Windows 10: WINDOWS won't boot. Changed msconfig startingconfiguration.

Discus and support WINDOWS won't boot. Changed msconfig startingconfiguration. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hallo, I made a Fatal mistake. Inside of the Windows+R"msconfig" I changed the windows starting configuration. There was "WINDOWS 10 C:\Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by imkas, Nov 10, 2020.

1. imkas Win User

WINDOWS won't boot. Changed msconfig startingconfiguration.

Hallo,

I made a Fatal mistake.

Inside of the Windows+R"msconfig" I changed the windows starting configuration. There was

"WINDOWS 10 C:\Windows current operating system"

and something else, I clicked on it. Saved the option and restartet my pc. It doesn't boot now :.

I loaded the windows installation media bootable USB and tried "starthelp" and "recover to an earlier point". But it doesn't work.

With the installation USB I went to the commandline and found that the files in C: are still there. So my personal data is still in place.

So here is the question: "How can I undo what I have done without deleting my data?"

WINDOWS won't boot. Changed msconfig startingconfiguration. 23b3d4a2-95ca-4cc7-b2a8-ec26ae399d8f?upload=true.png

This is not my PC

I changed the blue highlighted part to something different. I am sorry, I don't know what is is called in englisch

Thank you so much for your help!!!

:)

imkas, Nov 10, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

When you viewed the HP web site for software and drivers were you able to change the operating system from 10 to 7 or 8.1? If it is not listed there then it may not be the solution to the audio problem.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65631.html
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65631.cva

There are probook models listed for this driver. The computer model that you are using is not on the list.

Open msconfig and see whether your computer is booting in normal startup or selective startup.

zbook, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Volume Mute Light won´t change color

For my model only up to win7 is listed and HP says that it does not provide win 10 upgrades for a laptop my age. Don´t know how to open or use msconfig-my computer skills are very selective and all in all very poor.

mrsnakeman, Nov 10, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. WINDOWS won't boot. Changed msconfig startingconfiguration. - Similar Threads - won't boot Changed

2. Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig: So I changed number of processors in msconfig from 8 to 1 with an i7 3770 so I rebooted now I just get the blue recovery screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-boot-after-changing-number-of-processors-in/7edb604a-29de-4048-82d5-48f55f852344
  3. Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig: So I changed number of processors in msconfig from 8 to 1 with an i7 3770 so I rebooted now I just get the blue recovery screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-boot-after-changing-number-of-processors-in/7edb604a-29de-4048-82d5-48f55f852344
  4. Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Msconfig Won't Save Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Msconfig Won't Save Changes: I'm trying to change msconfig to Normal Startup but it won't save the changes. Fixes that I've tried:Creating a new admin account.Saving the changes in safe.Enabling start up services.I've been getting GPU driver crashes and this could be the cause of it....
  6. Msconfig Won't Save Changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Msconfig Won't Save Changes: I'm trying to change msconfig to Normal Startup but it won't save the changes. Fixes that I've tried:Creating a new admin account.Saving the changes in safe.Enabling start up services.I've been getting GPU driver crashes and this could be the cause of it....
  7. Msconfig Won't Save Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows won't boot after changing MSConfig to fix another issue

Windows won't boot after changing MSConfig to fix another issue: I have had my PC for 5 years.Recently my computer started freezing up after an hourI ended up reinstalling windows while keeping all the apps/files. After completing updates, the desktop would keep flashing with my main user, the other was fine.I followed advice to fix this...
  9. Windows not booting after changing something in msconfig.

Windows not booting after changing something in msconfig.: Hi I went into my msconfig to change the cores for my cpu and memory now I keep getting a blue screen and windows whe. I try to boot won't I have already tried some advanced options and made a windows restore so far nothing work can someone help me please and thankyou....
  10. Windows not booting after changing something on msconfig.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not booting after changing something on msconfig.: Hi I went into my msconfig to change the cores for my cpu and memory It didn't save last time now I keep getting a blue screen and windows won't properly boot I have already tried some advanced options and made a system restore but not working. submitted by /u/nebzi_...