Windows 10: Windows wont boot with new Ram

Discus and support Windows wont boot with new Ram in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a problem- I just built a new budget gaming PC, and I've been having problems with the Ram. I first installed 1 4gb DDR4 2400 MHz stick, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by josephmccarthy24, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Windows wont boot with new Ram

I have a problem- I just built a new budget gaming PC, and I've been having problems with the Ram. I first installed 1 4gb DDR4 2400 MHz stick, and paired with an SSD and a AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, Windows worked perfectly. When I added another stick of ram, it failed to boot. Both ram sticks are Patriot memory, although different frequencies and models. My motherboard recognized both sticks, Windows didn't like the new 8gb 2666 MHz stick I had just installed. Even Linux failed to boot. So I took the 4gb one out and left the 8gb one in, and Windows worked fine. (I am typing this question on this same computer) My question is- both sticks of ram work, I've tested them. They just don't play nicely together, even though they are made by the same company, and are both DDR4, and both were detected by the motherboard. My question is- is there a way to make Windows like both sticks of Ram? Or should I just make sure that both sticks are the same exact brand, and model? Why is windows failing to boot on the two sticks?

:)

josephmccarthy24, Jul 29, 2018

2. Windows wont boot with new Ram

I have a problem- I just built a new budget gaming PC, and I've been having problems with the Ram. I first installed 1 4gb DDR4 2400 MHz stick, and paired with an SSD and a AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, Windows worked perfectly. When I added another stick of ram,
    it failed to boot. Both ram sticks are Patriot memory, although different frequencies and models. My motherboard recognized both sticks, Windows didn't like the new 8gb 2666 MHz stick I had just installed. Even Linux failed to boot. So I took the 4gb one out
    and left the 8gb one in, and Windows worked fine. (I am typing this question on this same computer) My question is- both sticks of ram work, I've tested them. They just don't play nicely together, even though they are made by the same company, and are both
    DDR4, and both were detected by the motherboard. My question is- is there a way to make Windows like both sticks of Ram? Or should I just make sure that both sticks are the same exact brand, and model? Why is windows failing to boot on the two sticks?

josephmccarthy24, Oct 1, 2018
  3. New ram but no post.

My suggestion:
    Boot with old RAM...set timings and speed compatible with new RAM..boot to Windows..shut down..
    Change RAM to new RAM
    Try that..I'd do 1 stick 1st..
    look up the spd for new RAM..set primaries + trfc+ 1333. (while running old RAM)

Schmuckley, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Windows wont boot with new Ram

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows wont boot with new Ram

1. Windows wont boot with new Ram - Similar Threads - wont boot Ram

2. Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM: Recently I wanted to replace my Corsair Vengeance, 4800mhz, Sodimm, DDR5 x2 16gb RAM sticks with the exact same sticks but x2 32gb RAM. After installing the two new RAM sticks the computer won't boot up. I press the power button, it lights up and nothing else happens. It...
  3. Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM: Recently I wanted to replace my Corsair Vengeance, 4800mhz, Sodimm, DDR5 x2 16gb RAM sticks with the exact same sticks but x2 32gb RAM. After installing the two new RAM sticks the computer won't boot up. I press the power button, it lights up and nothing else happens. It...
  4. New SSD wont boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New SSD wont boot.: I bought 1TB SSD to replace my old HDD. I use the software "Macrium Reflect" and follow youtubers tutorial. It went perfectly. I turn off my PC and remove the SATA cable in my HDD, change the bios to the new SSD and not my PC wont boot. I tried to set my old HDD as bootable...
  5. New PC wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC wont boot: New PC wont boot after setup. Ive tried all different things, created recovery usb from my laptop but still cant get it to boot. looked online and ended up doing a sfc scannow............have no idea what that means but verification is 100% complete then I get Windows...
  6. New motherboard now wont boot into windows

in Windows 10 Support
    New motherboard now wont boot into windows: Aloha everyone so this is what I have going on. fyi I built the computer myself have had it a couple years. last week I got a USB overvoltage so I replaced the MB now it wont boot to Win 10 1: I installed a new Asus z390e motherboard it posted to the bios my drive shows up as...
  7. New SSD wont boot

New SSD wont boot: I got a Kingston A400 SSD to use as the boot device along with my 1tb HDD. I plugged in only the SSD and used a usb with windows installation media to download windows onto it but no matter what it won't boot. If I leave the usb plugged in after windows installs it just...
  8. New RAM won’t boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New RAM won’t boot: I recently upgraded from 1x4gb to 2x4gb (different kits) and when i try to boot i just get a black screen. I have cleared the bios and tried different frequences. I have tried to restore windows through the advanced boot options. With one 4gb stick installed, it will boot...
  9. Cannot boot Windows with new Ram

Cannot boot Windows with new Ram: I’ve built a gaming PC and installed 4gb DDR4 2400 MHz stick, which I paired with an SSD and a AMD Ryzen 3 2200g. Everything was OK but I decided to add another stick of Ram. After that Windows ceased booting. The problem is not in the motherboard because it recognized these...
  10. Windows 10 Not Booting After New RAM Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Not Booting After New RAM Install: I recently purchased G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL for my computer. I ran a memory test with memtest86+ and my old memory had 175 errors, which is not good. So I purchased the new ram,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows dont boot new ram