Windows 10: Windows won't boot anymore - locked into BIOS

Discus and support Windows won't boot anymore - locked into BIOS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I received my new computer yesterday, it is a build whithout any operating system on it. I created a bootable USB stick using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/benjam_67, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Windows won't boot anymore - locked into BIOS

Hello everyone,

I received my new computer yesterday, it is a build whithout any operating system on it.
    I created a bootable USB stick using the official Microsoft Tool on another computer and I installed Windows 10 on my SSD.

Everything worked fine, but I couldn't see my HDD so I tried some stuff on the BIOS and now I can't even boot to Windows anymore : the SSD is seen in the BIOS but doesn't appear in the Boot Menu.

I can't find any way to go back to Windows.

Any suggestion ?

Here's my config :
    - ASUS Prime B550M-A
    - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    - 2 DDR4-2666 16GB PC4-21300 ADATA Bulk
    - SSD 480GB PNY CS900
    - HDS 2TB Toshiba P300
    - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super
    Thanks a lot !

submitted by /u/benjam_67
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/benjam_67, Nov 5, 2020
  2. erixx Win User

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Nov 5, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Nov 5, 2020
  4. scraff Win User

Windows won't boot anymore - locked into BIOS

My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't boot anymore - locked into BIOS

1. Windows won't boot anymore - locked into BIOS - Similar Threads - won't boot anymore

2. Lock screen image won't change anymore

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen image won't change anymore: I have it set to an image of my own, but now when I try to change it, the preview window keeps showing the "loading dots" animation indefinitely.Also, the 5 "Choose your picture" images are my own, but I can't reset these either....
  3. Lock screen image won't change anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen image won't change anymore: I have it set to an image of my own, but now when I try to change it, the preview window keeps showing the "loading dots" animation indefinitely.Also, the 5 "Choose your picture" images are my own, but I can't reset these either....
  4. Lock screen image won't change anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 won't boot anymore (BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot anymore (BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED): Hi there, I just created this account as I already read through a lot of good threads on this forum regarding similiar issues. After having a BSOD on my second partition (running 2x Windows 10 Pro on a dual-boot system) only one is running as it should. The BSOD was caused by...
  6. Bitlocker decrypting, Windows won't boot anymore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker decrypting, Windows won't boot anymore.: Hi guy, would like to get everyone help here. For my case, I'm actually run powershell to disable bitlocker and decrypting is in process, until status 22% then I'm shutting down the laptop and bring home to continue. But now problem is at home I try turn on laptop, the...
  7. Computer only boots BIOS, won't boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer only boots BIOS, won't boot Windows 10: I searched in this thread for a while, and don't even know if I'm in the right place, but my brother's computer is having some issues. If the computer is completely off, and we turn it on, it immediately opens BIOS, and BIOS works perfectly. Windows 10 will not boot up, and I...
  8. Windows won't boot and Troubleshoot is not recognizing OS anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't boot and Troubleshoot is not recognizing OS anymore: About 24 hours ago when i was using my laptop (Lenovo Legion Y730-15ICH) I got a windows prompt saying my laptop will restart automatically in a minute. I guessed it had downloaded an update it wanted to install(not sure if it is a lenovo update or a windows update). After...
  9. External harddisk won't boot anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    External harddisk won't boot anymore: I have an external harddrive with 2 partitions: one for mass storage and backup (4 tb) one for booting windows installations, macrium reflect and other media that needs to run from boot (8 gb) The bootable partition I reused for various tasks, everytime I needed to use...
  10. Win 10 won't boot up anymore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Win 10 won't boot up anymore: I used to have dual boot separate hard drives the win 10 on SSD and the Win 7 on a 500gb. Yesterday I started getting some freezing and when I looked at ctrl alt delete I saw Acresso Soft Manager front and center so I went in win 7 erased some files involving the soft one in...