Windows 10: Windows won't boot after interrupted Windows 10 fresh install from bootable USB

Discus and support Windows won't boot after interrupted Windows 10 fresh install from bootable USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Context/how one issue led to another: Initial issue: I was experiencing a BootLoop with a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop. So I took below steps:Followed this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kheush, Jul 8, 2021.

1. kheush Win User

Windows won't boot after interrupted Windows 10 fresh install from bootable USB

Context/how one issue led to another: Initial issue: I was experiencing a BootLoop with a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop. So I took below steps:Followed this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8WkyX0dan0 Then tried Factory reset: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N7hdHVO2C4&t=0s Then came to the conclusion that a fresh Windows 10 install was the only way to go. Followed this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_UhiHScaSI&t=0s to create Windows 10 install bootable USB drive from another laptop. Followed steps in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu0c8wR5Ltk for

:)

kheush, Jul 8, 2021
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jul 8, 2021
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows won't boot after interrupted Windows 10 fresh install from bootable USB - Similar Threads - won't boot interrupted

2. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows from Bootable USB: My laptop Razerblade base model late 2019 had an issues as everytime I tried to bootup it would result in CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and so I cleaned and formatted my SSD and HDD through CMD and tried to reinstall Windows 10 however it came up with the error 0x800701B1 during the...
  3. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows from Bootable USB: My laptop Razerblade base model late 2019 had an issues as everytime I tried to bootup it would result in CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and so I cleaned and formatted my SSD and HDD through CMD and tried to reinstall Windows 10 however it came up with the error 0x800701B1 during the...
  4. Can't boot into bootable Windows 10 installation USB.

Can't boot into bootable Windows 10 installation USB.: Hello there. As the title says, I can't boot into my Windows 10 21H1 bootable usb drive with UEFI mode. I have created usbs with several methods such as Media Creation Tool, Rufus, manual etc; tried with FAT32 and NTFS, and they all had the same problem: whenever I selected...
  5. Windows 10 not bootable after fresh install

Windows 10 not bootable after fresh install: Hi, I'm trying to do a hard drive switch on my Lenovo Yoga slim 14.I got the new SSD installed, made a bootable USB. When I turn on the laptop I get into the windows 10 installation and my new SSD shows up. Everything seems to go smoothly until it restarts at which point it...
  6. Cannot boot Windows 10 from bootable USB

Cannot boot Windows 10 from bootable USB: I recently had hardware replacements on my laptop: motherboard and hard-disk, by the laptop manufacturer itself as my device is within the warranty period. I am trying to reinstall Windows 10. I have downloaded the latest Windows 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool and...
  7. Installing windows from a bootable USB

Installing windows from a bootable USB: I have just finished putting together my new PC and I am struggling to install windows. I am using a Macbook to make my bootable USB. I have tried using a bootable USB made with Bootcamp assistant - the USB came up in bios but it would not boot into the windows install...
  8. Black Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB: Whenever i boot into the usb that has windows 10 iso files installed i am able achieve a screen with the windows logo and a cirlce loading with dots, after it fades my whole screen turns black with no installer appearing. I am unable to access anything in my computer other...
  9. Windows 10 installation interrupted. Can't boot from USB.

Windows 10 installation interrupted. Can't boot from USB.: I have a Dell laptop that I was trying to put Windows 10 on. I did the upgrade fine but then after restart when it was finishing the laptop shut off. Now when I load it up it says "Windows was interrupted and can't start, please restart to continue installation". I can't do...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot - fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot - fresh install: Hello, On Sunday, I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Precision T5810 (1Tb SSD main disk and 1Tb HDD secondary disk). I had some problems afterwards, as it sometimes said it couldn't find a partition table. After a while, this seemed to settle down, and I was able to...