Windows 10: Windows won't boot,black screen

Discus and support Windows won't boot,black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,recently my laptop has been refusing to boot.I can not access the safe mode,I can not restore or repair.I tried booting from usb but it just loads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ItumelengKolatsoeu, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Windows won't boot,black screen

Hi,recently my laptop has been refusing to boot.I can not access the safe mode,I can not restore or repair.I tried booting from usb but it just loads forever,it loaded for 2 days without nothing happening.Please help.At this point I just want to start afresh I had backed up my files earlier.

:)

ItumelengKolatsoeu, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Sep 25, 2020
  3. CodeSh33p Win User
    Black Screen on Boot

My pc has dumped while working in Unity and won`t boot properly anymore. All it does is showing me a black screen with a loading circle followed by a complete black screen with nothing. I can`t even see the login screen. I tried various shortcuts and methods
    but nothing helped. Here are my observations and some information.

• I don`t have an onboard graphics card
    • I can boot up secure mode without a problem
    • I can boot into uefi without a problem
    • I can boot into windows repair screen and interact there without a problem
    • I can boot into grub from an linux dist on my usb Stick but when i trz to boot into linux the same problem occurres
    • it is possible though to boot into linux compatible version
    • Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B on black screen (nothing happened)

• Ctrl + Shift + ESC to open taskmanager on black screen(nothing happened)
    • i`ve tried uninstalling and installing a fresh version of my graphics card driver but the black screen is still apearing
    • i`ve checked whether my windows installation or my disk is damage but both are fine
    • i`ve tried to perform a clean boot but it is also not working
    • i`ve tried to repair windows with an windows image on my usb stick but it resulted in the same problem midway through it
    I thought my graphics card is broken but than again why is it booting into secure mode at all?

CodeSh33p, Sep 25, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows won't boot,black screen

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't boot,black screen

1. Windows won't boot,black screen - Similar Threads - won't boot black

2. Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore: My computer is no longer booting up, could you help me please?I was looking at a website on Firefox, and noted my computer seemed to be freezing up as I couldn't move the mouse cursor. I couldn't do a reset via normal means because everything was locked up, so I hard reset my...
  3. Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore: My computer is no longer booting up, could you help me please?I was looking at a website on Firefox, and noted my computer seemed to be freezing up as I couldn't move the mouse cursor. I couldn't do a reset via normal means because everything was locked up, so I hard reset my...
  4. Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black Screen not booting to Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen not booting to Windows: When I open my PC does not boot. When I turn it on it shows the motherboard logo then black screen and it does not boot into Windows. I need to restart a bunch of times to get through windows and sometimes if I'm unlucky I get the SRT error saying that I need a restore point....
  6. Black Screen not booting to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen not booting to Windows: When I open my PC does not boot. When I turn it on it shows the motherboard logo then black screen and it does not boot into Windows. I need to restart a bunch of times to get through windows and sometimes if I'm unlucky I get the SRT error saying that I need a restore point....
  7. Black screen in booting windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen in booting windows: Recently when I boot my laptop see a blqck screen after showing laptop lego at the first that contain an below sentence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-in-booting-windows/04b60022-1919-4c15-be61-136672334ac5
  8. Windows Boots to Black Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Boots to Black Screen: Hey all, recently I have been having some issues with Windows update causing a BSOD due to a 'page fault in a non-paged area'. I thought I had fixed it by reading the dumps, but last night it happened again. So, I updated my bios because I noticed mine might have been out of...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot, black screen with blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot, black screen with blinking underscore: So my pc stopped working on Monday I've spent the past couple of days trying to figure out how to fix it but haven't found anyone else that's having the same issue as me. Monday morning I booted up my pc and was got a black screen with a blinking underscore at the top left. I...
  10. Win10 updated, now black screen and won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 updated, now black screen and won't boot: Hello, I'm using a HP Pavilion laptop, not sure on the specs. The other day an update was installed and it auto-restarted. When I went to restart again it showed there were more updates to install. After a few minutes of them being installed it went to a black screen....