Windows 10: Windows won’t boot (error 0xc000000f)

Discus and support Windows won’t boot (error 0xc000000f) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I didn’t turn my pc off last night and when I woke up, I was looking at this error. “Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Psychonian, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Windows won’t boot (error 0xc000000f)

Hello, I didn’t turn my pc off last night and when I woke up, I was looking at this error. “Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. Insert your windows installation disk and select repair my computer. Boot selection failed because a drive is inaccessible.”

Some system specs off the top of my head:

Gigabyte gaming motherboard (i don’t have the exact model on hand, but i can find it if necessary)

AMD Ryzen 1500X CPU

256GB Crucial M4 SSD (primary)

1TB Hitachi HDS72101 HDD (secondary)

First things first, I tried doing startup repair. After several attempts, nothing changed. I also tried system restore, and it didn’t let me do that. The next thing I tried was to open a command prompt. I tried bootrec /fixmbr and bootrec /fixboot. Both of these were met with: “A device which does not exist was specified.” I also tried, for the sake of it, unplugging both of my drives and plugging them back in.

The next thing I saw online was that one of the disk partitions may not be active. I opened diskpart, selected my disk, and listed partitions. There were three listed, a system one, a storage one, and a recovery one. I was able to select all of them, but when I typed active, it again gave me the “A device which does not exist was specified”. At this point, I decided enough was enough and decided to reinstall windows, but windows installer wouldn’t let me install on my C drive, saying I couldn’t install on this drive (something about not being able to install an EFI os on this type of drive). When I refreshed, windows installer could no longer detect the drive at all.

I’m pretty much out of ideas here, and I’ve been working on this for the last 4 hours. If anyone has any ideas, please god let me know. I can provide additional information as needed.

submitted by /u/Psychonian
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Psychonian, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows won’t boot (error 0xc000000f)

1. Windows won’t boot (error 0xc000000f) - Similar Threads - won’t boot error

2. Error 0xc000000f boot error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc000000f boot error: I need help on something!!! I got an error that says recovery, "The operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors. Error 0xc000000f. ACPI.sys. I heard to get an USB but I don't have one should I just buy one? Would it even...
  3. Error 0xc000000f boot error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xc000000f boot error: I need help on something!!! I got an error that says recovery, "The operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors. Error 0xc000000f. ACPI.sys. I heard to get an USB but I don't have one should I just buy one? Would it even...
  4. Error 0xc000000f boot error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows can't boot error 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows can't boot error 0xc000000f: I just tried to turn on my PC and it instantly ran into a random problem that I've never encountered before. It tells me "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:" 1. Insert your windows installation disk and...
  6. Windows 10 boot error 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 boot error 0xc000000f: I need help with fixing an error with windows 10, after I finished installing it it said it needed to restart to finishing installing the graphics card but so I clicked restart and it did but as it was starting back up it just showed up as a black screen it didn't even get to...
  7. Can't boot into windows. Error code: 0xc000000f

Can't boot into windows. Error code: 0xc000000f: Don't have install disks to repair error. HP Pavilion 570-p050 came without setup/install disks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-boot-into-windows-error-code-0xc000000f/d7d6c56b-c44a-464f-a3ed-d6785df201a8
  8. Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start

Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start: Greetings! Bit of a long story here, I will try and keep it simple. I recently upgraded the following components on my computer. motherboard MSI 870a-g54 --> ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/ac RAM: Corsair XMS 4gb + G.Skilll Ripjaw 8gb --> 16 gb Corsair Vengeance LPX CPU: AMD...
  9. Dual Boot, Error Code:0xc000000f

Dual Boot, Error Code:0xc000000f: Firstly may I apologise if I have submitted my problem in the incorrect Forum, my symptoms seem to spread across a couple of areas. I am operating a 1 TB drive with Windows 10 and 7 in a Dual Boot configuration on my desktop PC, the win 10 is an on-line downloaded upgrade...
  10. \Boot\BCD Error 0xc000000f Can't boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    \Boot\BCD Error 0xc000000f Can't boot Windows 10: Hi, I have a problem with my W10 system, it is not booting and whatever I try is not working. I can't refresh/repair the PC because my drive is "locked" Startup repair doesn't work, no explanation. None of the solutions the Windows 10 DVD/media offers works I tried...
Tags: