Windows 10: Windows won't boot from my new ssd

Discus and support Windows won't boot from my new ssd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a new ssd and cloned my old ssd(boot drive) to my new one. My computer wouldn't want to use it as a default boot drive so I booted windows on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/catanddoglover22, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Windows won't boot from my new ssd

I got a new ssd and cloned my old ssd(boot drive) to my new one. My computer wouldn't want to use it as a default boot drive so I booted windows on a disc and repaired the mrb but it still doesn't work. Does anyone else have any ideas and what to do next?

submitted by /u/catanddoglover22
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/catanddoglover22, Dec 26, 2020

2. New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present

It seems you installed Windows while the both SSDs were connected. This would have caused your current problem. Maybe it is sufficient to do this:

1. Launch the Disk Manager.
    2. Right-click drive C:, then mark it as "active".
    3. Shut down Windows
    4. Open the BIOS and tell it that the new SSD is the primary boot device.
    5. Disconnect the old SSD.
    6. Boot up normally.

If this does not work then you might have to do this:

1. Disconnect the old SSD.
    2. Re-install Windows on the new SSD, using the Media Creation Tool.

Frederik Long, Dec 26, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Windows won't boot from my new ssd

Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't boot from my new ssd

1. Windows won't boot from my new ssd - Similar Threads - won't boot ssd

2. New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot: Ok so I have a new HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg300, 15.6". I bought a new hard drive and cloned the one from the laptop. I transferred all my files from my current computer to the new hard drive via USB. I finally replaced the old one with this one: Crucial P3 4TB PCIe Gen3 3D...
  3. New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot: Ok so I have a new HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg300, 15.6". I bought a new hard drive and cloned the one from the laptop. I transferred all my files from my current computer to the new hard drive via USB. I finally replaced the old one with this one: Crucial P3 4TB PCIe Gen3 3D...
  4. New SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD won't boot: I just cloned my Windows 10 partition to a new SSD, but it won't boot. I had Windows set up to dual boot to Windows XP on another partition on the same HD when I cloned it. I did not move that XP partition to the SSD, is that possibly the reason it won't boot? When I try to...
  5. New SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New SSD won't boot: I just cloned my Windows 10 partition to a new SSD, but it won't boot. I had Windows set up to dual boot to Windows XP on another partition on the same HD when I cloned it. I did not move that XP partition to the SSD, is that possibly the reason it won't boot? When I try to...
  6. New SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 won't boot from New SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot from New SSD: I recently installed an SSD Barracuda 120 in my computer, I kept my original HDD as a secondary drive for storage, this morning after 3 days of normal use, the SSD won't boot into Windows and I'm getting a BSOD Strttrail.txt Error, Windows is not able to repair it and it...
  8. New M2.SSD Clone SSD won't boot Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New M2.SSD Clone SSD won't boot Help: Hi all, I have bought a new M2.SSD. I have used Macrium reflect softwer to clone my SSD to My new M2.SSD,I have cloned all the partitions but unfortunately My PC won't boot up I Have change it on The Bios and selected as first drive to boot from but still won't boot As...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot from ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't boot from ssd: I recently cloned windows from my HDD to my SSD on my bios it says that my HDD is the windows boot manager and not my SSD when I change the boot priorities to my SSD and i Boot my pc it says that : "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot...
  10. Help with booting windows from new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with booting windows from new SSD: Dear all, I recently bought a new SSD with the intention to run Windows and other programs from it, because my old HDD became terribly slow. Setting it up turned out to be a little more difficult than expected. There's a lot of information on this topic available but I...