Windows 10: Windows won't boot due to boot setting changes

Discus and support Windows won't boot due to boot setting changes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I noticed an issue recently where not all of my ram was being detected by windows 10. I did what microsoft support website told me to do and in boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AaronBeaton1, May 2, 2020.

1. Windows won't boot due to boot setting changes

I noticed an issue recently where not all of my ram was being detected by windows 10. I did what microsoft support website told me to do and in boot advanced settings changed the maximum memory to how much ram I have. After doing that and restarting the pc I got a screen saying there was an issue and it can't boot. I've tried doing an automatic repair and have even done a system restore. I know which setting was the problem but I now can't get into windows to fix it. I can't do anything in the troubleshoot menu it's taken me to to fix the problem. What can I do.

:)

AaronBeaton1, May 2, 2020

2. New build won't boot

Don't set the date, just let Windows take care of it once it's installed. And instead of setting the DVD as the boot drive, hit whatever key takes you to the boot device menu. There's definitely something wrong, of course, just a suggestion to get you going. I agree with people saying check all the other settings like RAM, to make sure something isn't being improperly detected that makes you have to change it by hand.

Studabaker, May 2, 2020
  3. erixx Win User
    Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, May 2, 2020
  4. nmrm Win User

Windows won't boot due to boot setting changes

computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

nmrm, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't boot due to boot setting changes

1. Windows won't boot due to boot setting changes - Similar Threads - won't boot due

2. Windows won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot: I was trying Macrium and EaseUS ToDo to backup the C drive of a 2-in-1 ASUS Transformer T100TA that has 2GB memory. While restoring with ToDo, I got some error and it went into an Automatic Repair loop. It always goes into the Recovery Environment and I tried all the options...
  3. Windows 10 boot drive letter changed. Won't boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 boot drive letter changed. Won't boot: Out of no where my windows 10 PC will not boot. After the windows logo it goes to a black screen with spinning dots. It will not boot in to safe mode. I booted to recovery tried startup repair (fails), tried reset this PC (fails). I opened a command prompt. Used diskpart and...
  4. Windows 10 boot drive letter changed. Won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boot drive letter changed. Won't boot: Out of no where my windows 10 PC will not boot. After the windows logo it goes to a black screen with spinning dots. It will not boot in to safe mode. I booted to recovery tried startup repair (fails), tried reset this PC (fails). I opened a command prompt. Used diskpart and...
  5. Won't Boot Due to USB Error?

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't Boot Due to USB Error?: I had a technician come test my PSU. Now my computer won't boot, and the error reads: Over Current Have Been Detected On You USB Device. Computer will shut down in 15 Seconds. I took out every USB device hooked up, but I still get the error. The computer did boot once, but in...
  6. Windows won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot: So I was having some trouble with my pc and so I tried to use the reset through windows 10, but when I restartet it is just stuck on the Very first image and is not even trying to load.I can't Access the troubleshooting because it doesn't even load that far.Does anyone here...
  7. Windows won't boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't boot.: Every time i boot my pc all i see is a black screen with my cursor and i already tried "renaming" shell explorer.exe and it still doesn't work. submitted by /u/xdexotic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mjzka1/windows_wont_boot/
  8. WINDOWS won't boot. Changed msconfig startingconfiguration.

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS won't boot. Changed msconfig startingconfiguration.: Hallo, I made a Fatal mistake. Inside of the Windows+R"msconfig" I changed the windows starting configuration. There was "WINDOWS 10 C:\Windows current operating system" and something else, I clicked on it. Saved the option and restartet my pc. It doesn't boot now :....
  9. Windows changing diagnostics setting on boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows changing diagnostics setting on boot: So I wanted to join the windows insider dev channel. When I went to windows insider program in settings it said to change diagnostics settings to full. I did that then when I went back to the windows insider settings I registered myself as a insider in the dev channel. Then...
  10. Windows won't boot after changing regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't boot after changing regedit: I was following a simple guide on how to make shortcut arrows disappear using regedit. I followed what it said and restarted my computer. The PC was turning itself off and on and off and on. I cut the power and restarted it - the PC is staying on but windows will not boot! I...