Windows 10: Windows Wont Boot Up At All (Black Screen Problem)

Discus and support Windows Wont Boot Up At All (Black Screen Problem) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello people of Tenforums, this problem has been persisting since early October and still have not come up with a solution and neither have other forum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BactaTankAddict, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Windows Wont Boot Up At All (Black Screen Problem)

Hello people of Tenforums, this problem has been persisting since early October and still have not come up with a solution and neither have other forum sites. Windows one day just stopped booting when I accidentally, and unknowingly, added EXT4 file type volumes onto my hard drive using 'Linux File Systems for Windows by Paragon'. Windows tries to boot but nothing but a black screen appears and then takes me back to the UEFI bios menu.

Windows Wont Boot Up At All (Black Screen Problem) [​IMG]

Windows has refused to boot up ever since and I've even tried some chkdsk commands, 'bcdboot c:\windows /s c:', and even deleted the EXT4 file type partition (along with an unknown windows partition, and EXT4 Windows Recovery Environment Partition).

Nothing has seemed to work. I've moved all my valuable files off my c: drive and ready to just install a fresh boot of windows at this point. What do you guys think? Windows Version number is 10.0.19041.1 btw. This post may be too deficient, and I'm sorry, I will add anymore information, just ask. But was just hoping someone who knows about Linux and Hard Drives could maybe come up with an explanation, or solution, as to what happened. Thanks to everyone who replies in advance, it means a lot. Windows Wont Boot Up At All (Black Screen Problem) :)

:)

BactaTankAddict, Dec 8, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Dec 8, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Windows Wont Boot Up At All (Black Screen Problem)

windows not booting, black screen yet safemode works

Hi Andrew,

I suggest you to force restart the computer and check whether you can boot into the computer or not.

Also I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen”
    issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Wont Boot Up At All (Black Screen Problem)

1. Windows Wont Boot Up At All (Black Screen Problem) - Similar Threads - Wont Boot Black

2. Black screen after boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after boot up: i have really big problem please help aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHello, Microsoft. I have a big question to ask you. You see, I own a Toshiba A665 laptop from 2010 running Windows 10, and it works really well, until just now. I was trying to open the Google Chrome browser, but it just...
  3. black screen after booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen after booting up: my PC black screen after booting up, when i boot up my pc it takes about 40-50 second till my monitor is turn on and show some signal, after that the monitor just turn on and stuck on black screen, i have no visual on mouse cursor, and my keyboard didn't work too... i tried...
  4. Computer not booting up Black Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer not booting up Black Screen: How do I download a boot disk to USB ?Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-booting-up-black-screen/49411470-d6d0-4f39-9d6b-60e0b11414d4
  5. Windows boots up into a black screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows boots up into a black screen.: So what happened was I tried dual booting Linux mint but It didn't show an "install with windows" option. So I read on the internet that disabling fast startup can help. So I disabled fast startup. First 3 or 4 startups were normal. But then I plugged in another usb which in...
  6. Windows black screen after booting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows black screen after booting up: I'm using windows in mac book pro by dual boot and haven't encountered any error since 2 yrs . Yesterday night it said update and shutdown , so i did and went to bed . And today when i tried to switch on my mac , windows booted up and it shows blank screen and i don't know...
  7. Black screen/ no boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen/ no boot up: Hi, Recently computer stopped booting up. What happens is, I power it on, the flash screen comes up, then it says loading operating system and then it just goes to a black screen and stays like it. This happened ever since i tried to boot into safe mode and upon restart...
  8. Black Screen When Booting Up

Black Screen When Booting Up: Hi, when i boot up my laptop it has a black screen but after a while it goes to windows i have switched the hard drive from my Toshiba L755 where i first experienced the black screen but it never booted up to windows. When i switched the hard drive to my other laptop (Dell...
  9. Black Screen/Crash on boot up

Black Screen/Crash on boot up: Hi All, I took advantage of all the Black Friday deals and built a new 8700k Coffee Lake PC. However, today I noticed after cold booting - right before getting to the Win10 login screen, my monitor went black. Almost like it lost signal - Screen went black, my monitor...
  10. Windows 10 Black Screen Boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Black Screen Boot up: hai lets get straight to the point. recently i updated windows insider on the slow ring. after that, i noticed my systems arent working too well. one time, i couldnt shut down the pc. and then, now i cant boot up as its just blank with cursor when i move it around. heres...