Windows 10: Windows won't boot after ram upgrade

Discus and support Windows won't boot after ram upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just bought a new asus vivobook 15 and upgraded the ram from 4 to 8 gb it worked fine for some time but when i tried to update it by restarting it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Atharva Khanvilkar, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Windows won't boot after ram upgrade

I just bought a new asus vivobook 15 and upgraded the ram from 4 to 8 gb it worked fine for some time but when i tried to update it by restarting it won't boot back up and would just get stuck on the asus logo i tried the automatic repair but it doesn't work then i got a usb boot drive and tried doing a system restore but that would just get stuck on finalizing restore.

So i took it to the guy from which i bought it and he did a reinstall of windows and removed the extra 4 gb of ram and told us that it did not work because of the extra ram. But upgrading the ram shouldn't cause a problem like this. Right ?

:)

Atharva Khanvilkar, Aug 4, 2020

2. RAM upgrade in windows 10

I tried upgrading RAM to my laptop. After I installed the RAM it goes into boot loop. After I removed the new RAM it starts up normally. Any suggestions..

Bhargava Teja, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Hodakiin Win User

Windows won't boot after ram upgrade

Win10 won't activate after RAM change

Hey! I replaced my old RAM cards with two new ones, and now I'm stuck with a "activate windows" prompt in the bottom right corner of my screen. The troubleshooter does not seem to do anything (tried checking the changed hardware option + chose my device
    in the list of devices + it said win10 was now activated.... but the prompt won't leave.)

I got win10 during the free upgrade period, and thus I don't have a product key... Any suggestions?

Hodakiin, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't boot after ram upgrade

1. Windows won't boot after ram upgrade - Similar Threads - won't boot ram

2. Laptop won't turn on after ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't turn on after ram upgrade: Hi,My HP Victus laptop had a SK Hynix 8gb ddr4 3200hz ram. I recently bought a new ram stick to upgrade to 16 gigs with same specifications except the brand which was Crucial. After the installation lap never boot up. Then I tried with a Hynix ram stick and it worked.So, Does...
  3. Laptop won't turn on after ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't turn on after ram upgrade: Hi,My HP Victus laptop had a SK Hynix 8gb ddr4 3200hz ram. I recently bought a new ram stick to upgrade to 16 gigs with same specifications except the brand which was Crucial. After the installation lap never boot up. Then I tried with a Hynix ram stick and it worked.So, Does...
  4. Windows OS won't boot after certain amount of RAM installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows OS won't boot after certain amount of RAM installed: Hi Everyone!So, I've recently attempted to upgrade my work station rig from 32Gb to 64Gb of RAM, and while the PC posts successfully and its detected in the BIOS, the Windows 10 OS refuses to run entirely. All my ram sticks are 16Gb per module and are all the same. When I...
  5. BSOD After Ram Upgrade??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD After Ram Upgrade??: I upgraded from house-branded cheap 16GB to Corsair 32GB 2600Mhz. Since booting with new RAM, BSOD often, varying every 10min to 30min. I ram the memory diag with new RAM and it threw no problems. I also did the PowerShell verify thing and it crashed on me. Any ideas? I...
  6. Windows won't boot after Ram upgrade laptop

Windows won't boot after Ram upgrade laptop: Hi Everyone, I wonder if you all can help me with my issue. So basically I've recently bought a new DDR4 SO-DIMM for my ASUS Vivobook 15 and post installing the new ram, my system just won't boot Windows. It gets stuck at the "Starting Automatic Repair" page. But the BIOS...
  7. Computer Won't Boot Windows 10 After Upgrading CPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Won't Boot Windows 10 After Upgrading CPU: Yesterday I upgraded my cpu from a Ryzen 3 2200 to a Ryzen 7 3700x. The BIOS picks it up, but very time I've tried to start since, I've gotten a BSoD, with a variety of errors like KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, and IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL....
  8. Windows won't boot after ram upgrade

Windows won't boot after ram upgrade: I just bought a new asus vivobook 15 and upgraded the ram from 4 to 8 gb it worked fine for some time but when i tried to update it by restarting it won't boot back up and would just get stuck on the asus logo i tried the automatic repair but it doesn't work then i got a usb...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot after new ram install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't boot after new ram install: Hi, I just bought some new ram for my duel boot windows 10/Ubuntu machine, and after installing the new memory, Windows 10 keeps crashing during initial boot, Giving me multiple error messages that change every time that I try to boot. It also crashes when it tries to enter...
  10. My PC won't wake up after upgrading RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC won't wake up after upgrading RAM: I recently bought identical 2x4 GB Kingston 2666Mhz RAM. So together I have a 4x4 GB Ram. After installation, I have a problem with waking the computer from sleep mode. When I wake the computer, the fans and disk start up, but the monitor and keyboard do not respond / light....