Windows 10: Windows won't boot unless I keep hitting buttons

Discus and support Windows won't boot unless I keep hitting buttons in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an Acer Nitro 5 an515-42. Its a laptop with amd ryzen 2500u and two graphic cards. Amd vega 8 and amd radeom 560x. I've had this issue for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by uefigod, May 9, 2020.

1. uefigod Win User

Windows won't boot unless I keep hitting buttons

I have an Acer Nitro 5 an515-42. Its a laptop with amd ryzen 2500u and two graphic cards. Amd vega 8 and amd radeom 560x.

I've had this issue for the past two days and haven't found any solution yet.

This started happening about two-three days ago. What i mean by the title is i almost always successfully boot into windows if i keep hitting a button over and over again buttons I've used so far - 'k', 'f8' and 'enter' if i dont do this windows just loads for a while spinning dots and shutsdown keyboard lights go off and restarts for it to do the same thing again. It sometimes does end up booting upbup its pretty rare.

Here are a few more related symptoms ive noticed -

1 when it does successfully boot, the brightness of the main display goes dim for a split second and comes back up i cant tell if it actually turns off but i doubt it

2 after i log into my user account the display foes black again this time im pretty sure it turns off for a split second or atleast stops everything in the 1dt point i can still see the spinning circles whereas in this the cursor also disappears for a split second

3 sometimes I shutdown/hibernate/sleep windows goes through the spinning dots but the fans still keep spinning and the keyboard backlight stays on. But i am able to successfully wake it up from the hibernation i.e everything is where i left it off but it wont wake up from sleep mode.

4 The ntbtlog.txt file doesnt save anything when this crash happens still gonna put up a link for it on here

5 i had a old system restore that completely fixed this problem the first time it happened although i didnt didnt test it extensively back then but windoes for some reason decided to delete it :

I'm not sure about this - but i think this started happening when i hibernated the laptop but it didnt fully shut down i.e backlight still on and fans spinning i just force shut it down by long pressing the power button. After a day or two of messing around. I turned off hibernation through cmd to no avail. But turning it on again, hibernating, booting back up and shutting down did help in a smooth shutdown and boot up for 3 consecutive times! I shut it down again and let it stay shut down for a while 20-40 mins came back to the same issue.

I've tried resetting it through the pinhole i found behind the laptop i assume this resets the CMOS? And that hasn't helped either. I'm now gonna open it up and try resetting the cmos physically.

Everything else in windows runs as expected. I recently did a bios update in the midst of all this and it hasnt effected the situation in anyway.

Here are a few othwr things ive already tried -

1 reinstalling gpu drivers

2 uninstalling microsoft compilant aci drivers

3 reinstalling various versions of the gou that have worked previously

4 turning on/off hybrid sleep, fast startup, fastboot, secureboot in their respective places

5 deleting monitor.sys from drivers because it failed to load in the ntbtlog

6 deletinf dxgkrnl.sys because it fails to boot in the ntbootlog but this just reaults in a bsod so i just put it back in.

7 creating a new user account, weirdly the chances of it booting up asem higher when i use this account through a few power cycles. Next step is to get rid of the old user account completely.

I KNOW the nezt logical step is to just reset the pc or even clean install windows. But i refuse to do it, ive i

iad to reinstall windows so many times in the last few years, and the amount of software i have to reinstall is just too much work for me. I really really dont want to do it.

This is just a weird issue, because more than 95% of the time it boots fine if i smash a random button on the keyboard

:)

uefigod, May 9, 2020
  2. MLA
    mla Win User

IE11 not keeps entry when hit back button

I have a little issue with a web up that opens in IE11.
    It works when the "thing" is installed on local pc (little installer that creates an icon on desktop pointing to Internal WebServer providing the app).

1. in app list of names is presented. To quickly find the data for particular person the ID is typed in ID Patient field (8888888).

Windows won't boot unless I keep hitting buttons [​IMG]

2. the list of data related to the Patient ID 8888888 appears. Each line is clickable...

3. When hit return button, it brings first screen but without the entry 8888888 in ID Patient box that was typed in step 1.
    It works fine when running on local pc. But when published by Citrix (the icon delivered to Desktop) the entry not kept.
    Citrix Server is 2012 R2 with IE11 (the same that used on local machines).

May be somebody can suggest what IE setting should be adjusted. Something related to web form caching?

Thanks.

3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, May 9, 2020
  4. erixx Win User

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows won't boot unless I keep hitting buttons - Similar Threads - won't boot unless

2. PC won't boot unless I press the reset button. Unable to tell if it's a monitor issue or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot unless I press the reset button. Unable to tell if it's a monitor issue or...: Hey there everyone, I built my system about a month ago and have had the above issue since day one. It occurs probably about 80% of the time and I'm unable to determine why it sometimes reboots on it's own while other times it does not until I press the reset button. I'll...
  3. PC won't boot unless I press the reset button. Unable to tell if it's a monitor issue or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't boot unless I press the reset button. Unable to tell if it's a monitor issue or...: Hey there everyone, I built my system about a month ago and have had the above issue since day one. It occurs probably about 80% of the time and I'm unable to determine why it sometimes reboots on it's own while other times it does not until I press the reset button. I'll...
  4. PC wont boot to get to my windows 10 password screen unless I hit f8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wont boot to get to my windows 10 password screen unless I hit f8: Hi,I've done no changes to my pc but today it just wont boot to the windows password screen I just get a black screen unless I hit F8 on that screen, which I know should be the safe mode option but I'm on windows 10 Pro and that doesn't work when I click F8 to get the safe...
  5. Cannot boot into Windows unless I keep usb in that I downloaded windows with

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot boot into Windows unless I keep usb in that I downloaded windows with: Hi, As I got a new build, I had to install a new windows download. I used a fairly old usb I had laying around the house to download windows with to my ssd. Boot went fine, but when I removed the usb and set the boot to the ssd, my system passes the enter bios screen and...
  6. Pc won't boot unless I press the reset button during

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc won't boot unless I press the reset button during: I've had this issue for well over a year now and since then I've factory reset a few times and even switched from a 5-year-old hard drive to an nvme, completely lost on what to do. On the off chance it does boot on the first try it will crash with a seemingly random error...
  7. Windows won't boot unless I keep hitting buttons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't boot unless I keep hitting buttons: I have an Acer Nitro 5 an515-42. It's a laptop with AMD ryzen 2500u and two graphic cards, AMD vega 8 and AMD radeom 560x. I've had this issue for the past two days and haven't found any solution yet. This started happening about two-three days ago. What i mean by the title...
  8. IE11 not keeps entry when hit back button

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 not keeps entry when hit back button: I have a little issue with a web up that opens in IE11. It works when the "thing" is installed on local pc (little installer that creates an icon on desktop pointing to Internal WebServer providing the app). 1. in app list of names is presented. To quickly find the data for...
  9. Windows won't boot unless I press a key

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows won't boot unless I press a key: I was dual-booting Windows 10 and Kubuntu but decided to delete my Linux partition using the disk manager (rookie mistake), which made me unable to boot into Windows since the Grub bootloader couldn't find the now deleted Linux installation. I used a bootable USB with...
  10. Windows won't start unless hard boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't start unless hard boot: I recently developed a problem where my system won't start unless I hard boot my laptop. If I shut it down normally and then turn it on, it only displays a black screen with the cursor and freezes. If I hard boot it and then start it up it runs normally. If I restart...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1- only boots if i keep hitting buttons