Windows 10: Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559

Discus and support Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I've recently intalled Ubuntu 20.04 in a HD containing a partition with Windows in aDell Inspiron 15 7559. During the installation,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ale_bxsantos, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559

Hello everyone.

I've recently intalled Ubuntu 20.04 in a HD containing a partition with Windows in aDell Inspiron 15 7559. During the installation, everything went fine, but as soon as the notebook restarted, it keptshowing the following error:

PXE-EGP: Media test failure, check cable
    PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE rom
    No Boot Device Found
    Press Any Key To Reboot The Machine.

From that point onwards, the error keeps appearing and I can't boot into anything except for live USBs.
    The first thing i did was remove the Ubuntu installation, via a live usb with ubtuntu through gparted, and that went without any troubles pointing me to a direction that the HD was still fine. In gparted I could see all the OS and Data windows partitions, and MBR bootloader.

To check if the HD was corrupted I used the Windows 10 Live USB to enter in a command prompt and check the HD files via diskpart.
    This was the following sequence:

out: On computer: MINIT-03CHJ60
    DISKPARTED> list disk
    nº status size Free Din GPT
    0 online 119 GB 1024 kb *
    1 online 931 GB 0 *
    2 online 14 GB 0 # This is my pendrive
    DISKPARTED> list vol
    nº ltr rot fs type size information
    0 c os NFTS partition 107GB
    1 NFTS 517 mb
    2 image NFTS 10GB
    3 ESP FAT32 500mb
    4 D DATA NFTS 736GB
    5 E NFTS 195 GB
    6 F ESD-WB FAT32 removable 14 GB # This is my pendrive

To me it seems the HD is stil fine and being recognized.

I've tried to install Windows 10 in the empty E partition, but it keeps teeling me thatwindows can't install into GTP disk.

I've searched many places and in the most forums people kept getting this error whenever they changed the BIOS from UEFI to Legacy. Is is possible that when I installed Ubuntu, the BIOS settings was changed?
    Since it's an SSD, I can't press F2 to enter BIOS before boot to check this.
    Is there any way to enter BIOS and see if the settings was changed? I'm also open to ideas of what can be done to restore the previous status without damaging the data.

Thanks for your attention and keep safe,

Alexandre

:)

ale_bxsantos, Jul 12, 2020
  2. jds63 Win User

How to install UEFI on Dell Inspiron 15 7559

O.k. well if somehow have it covered from another forum i do not know how so. Not sure what you are trying to say, the bootmgr.efi is on the windows 8.1 you copied, to put it on a USB Flash you first need to make it bootable, if was made to a dvd this would be not needed i know of.

Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559 [​IMG]

jds63, Jul 12, 2020
  3. taskbar icons and dialogue boxes are unreadable in inspiron 15 7559

hi,
    I recently bought an laptop inspiron 15 ( 7559) withe the following configuration.
    processor: 6th gen i7
    display: 4k
    graphics: nvidia gtx 960

the problem is the icons and dialogue boxes are very small and impossible to read.
    i am not able to change the sizes. It occors in almost all applications.
    i tried resetting the pc, changing OS but the problem still exist.
    Please do help me find the solution for this issue
    i am attaching snap shots for reference.

pradeep9293, Jul 12, 2020
  4. FrankRich Win User

Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559

Touchpad lagging - Signature Edition Dell Inspiron 15 7559

I'm getting major lagging when using my touchpad on my brand new Dell Inspiron 15 7559 Signature Edition I purchased from the Microsoft Store (online). The lagging almost always happens on the desktop, but not (mostly) on an open window. The lagging is
    serious. I can draw circles on the touchpad and it takes 4-5 seconds for the cursor to catch up. Light, medium, heavy pressure all the same.

The Signature Edition is supposed to include the latest drivers and be free of bloatware...but I'll probably need to install Dell's support assistant to run a check.

I am not having luck with settings and have no idea how to proceed. Very frustrated

FrankRich, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559

1. Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559 - Similar Threads - won't boot Dell

2. DELL Inspiron 15-3567

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELL Inspiron 15-3567: IntelR CoreTM i5-7200UIt says that my computer currently doensn't meet the minimum requirements.When it says currently , means that in the future will be an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-15-3567/8a4b2203-3f72-4cde-a5f2-bacd9c7500bd
  3. Weird TouchPad glitch- Dell Inspiron 7559

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird TouchPad glitch- Dell Inspiron 7559: So, I've been using my laptop for roughly five years now and I've encountered a weird TouchPad glitch recently. Basically when I touch my TouchPad, it only allows me to select things on the taskbar, and nothing else until I close the computer and reopen it.The thing is, it...
  4. windows update is blue screening my dell inspiron 15 7559.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows update is blue screening my dell inspiron 15 7559.: So, I finally got my laptop up and running after numerous reinstalls of windows 10 pro 64 bit. Windows repaired itself and gave me this message....
  5. windows update is blue screening my dell inspiron 15 7559.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update is blue screening my dell inspiron 15 7559.: So, I finally got my laptop up and running after numerous reinstalls of windows 10 pro 64 bit. Windows repaired itself and gave me this message....
  6. Need Help with Wifi and my Dell Inspiron 15 7559 Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help with Wifi and my Dell Inspiron 15 7559 Laptop: Good morning everyone, This sub has come through for me a couple of times and have been forever thankful...i have one issue that i cannot seem to resolve no matter how much i google, watch youtube videos i cannot get this to work...there might not even be a solution, but i...
  7. i have a dell inspiron 15 7559 it wont go into safe mode with network

in Windows 10 Support
    i have a dell inspiron 15 7559 it wont go into safe mode with network: windows 10 build 18363.836 157176
  8. i have a dell inspiron 15 7559 it wont go into safe mode with networkn

in Windows 10 Support
    i have a dell inspiron 15 7559 it wont go into safe mode with networkn: windows 10 build 18363.836 157176
  9. taskbar icons and dialogue boxes are unreadable in inspiron 15 7559

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar icons and dialogue boxes are unreadable in inspiron 15 7559: hi, I recently bought an laptop inspiron 15 ( 7559) withe the following configuration. processor: 6th gen i7 display: 4k graphics: nvidia gtx 960 Os: windows 10 the problem is the icons and dialogue boxes are very small and impossible to read. i am not able to...
  10. How to install UEFI on Dell Inspiron 15 7559

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install UEFI on Dell Inspiron 15 7559: As the title says how exactly do you achieve this? I have an ISO Ran RUFUS 2.6 GPT Partition Scheme for UEFI Fat 32 8192 Default X Quick Format X Create a bootable disk using X Create Extended label and Icon Files so the next part is the Kicker Dell did a number...