Windows 10: Windows won't boot with GPU drivers installed

Discus and support Windows won't boot with GPU drivers installed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Computer Type: Desktop custom build. GPU: MSI Mech 5600 xt oc CPU: Ryzen 2600 Motherboard: Asus Prime B450m-a/csm RAM: 16gb ddr4 3200 Tforce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thunderousJ, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Windows won't boot with GPU drivers installed

Computer Type: Desktop custom build.

GPU: MSI Mech 5600 xt oc

CPU: Ryzen 2600

Motherboard: Asus Prime B450m-a/csm

RAM: 16gb ddr4 3200 Tforce ddr4gaming dark

PSU: Kratos gold p1-650w

Case: phanteks 300 with intake-outtake

Operating System & Version: Windows 10 latest version

GPU Drivers: N/A (main issue)

Chipset Drivers: latest?

Can't install drivers for GPU. I've tried new drivers, older drivers, I've tried through the AMD website for drivers, and through Asus mobo chipsets to get the drivers. I've tried with and without Adrenalin. I've DDU'ed and AMD cleanup tool each and every time.

Always the same, driver downloads gets 3/4 done, screen goes black. PC is "on" but monitor (TV) goes black and acts like PC is off.

After hard reset, PC will freeze during windows load which happens continuously until I enter safe mode and uninstall (plus DDU and AMDcleanup) drivers for 5600 xt.

submitted by /u/thunderousJ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thunderousJ, Jul 6, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Windows won't boot with GPU drivers installed

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't boot with GPU drivers installed

1. Windows won't boot with GPU drivers installed - Similar Threads - won't boot GPU

2. Problem when installing GPU driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem when installing GPU driver: So I am facing a problem installing the driver of my old GPU GT 730 2Gb Ddr3Every time the driver finish installing, I will get BSOD with error : win32k.sys and nvlddmkm.sysI tried to manually download the driver via Manufacturer site and Nvidia site but the problem still...
  3. Problem when installing GPU driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem when installing GPU driver: So I am facing a problem installing the driver of my old GPU GT 730 2Gb Ddr3Every time the driver finish installing, I will get BSOD with error : win32k.sys and nvlddmkm.sysI tried to manually download the driver via Manufacturer site and Nvidia site but the problem still...
  4. Problem when installing GPU driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. New windows driver won't install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New windows driver won't install?: Okay so I recently downloaded windows 11 right? It installed fine all the updates did as well except one. That being the new graphic AMD driver 30.0. So I downloaded it from the website and it installed fine. The thing is now every time I get an update I am worried about it...
  6. New GPU can’t instal drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New GPU can’t instal drivers: So my last gpu died. Bought a new maxsun amd rx550 and installed. Windows 10 doesn’t recognize the gpu. I can’t instal amd software as it gives me the error 184 OS isn’t supported. I reinstalled W10, same issues. I wiped the ssd with parted magic, reinstalled W10, same...
  7. Windows won't boot with NVIDIA driver enabled

Windows won't boot with NVIDIA driver enabled: As soon as the video driver gets updated from the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter 10.0.19041.1 from 21/06/2006 to a newer driver, either the NVIDIA driver Windows finds somewhere by itself, or to one of the official drivers from NVIDIA's site I've tried versions 451.77,...
  8. Windows 10 GPU Driver Installation

Windows 10 GPU Driver Installation: Hello, I just upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 1909. After the upgrade completed, I attempted to update my GPU drivers GTX 1050Ti to 445.81. The drivers failed to install and caused several BSOD issues. The error messages I have encountered are: System Thread...
  9. Drivers Won't Install

Drivers Won't Install: Windows was taking 2 hours to start up and my computer wouldn't fully shutdown without a hard shutdown, and after running an antivirus I trust it still wasn't fixed. Because of this I decided to reformat my SSD and perform a clean install of Windows 10. After installing I was...
  10. Unable to boot into Clean install with GPU Installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot into Clean install with GPU Installed: Hey Everyone I've recently tried installing windows 10 on my machine and run into a problem.So far im unable to get passed the windows boot screen with the spinning circle getting stuck or none at all.But when I either remove my gpu(980ti) from the system or boot into safe...