit PKA7h.jpg

The popup is what you get when you click the Windows can't be installed on this drive link on the bottom. If you ignore that and click next, it will give you the following screen.

Windows won't boot after fresh install to m.2 ssd keeps looping to 64bit or 32 bit 1Qq9T.jpg

• This is different than the GPT/MBR error. I've also tried formatting the disk, and converting it between GPT and MBR. No dice.
    • I get the same message whether run the installer on my laptop (Lenovo T470p -- where the drive will eventually be going), or desktop (Dell OptiPlex 3040, through a PCIe adapter).
    • I've installed and booted Win10x32 installations on the desktop before, so I'm doubtful it's a hardware problem on that side.

Note that the M.2 drive came with the laptop, and the specs say it should be compatible with Windows 10 x32. We've spoken with tech support (shutter), and they've confirmed this as well, but they weren't able to tell us how (at least not at the level we got to).

Research:

According to this dell support page,

This may or may not be applicable to Lenovo systems as well.

I've seen a bunch of questions on the internet (and SU) on how to install Win10x64 if that's not working, but my question is specifically about the 32 bit version, since the 64 bit version works.

Is there anything I've missed? I'd be more than willing to try out a list of configurations if you need more info; I've pretty much hit a brick wall. We ordered another M.2 drive that should get here today as well. I'll update with how that one goes.

Edit: Different than this question. That question is for 64 bit installs, and I've tried the suggested answer there (removing all other drives), to no avail.

Cullub, Dec 2, 2022
  4. ArisJay Win User

Windows won't boot after fresh install to m.2 ssd keeps looping to 64bit or 32 bit

Windows BSOD after install fresh windows 10 on M.2 SSD

Hello, I've got a problem regarding my Windows PC. Couple months ago I bought a fresh sealed M.2 and put it into my PC and reinstall Windows 10. After that, I constantly getting BSOD. So, I thought there is a problem with my M.2 so I replaced it by using my warranty and they did replaced it with a new M,2. After I got it back yesterday afternoon and reinstall Windows 10 again, it's working fine and can game on it perfectly fine. Today, when I try to game on it again, it crashes like 4 times (BSOD). I cant think of anything on how to fix this. Is it the motherboard? Is the GPU? Ps. while I was waiting for my warranty M.2 to go through, I used normal SSD WD Green and its working perfectly fine. No BSOD. Only after I changed it to M.2 as my boot drive and this nightmare keep coming.

The BSOD Stop Code:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5 2600

Asrock B450M

T-Force 16GB (8+8)

Zotac Amp Extreame 1070

Thermaltake 650W

XPG M.2 SX8200 512GB (Windows Boot Drive)

WD Green SSD 480GB (Game Drive)

WD Green HDD 1TB (Backup Drive)

Please help me with this. I just want to have a normal working PC

ArisJay, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

Windows won't boot after fresh install to m.2 ssd keeps looping to 64bit or 32 bit

1. Windows won't boot after fresh install to m.2 ssd keeps looping to 64bit or 32 bit - Similar Threads - won't boot fresh

2. Windows 10 won't boot after NVMe M.2 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot after NVMe M.2 install: Last week, my mother-in-law got me a 500 GB Samsung 980 NVMe M.2 drive as a late Christmas gift. Awesome. My boot drive was a Crucial 1 TB drive see below, and I had some problems getting Clonezilla to copy everything over to the new NVMe drive. Tried a couple of other...
  3. Windows 10 won't boot after NVMe M.2 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot after NVMe M.2 install: Last week, my mother-in-law got me a 500 GB Samsung 980 NVMe M.2 drive as a late Christmas gift. Awesome. My boot drive was a Crucial 1 TB drive see below, and I had some problems getting Clonezilla to copy everything over to the new NVMe drive. Tried a couple of other...
  4. Windows won't boot after fresh install to m.2 ssd keeps looping to 64bit or 32 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot after fresh install to m.2 ssd keeps looping to 64bit or 32 bit: I do a clean install of windows 10 to m.2 ssd using windows media tool when it reboots it takes me back to choose between 64 & 32 bit. I made sure the bios was correct it's on a dell optiplex 3060 with bios 1.14.1 I could use the help....
  5. Windows won't boot after fresh install to m.2 ssd keeps looping to 64bit or 32 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't boot after fresh install to m.2 ssd keeps looping to 64bit or 32 bit: I do a clean install of windows 10 to m.2 ssd using windows media tool when it reboots it takes me back to choose between 64 & 32 bit. I made sure the bios was correct it's on a dell optiplex 3060 with bios 1.14.1 I could use the help....
  6. Windows BSOD after install fresh windows 10 on M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD after install fresh windows 10 on M.2 SSD: Hello, I've got a problem regarding my Windows PC. Couple months ago I bought a fresh sealed M.2 and put it into my PC and reinstall Windows 10. After that, I constantly getting BSOD. So, I thought there is a problem with my M.2 so I replaced it by using my warranty and they...
  7. Windows BSOD after install fresh windows 10 on M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSOD after install fresh windows 10 on M.2 SSD: Hello, I've got a problem regarding my Windows PC. Couple months ago I bought a fresh sealed M.2 and put it into my PC and reinstall Windows 10. After that, I constantly getting BSOD. So, I thought there is a problem with my M.2 so I replaced it by using my warranty and they...
  8. Windows BSOD after install fresh windows 10 on M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Win10 32 bit 64bit

Win10 32 bit 64bit: Salve , ho scaricato dal vostro sito windows 10 32 bit e 64 bit . Durante l'installazione mi da i seguenti errori: OOBELOCAL OOBEKEYBOARD Come mi devo comportare ? Grazie Massimo....
  10. Unable to install a 32 bit application on 64bit

Unable to install a 32 bit application on 64bit: I am trying to install a 32 bit application on Windows 10 64bit but when I double click on it nothing happens. What could be wrong? I though 32bit applications can be run on 64 bit?...