Windows 10: Windows won't boot and safe mode won't accept password.

Discus and support Windows won't boot and safe mode won't accept password. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've recently encountered a problem. When I try to start my PC it will go into a bluescreen saying that your device ran into a problem. It does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TomP_123, Apr 10, 2021.

1. TomP_123 Win User

Windows won't boot and safe mode won't accept password.

I've recently encountered a problem.

When I try to start my PC it will go into a bluescreen saying that your device ran into a problem. It does not reach the log in screen. then it restarts.

After my laptop restarts it would run an automatic repair. It would say its diagnosing my pc.

Then a blue screen pops up saying your PC did not start up correctly and gives me two options, to restart my pc or go to advanced settings. I tried the restart setting multiple times but same issue would repeat upon restarting.

I would hit advanced settings and navigate to start windows in safe mode. My laptop would then reach the log in screen. However it would not accept my password. Saying that the password is incorrect. The password which I always used for the 4+ years I had the laptop, and which I typed in every time I logged in to start the computer is not accepted. The hint provided is also the hint I used for the specific password I always used. The fact that the hint did not change but the password does not remain the same is very confusing.

I am at a loss of what to do now. I think its either a driver issue, or a computer virus, or an issue with my antivirus kaspersky antivirus. What can I do to fix this? Do I have to repair windows or drivers? If so is there any way I could repair windows or the drivers without resetting my laptop or using a recovery from way long ago so as to not lose all the files and programs I accumulated over the years.

I have an alienware laptop and I have had issues with drivers before. I also saw a reddit thread where someone had a similar issue although a bit different saying that a specific driver from dell caused the issue of not being able to boot and had basically bricked his laptop. And it wasn't until that was fixed that his laptop started to work.

My laptop was working fine this morning. I do not remember any update being installed or anything.

:)

TomP_123, Apr 10, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Doug399 Win User
    After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Windows won't boot and safe mode won't accept password.

my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows won't boot and safe mode won't accept password.

1. Windows won't boot and safe mode won't accept password. - Similar Threads - won't boot safe

2. Windows won't boot and won't enter safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot and won't enter safe mode: Hello, i recently went on a trip and when i arrived back my pc booted but then proceeded to not show any desktop icons and continusly switch between the normal curser and the loading curser. After wating for about 3min i restarted my pc. This time it got stuck on the windows...
  3. Booted into safe mode and Windows won't accept password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Booted into safe mode and Windows won't accept password: I booted into safe mode from msconfig and Windows won't accept any of the user passwords. I found instructions that said to hold shift while restarting and then selecting safe mode with networking but it still won't accept any passwords. I can't get it to boot back into...
  4. Windows won't accept my password after restarted into safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows won't accept my password after restarted into safe mode: Hello I restarted my computer into safe mode and now it won't accept my password I have no idea how to fix it, Appreciate the help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-accept-my-password-after-restarted/33457250-f89f-426f-9467-a72a73a4218b
  5. Stop Code: critical_error_died and safe mode won't accept correct password

Stop Code: critical_error_died and safe mode won't accept correct password: Hi, This morning I booted up my PC but it crashed with BSOD before I got to sign in. Now I get a stop code critical_process_failed upon start up every single time. I'm trying to repair my system in the windows 10 recovery environment but every single option even safe mode...
  6. Windows 10 Safe Mode - Won't Accept PIN or Microsoft Password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Safe Mode - Won't Accept PIN or Microsoft Password: As title says, I booted Windows 10 in Safe Mode minimal. I know that PIN won't work, but even my Microsoft account password (which I recently changed to fix this) won't let me in. Booting in Safe Mode + Networking doesn't change anything. I also have the little globe with...
  7. safe mode won't accept password

safe mode won't accept password: I followed these instructions to boot into safe mode to deal with a graphics driver issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode This seemed unnecessarily complex, but I was reassured by the checkbox for "make this change...
  8. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  9. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  10. Yet another "safe mode won't accept password" problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Yet another "safe mode won't accept password" problem: I have a month-old HP Spectre x360 laptop. It had some odd display behavior, and someone recommended uninstalling the graphics drivers. To be safe, I wanted to do this in safe mode. I tried to get into the system Startup Settings page, but it just displays a black screen...