Windows 10: Windows won’t boot after update to 1903. Stuck at black screen after boot.

Discus and support Windows won’t boot after update to 1903. Stuck at black screen after boot. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Here’s my problem - I tried to update my Windows 10 to 1903. I was having issues upgrading through the Control Panel tool (It kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NegativeCreep, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Windows won’t boot after update to 1903. Stuck at black screen after boot.

Hi everyone,

Here’s my problem - I tried to update my Windows 10 to 1903. I was having issues upgrading through the Control Panel tool (It kept getting stuck at 100% downloading) so I went the other route and downloaded the media creation tool from microsoft and upgraded through there. After my laptop restarted, it wouldn’t proceed to the login screen and was showing a black screen.

I tried booting in Safe mode but it wouldn’t work. It would just flash for a second and would proceed to a black screen again.

So I had to resort to a restore. I have a Asus Laptop with a reset partition. This, too, didn’t work.

What are my options now. Seems like I will be losing my data if I go with reinstall.

Is there any way to salvage this Windows installation?

:)

NegativeCreep, Jun 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 stuck on black screen after boot.

Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my laptop. Updated to Windows 10 Pro x64 about a month ago. Two days ago I shutdown the system just fine but just yesterday when I booted it, it got past the Acer logo during boot followed by a black screen as usual... BUT it stuck there forever. Restarted it multiple times, same result. Sometimes the cursor shows up but its useless as its just the cursor. *Confused

Tried the following things.

• Tried CTRL + SHIFT + ESC for task manager but nothing came up.
    • Tried CTRL + ALT t+ DEL still nothing.
    • Went through recovery options then selected safe mode but, to my surprise, the same result.
    • Then used the chkdsk command through cmd in recovery options, didn't find any problem.
    • Ran the sfc /scannow command from boot, didn't found any integrity violations. *Shock

Any suggestions? I still have to try system restore though. *Think

NeptuneSpear, Jun 30, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows won’t boot after update to 1903. Stuck at black screen after boot.

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows won’t boot after update to 1903. Stuck at black screen after boot.

1. Windows won’t boot after update to 1903. Stuck at black screen after boot. - Similar Threads - won’t boot update

2. Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot: A program I was running crashed on open leaving me with a black screen that I couldn't interact with at all so I force restart. The computer restarts and is stuck on the black loading screen the one with the circle of dots. I have tried restarting it multiple times and have...
  3. Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot: A program I was running crashed on open leaving me with a black screen that I couldn't interact with at all so I force restart. The computer restarts and is stuck on the black loading screen the one with the circle of dots. I have tried restarting it multiple times and have...
  4. Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 stuck on a black screen after boot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 stuck on a black screen after boot.: Hey.I have come across an issue when trying to boot my PC onto windows 10. I tried disconnecting all the USB connections, downloaded a bootable media to "repair Windows 10", trying to boot through safe mood and nothing works. The screen comes up right after booting and my...
  6. Windows 10 stuck on a black screen after boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on a black screen after boot.: Hey.I have come across an issue when trying to boot my PC onto windows 10. I tried disconnecting all the USB connections, downloaded a bootable media to "repair Windows 10", trying to boot through safe mood and nothing works. The screen comes up right after booting and my...
  7. Windows 10 stuck on a black screen after boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Black Screen After Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen After Boot: Ok so I have had this issue happen to me twice now and the only thing that has changed is that I recently went from a Mamba TE to the Mamba Elite which had me install Synapse 3. What happens is my PC gets through boot, shows the Windows loading circle, but then it just goes...
  9. Black screen on boot after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen on boot after windows update: I did a windows update, and now all I get is a black screen when I boot. No manufacturer logo or windows logo ever shows up, ctrl alt delete doesn't do anything. Tried using the power button to reboot 3 times, but still black screen. I can toggle num-lock, caps lock,...
  10. Windows 10 stuck on black screen after boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck on black screen after boot.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my laptop. Updated to Windows 10 Pro x64 about a month ago. Two days ago I shutdown the system just fine but just yesterday when I booted it, it got past the Acer logo during boot followed by a black screen as usual... BUT it stuck there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 wont boot

2. windows 10 1903 black screen on boot

3. windows 10 1903 wont boot

4. windows update version 1903 cant boot computer,
  5. win 10 wont boot after 1903,
  6. stuck on dell screen after 1903 upgrade,
  7. 1903 stuck on hp screen after patch,
  8. win 10 1903 wont restart properly after power failure,
  9. windows update 1903 black screen,
  10. not booting properly after 1903 update,
  11. windows 1903 asus wont boot,