Windows 10: Windows won't boot - Dell laptop

Discus and support Windows won't boot - Dell laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have the same issue as I saw on another question, but the answer was not a fix and the thread is locked. After a reboot, my Dell laptop displays the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jesse_Weaver, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Windows won't boot - Dell laptop

I have the same issue as I saw on another question, but the answer was not a fix and the thread is locked. After a reboot, my Dell laptop displays the message New USB device (LGD AIT touch controller 1FD2:5001)was installed." I have used f12 to boot into the support menu, but no option provided any fixes in my case. The other thread said to download and run a patch, but this obviously won't work as the machine will not boot into Windows at all. No buttons presses or combinations do anyhing and the mouse does not move. This model includes a touchscreen and from what I can dind, this is probably the cause, but still no fixes have been found.

:)

Jesse_Weaver, Oct 22, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Xjoejoex Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Windows won't boot - Dell laptop [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows won't boot - Dell laptop

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows won't boot - Dell laptop

1. Windows won't boot - Dell laptop - Similar Threads - won't boot Dell

2. Replaced a small daughterboard in Dell laptop; now Windows won't boot?

in Windows 10 Support
    Replaced a small daughterboard in Dell laptop; now Windows won't boot?: Hi all - just finished replacing the audio/wifi switch/USB ethernet daughterboard in a Dell latitude E6510 laptop. The laptop was working fine before and the reason that I replaced the board was because the two USB ports on that board were broken. I put everything back...
  3. Boot Issue with Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot Issue with Dell Laptop: My laptop has an issue when it boots. After booting to SystemAssist, I pressed F2 and ask skipped the scanning. It brought me to what looks like the UEFI BIOS Menu. I’m not sure where to go from here. I suspect it’s the UEFI Boot menu in BIOS. The issue is there is no windows...
  4. Laptop won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won't boot: I seem to have killed my laptop. It did a Windows 10 update I think and asked me to restart now or later. I chose later but forgot and logged off normally. Next day, it would not boot up. It gives me the makers name HP then the the spinning wheel of dots forever. What have I...
  5. Laptop won't boot

Laptop won't boot: I'm using an HP Pavilion g7 with Intel i3. It was working perfectly until, all of a sudden, it won't boot. I turn it on and get my opening screen. Then: press any key to get the box where I enter my password. But it won't give me the box. It keeps reverting to the opening...
  6. Windows won't boot past Dell screen

Windows won't boot past Dell screen: My Inspiron 15-7000 series with Windows 10 will not boot. It gets stuck on the Dell logo screen, or, when it tries to start the Recovery tool on the Dell screen, it gets stuck there, too. I tried to get to the Safe Mode screen, but couldn't get there. Any fix for this??...
  7. laptop won't boot

laptop won't boot: my HP laptop is giving me the error: Hard Drive Short DST Check: Failed Failure ID: GGAPVK-7GD9GE-XD7V6K-60XD03 What's wrong and how do I fix it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-boot/7f431665-4250-4d3f-9848-006f52b58cda
  8. Laptop won't boot

Laptop won't boot: I've been having some trouble with my HP Pavilion 15, after the recent Windows update. It boots to a BSD, displays the error message 0xc0000428, and won't go any further. System Restore doesn't work, with error 0x80070780. I don't have another PC to make a bootable image, and...
  9. Dell won't boot

Dell won't boot: My dell inspirio 1545 wont boot up, operating system not found.. how do run a diagnostic text, or up grade to windowd 10 if i cant get pass this message an i dont have a usb recovery stik or dvd to use. Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, &...
  10. Dell XPS Laptop won't boot, error 0xc000014c

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS Laptop won't boot, error 0xc000014c: I have a Dell XPS laptop that won't boot all of the sudden. Upon turning on the laptop, it attempts an automatic repair but fails. The first error code it showed all the time was 0xc000014c. It has also shown error code 0xc00000e9. I have tried the following with no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does it mean when your laptop shows composite device 1FD2:5001 was installed