Windows 10: Windows won't boot and password isn't working

Discus and support Windows won't boot and password isn't working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my problem is I'm trying to boot my windows 10 computer, but it won't boot. I usually don't even get to the screen with the windows logo and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BowserThe Invincible, May 17, 2020.

1. Windows won't boot and password isn't working

So my problem is I'm trying to boot my windows 10 computer, but it won't boot. I usually don't even get to the screen with the windows logo and the spinning dots. I first get the dell dell boot up screen, then the select boot screen grub and then just a black screen followed by a "no signal" sign from my monitor.

Upon research, I found out that I could tap F8 to reach the troubleshooting screen and select start-up repair ir any of the many options available. The only problem is that my computer is password protected and i don't remember my password because when i first got my computer over 5 years ago, Microsoft asked if i wanted to use a pin number instead of a password. So I've used the pin number for 5 years and have promptly forgotten whatever my password was. Even though I've changed my password using my phone, it seems that my system is locked on whatever my old password was and won't let me do a startup repair or any of the other advance options without a password.

So now I'm trapped out of my computer without any known way to get back into it. If anyone can offer any kind of help, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

:)

BowserThe Invincible, May 17, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 17, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Jakub578 Win User

Windows won't boot and password isn't working

Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't boot and password isn't working

1. Windows won't boot and password isn't working - Similar Threads - won't boot password

2. PIN isn't available and password isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN isn't available and password isn't working: I've run into the error where "something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." When I click "Set up my PIN," nothing happens. Sign-in options was not available until I followed the regedit tutorial.Now I can sign in with my password, but that...
  3. PIN isn't available and password isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN isn't available and password isn't working: I've run into the error where "something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." When I click "Set up my PIN," nothing happens. Sign-in options was not available until I followed the regedit tutorial.Now I can sign in with my password, but that...
  4. My computer administrator password isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer administrator password isn't working: Hi,I need to meet the Window 11 requirements and to do so I have to restart my computer and go to the advance startup settings. The document I am referring to is "Windows 11 and Secure Boot" and it tells me to find the "UEFI Firmware Settings" but this setting doesn't appear....
  5. Help - Password won't work after Safe Boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help - Password won't work after Safe Boot: I've been having trouble with 100% disc usage so I followed the stupid advice of some video and re-started my Windows 10 laptop in Safe Boot. Now my laptop won't accept my password. I tried my Microsoft password as well and that doesn't work, and now I can't get into my...
  6. Windows won't boot and safe mode won't accept password.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot and safe mode won't accept password.: I've recently encountered a problem. When I try to start my PC it will go into a bluescreen saying that your device ran into a problem. It does not reach the log in screen. then it restarts. After my laptop restarts it would run an automatic repair. It would say its...
  7. games password won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games password won't work: I have been using 5 casual games daily for years now. Last weekend they started asking for passwords and will not open. help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-password-wont-work/caac1913-7932-4501-8a18-4cf36702a64a
  8. Password won't work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password won't work: Password will not work at intial login or safe mode. I logged in successful on my other computer. It is not a pin I've tried safe mode 4, 5, & 6 I've tried using on screen keyboard I cant get to prompt screen because it won't take pswrd. Please help me. Thank you...
  9. Passwords won't save and/or won't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Passwords won't save and/or won't work: On February 13, my google stored passwords and also passwords on my own no longer worked and/or were no longer saved. Does anyone know of a fix? Happy Valentine's Day to all....
  10. Password won't work.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password won't work.: Hi, Yesterday I got a second hand Laptop, I had signed into my account and got everything I had on my old laptop onto my newer one. I switched my computer off for awhile this morning. But I couldn't log back in, I changed my password and tried logging in again but it...