Windows 10: Windows won't boot on startup

Discus and support Windows won't boot on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having an issue where every time I try boot my pc, I can get onto the log in page, but then when I log in, the screen turns black the monitor is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by anayumiko, Aug 3, 2021.

1. anayumiko Win User

Windows won't boot on startup

I am having an issue where every time I try boot my pc, I can get onto the log in page, but then when I log in, the screen turns black the monitor is still on & working but there is nothing on the screen. My PC also remains on even after the screen turns black. I have to manually turn everything, my PC and monitor, off using the power button.I have done the chkdsk command prompt & /f by pressing F11 when my PC loads up. I have tried fixing errors on start up which didn't work. They are only temporary fixes but the next day I start up my PC, I get the same issue where windows is unabl

:)

anayumiko, Aug 3, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 3, 2021
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Wingo101 Win User

Windows Vista Startup Problem ( Dual Boot)

I've got a dual boot set up on my computer, with Windows XP Professional 32bit & Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I haven't booted into Vista for quite some time now because I get better performance from XP. But now, if I try to boot into Vista, it goes through until after the Welcome screen & just gets stuck on a black screen with the pointer showing.

I have tried repairing the startup using the Vista CD.

Any suggestions?

Wingo101, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows won't boot on startup - Similar Threads - won't boot startup

2. Hard drive won't boot at first startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive won't boot at first startup: Problem started about two days ago, my laptop has been turned off for four days, I turned it on only to find the internal hard drive disk D: missing, I tried finding it in disk management, device manager, and later even in BIOS and it doesn't show up on all three. I've tried...
  3. My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work: Windows is not bitting up after some updates regarding winload.efi. Start up repair won't help on fixing the issue. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-wont-boot-up-windows-startup-repair-wont/1b7e9e41-e810-4b53-a96d-2d5be7775823
  4. My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work: Windows is not bitting up after some updates regarding winload.efi. Start up repair won't help on fixing the issue. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-wont-boot-up-windows-startup-repair-wont/1b7e9e41-e810-4b53-a96d-2d5be7775823
  5. My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing: My computer stopped booting Windows after having trouble installing updates. Error messages tell me that there's a problem with winload.efi. Startup Repair takes me to the blue recovery screen. System restore fails, as does trying to uninstall updates. I've tried using the...
  7. chkdsk on boot drive won't run at startup

chkdsk on boot drive won't run at startup: I am trying to image my boot hard drive in order to migrate the data to an ssd. The backup software (Macrium Reflect) first checks the file system, but reports an "MFT corrupt error", and indicates to run chkdsk c: /r to fix the issue. I opened power shell and attempted to...
  8. Computer won't boot up without "Startup Repair" window

Computer won't boot up without "Startup Repair" window: My computer gives me the startup repair window every time I try to boot up. It can't find any problems when I troubleshoot, and resetting the computer didn't help either. What can I do to get my computer to turn on properly without having to restart my PC every time?...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot passed startup screen.

Windows 10 won't boot passed startup screen.: 2 nights ago my wife finished using our desktop and shut it down as normal. She said it took a little longer than normal to shut down. Now it wont boot passed the windows icon, it just goes to a black screen with cursor. Ive tried booting in safe mode with the same problem....
  10. window won't startup.

window won't startup.: window won't startup. It said "secure boot policy has unexpectedly changed. you need to enter your recovery key." I found the bitlocker key from Microsoft site "windows.microsoft.com/recoverykeyfaq" and put the right key but failed to unlock. Moved from: Surface / Surface...