Windows 10: Windows won't boot, no "reset" option available

Discus and support Windows won't boot, no "reset" option available in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This Question was asked before. I tried everything, even the suggestions/fixes that were stated. Every suggestion, every possible fix was met with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by luvpats, Oct 19, 2021.

1. luvpats Win User

Windows won't boot, no "reset" option available

This Question was asked before. I tried everything, even the suggestions/fixes that were stated. Every suggestion, every possible fix was met with error messages: DISM, SFC, REBUILD BCD, on and on. HP logo, with "please wait" signChoose your keyboard layoutChoose an option > Troubleshoot OR Turn off your PCThere is no "RESET MY PC" option at any point.I have tried all of the Troubleshoot options, including:System restore no restore points available, although there is as I created oneStartup repair can't find the problemUninstall updates "We ran into a problem and won't be able to unin

:)

luvpats, Oct 19, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Which steps did you perform? Was this from a clean boot?
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste this command: shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
    It will boot to the recovery options or windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    Click troubleshooting and click reset this computer. You will be saving files. Applications and programs will be removed. Windows will be reinstalled.
    Enter your windows logon password.
    You will see getting things ready with rotating dots.
    Click resetting this PC.
    It will then display the HP logo with resetting this PC with rotating dots and a percentage.

zbook, Oct 19, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Windows won't boot, no "reset" option available

Windows 10 won´t boot into automatic repair neither safe mode or any of the other options

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 and perform Automatic Repair.

Download Windows 10

Follow the below steps:

• After you boot your computer using
      Windows 10 CD/ DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click on Repair your computer
      in the lower left corner.

• Select Troubleshoot
      from Choose an option screen.

• Click on Advanced options
      in Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Automatic Repair
      from Advanced Options screen.

• Next, choose the operating system by clicking on its button.

• Windows 10 will look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows won't boot, no "reset" option available

1. Windows won't boot, no "reset" option available - Similar Threads - won't boot reset

2. Factory reset option won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset option won't work: Purchased used PC, the Factory reset option won't work. I've tried the hold shift/power/restart option. After pressing erace everything the monitor shuts off and the light flashes. After giving the PC some time I have to turn it back on and there is no change....
  3. Windows won't boot, no "reset" option available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot, no "reset" option available: This Question was asked before. I tried everything, even the suggestions/fixes that were stated. Every suggestion, every possible fix was met with error messages: DISM, SFC, REBUILD BCD, on and on. HP logo, with "please wait" signChoose your keyboard layoutChoose an option >...
  4. Windows won't boot, no "reset" option available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't boot, no "reset" option available: This Question was asked before. I tried everything, even the suggestions/fixes that were stated. Every suggestion, every possible fix was met with error messages: DISM, SFC, REBUILD BCD, on and on. HP logo, with "please wait" signChoose your keyboard layoutChoose an option >...
  5. Network Reset option not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Reset option not available: I am using windows 10 pro and network reset option is not available,.Tried to find in settings -> network & internet -> network reset but that option is not availableSearch in settings also but no luck any ideas why am I missing this option ?...
  6. Network Reset option not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Reset option not available: I am using windows 10 pro and network reset option is not available,.Tried to find in settings -> network & internet -> network reset but that option is not availableSearch in settings also but no luck any ideas why am I missing this option ?...
  7. Network Reset option not available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows won't boot, no "restart" option available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot, no "restart" option available: Hi everyone, I really need help here. My laptop turns on but Windows won't start. Dell logo, with "Please wait" sign Any suggestion? Thanks!...
  9. Windows won't boot, no "reset" option available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't boot, no "reset" option available: Hi all, really need some help here. My laptop turns on but Windows won't boot. The sequence is: Dell logo, with "please wait" sign Choose your keyboard layout Choose an option > Troubleshoot OR Turn off your PC There is no "RESET MY PC" option at any point. I have tried...
  10. Boot failure and no Reset option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot failure and no Reset option: Hello, After a browser crash, the OS froze and after a hard restart my laptop won't boot. It's a Lenovo IdeaPad 320 with 8GB RAM, and only a year and 3 months old which I've used basically for web browsing and desktop publishing; so since this has happened without obvious...