Windows 10: Windows Won't Boot from Clone SSD (error code 0xc000000e) and Cannot Enter Recovery...

Discus and support Windows Won't Boot from Clone SSD (error code 0xc000000e) and Cannot Enter Recovery... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently cloned my 1TB SATA HDD onto a 1TB Intel M.2/NVMe SSD to hopefully tremendously speed up my 1-year-old Windows 10 HP laptop computer. My HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Samurai7388, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Windows Won't Boot from Clone SSD (error code 0xc000000e) and Cannot Enter Recovery...

I recently cloned my 1TB SATA HDD onto a 1TB Intel M.2/NVMe SSD to hopefully tremendously speed up my 1-year-old Windows 10 HP laptop computer. My HP ENVY 17" laptop does support NVMe. I went the clone route, as I have a tremendous number of applications installed and configured the way I want them to work and DO NOT want to 'start over'.

I anticipated some form of hiccup in booting because I cloned between two different drive types and, from searching the web, I find that I am not alone. However, any sites that I found purporting to have found a solution either have confusing answers or what the commenter saw during his attempts to resolve the situation did not exactly match what I am seeing.

As indicated in the subject line, with the new M.2/NVMe drive installed, on boot-up the computer goes to the BSOD with an error code 0xc000000e, which essentially means a device cannot be located or accessed.

Windows Won't Boot from Clone SSD (error code 0xc000000e) and Cannot Enter Recovery... 18f1b6b8-0da3-401c-9242-86bad162d4c6?upload=true.jpg

Pressing Enter to try again produces no change. Pressing F1 to enter Recovery Environment, just brings me back to this same BSOD screen.

The BIOS does see the new Intel NVMe drive, but something must need to be changed to actually boot from it.

Windows Won't Boot from Clone SSD (error code 0xc000000e) and Cannot Enter Recovery... [​IMG]

Many commenters have recommended creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive using the Media Creation Tool in order to get into the Recovery Environment (since hitting F1 did not work for me, as mentioned above). I went to a Microsoft page, found the tool and created a bootable USB drive.

With the NVMe drive still installed, I changed the BIOS to elevate USB to the top of the OS Boot Manager boot order, plugged in the bootable USB drive and the computer booted - more or less.

Windows Won't Boot from Clone SSD (error code 0xc000000e) and Cannot Enter Recovery... 4e963e26-c392-4ca7-b128-733fd43baf48?upload=true.jpg

There were no boot-up errors but, as you can see, there were only two options given - UPGRADE or CLEAN INSTALL, neither of which is what I am trying to do. I just want to repair/correct the boot operation.

I am a technical person but not a computer expert; so, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Samurai7388, Sep 12, 2019

2. Error code: 0xc000000e, unable to boot Windows after cloning hard drive

I have cloned the 2014 hdd from an ASUS laptop to the ssd using free aomei cloning software. I then installed the ssd into a 2017 Lenovo laptop. Windows will not run and I receive a blue recovery screen with error message "Error code: 0xc000000e". This hard
    drive is dual booted with Linux Mint using the grub menu. Of course Linux Mint works flawlessly. How do I get Windows 10 to work using the ssd in the 2017 machine?

Thank you for your help!

William

***Original title: Clone older 2014 laptop hard drive (running windows 10) to ssd then install the ssd into a newer 2017 laptop***

William.Ferrando, Sep 12, 2019
  3. 0xc000000e windows 10 cloned on ssd

Hi all,

I've bought a lenovo y520-15IKBN, I want to clone the windows 10 system I had on my previous PC (dell vostro 1520) on my new ssd.

i switched SATA controler mode to AHCI because i couldn't see my ssd on lenovo PC.

I made a clone using Aomei backupper pro of my dell.

I installed it on my hdd using aomei.

booted on my hdd partition, cloned the hdd system on my ssd.

I now get 0xc000000e error on each booting on hdd and ssd.

and bootrec /rebuildbcd doesn't make it !

HELP ME PLEASE !! this is driving me MAD !

AymericJOUON, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Windows Won't Boot from Clone SSD (error code 0xc000000e) and Cannot Enter Recovery...

Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e after Clone to SSD

Did you enter into BIOS and set the SSD as the first boot disk after
    cloning Windows to SSD
    ?

You'd better do a disk backup in advance. If it doesn't meet your expectations, you can restore the disk image later.

Paperfly58, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows Won't Boot from Clone SSD (error code 0xc000000e) and Cannot Enter Recovery...

1. Windows Won't Boot from Clone SSD (error code 0xc000000e) and Cannot Enter Recovery... - Similar Threads - Won't Boot Clone

2. Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD: I'm using Lenovo G50-80, and additionally added an SSD to it aswell some time ago and the person who installed it upgraded it to Windows 10 aswell. Recently I installed new windows 10 using an Installation Media via USB and after installation whenever I start my computer at...
  3. Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD: I'm using Lenovo G50-80, and additionally added an SSD to it aswell some time ago and the person who installed it upgraded it to Windows 10 aswell. Recently I installed new windows 10 using an Installation Media via USB and after installation whenever I start my computer at...
  4. Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cloned SSD will not boot, shows winload.exe error 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned SSD will not boot, shows winload.exe error 0xc000000e: I cloned my HDD to a SSD, when booting up, i get a winload.exe error 0xc000000e. I tried recloning 3 times using Macrium Reflect free and Acronis, same error. I also try plugging my SSD into the same SATA slot and playing around with the boot order, same thing. In the past...
  6. Cloned SSD will not boot, shows winload.exe error 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloned SSD will not boot, shows winload.exe error 0xc000000e: I cloned my HDD to a SSD, when booting up, i get a winload.exe error 0xc000000e. I tried recloning 3 times using Macrium Reflect free and Acronis, same error. I also try plugging my SSD into the same SATA slot and playing around with the boot order, same thing. In the past...
  7. Missing Boot record Error code: 0xc000000e after cloning OS from an NVMe SSD to a SATA SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Boot record Error code: 0xc000000e after cloning OS from an NVMe SSD to a SATA SSD: After purchasing a new 1TB SATA SSD for increased storage capacity, I wanted to clone my C: drive and OS to this SSD from my original NVMe 1TB Storage SSD, format the NVMe by wiping it clean and then transfer the OS from the SATA SSD back to the NVMe. With a completely wiped...
  8. Recovery error code 0xc000000e

Recovery error code 0xc000000e: I turned on my computer and was greeted by a blue screen displaying Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed Error code 0xc000000e You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any...
  9. Error code: 0xc000000e, unable to boot Windows after cloning hard drive

Error code: 0xc000000e, unable to boot Windows after cloning hard drive: I have cloned the 2014 hdd from an ASUS laptop to the ssd using free aomei cloning software. I then installed the ssd into a 2017 Lenovo laptop. Windows will not run and I receive a blue recovery screen with error message "Error code: 0xc000000e". This hard drive is dual...
  10. Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e after Clone to SSD

Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e after Clone to SSD: Hi, I have an HP450 Notebook where the HD was set as a Dynamic Drive (as purchased new). In the HP drive shows 4 partitions, HP_Tools, System, Recovery and Windows. I cloned the drive to a Seagate Baracuda 1Tb SSD using MiniTool Partition Wizard. I now cannot get...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo clone ssd error code 0xc000000e

2. 0x000000e error after clone hdd