Windows 10: Windows won't boot with NVIDIA driver enabled

Discus and support Windows won't boot with NVIDIA driver enabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As soon as the video driver gets updated from the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter 10.0.19041.1 from 21/06/2006 to a newer driver, either the NVIDIA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dawid Oosthuizen, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Windows won't boot with NVIDIA driver enabled

As soon as the video driver gets updated from the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter 10.0.19041.1 from 21/06/2006 to a newer driver, either the NVIDIA driver Windows finds somewhere by itself, or to one of the official drivers from NVIDIA's site I've tried versions 451.77, 446.14, and 442.92, the display goes black no BSOD, monitor completely loses signal, and a few seconds the machine restarts.

It fails to boot 3 times and goes to recovery. I can boot in safe mode and disable the GPU in device manager to boot normally, but if I then enable the device again the same occurs monitor loses signal, system restarts. Event viewer shows an Error in System log:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffff9b0fbbb62010, 0xfffff807d2e8a998, 0xffffffffc0000001, 0x0000000000000005. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: d5cbd817-be14-4d25-a1b4-2ae4c91be80b.

I can provide provide the 1.13GB MEMORY.DMP file via OneDrive if it'll help anyone.

Running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, updated to version 2004.

Motherboard is ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T latest bios, 1.10.

CPU is AMD EPYC 7232P.

RAM is 4x 16GB Samsung RDIMMs 3200MHz M393A2K40DB3-CWEBQ+.

SSD is 2TB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus.

GPU is MSI Geforce GTX1080 Gaming X 8G.

I have tried a complete reinstall of Windows. I have tried uninstalling checked yes to delete drivers of the GPU. I have tried installing the nvidia drivers in safe mode completes, but doesn't boot normally afterwards.

Have tried various bios options:
    1 VGA set to external, slot 6 GPU is in PCIE6: problem as described above.
    2 VGA set to internal: Windows does not start, BSOD indicates a VIDEO_TDR_ERROR.
    3 4G Decoding enabled or disabled seems to have no effect: same problem as above.
    4 Secure boot is disabled, but same problem when enabled.

5 CSM disabled, or enabled video as legacy or as UEFI, or custom default settings: same problem as above.

There is also an Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop installation as dual boot, and that works perfectly, with GPU enabled and graphics accelerated. GPU has also been tested in another system and works fine with no issues, so do not suspect a GPU hardware problem. I have also tried another of the exact same GPU the intention is to run both GPUs for compute applications, and I have also tried with the GPU in a different PCI slot.

:)

Dawid Oosthuizen, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Physx won't work with 3870 enabled in Windows 7!!

some people suggested running the nvidia card as the primary (booting from it), enable physx.

Then you enable the ATI on a secondary monitor, before swapping it to the primary. it should work until you restart.

Mussels, Aug 14, 2020
  3. My GTX 980ti won`t let me upgrade to Windows 10?

Still says my Nvidia GTX 980Ti won`t work with Windows 10, so I can`t upgrade!!

RichardH754, Aug 14, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Windows won't boot with NVIDIA driver enabled

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Windows won't boot with NVIDIA driver enabled

1. Windows won't boot with NVIDIA driver enabled - Similar Threads - won't boot NVIDIA

2. Windows 10 won't boot if I enable secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot if I enable secure boot: All I want to do is upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11! Been trying to get this sorted for well over 2 years now - bought the motherboard and CPU specifically so I could upgrade to Windows 11 as the previous one did not have encryption, so it's extremely frustrating to be...
  3. Windows 10 won't boot if I enable secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't boot if I enable secure boot: All I want to do is upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11! Been trying to get this sorted for well over 2 years now - bought the motherboard and CPU specifically so I could upgrade to Windows 11 as the previous one did not have encryption, so it's extremely frustrating to be...
  4. Windows 10 won't boot if I enable secure boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Nvidia game ready driver won't install

Nvidia game ready driver won't install: Yet another PC problem. The latest Nvidia Game Ready driver won't install. I keep getting the message "installation can't continue; an error occurred". Tried everything I saw online and am wondering if my RTX 2060 is just too outdated. Can someone please help me? Can I even...
  6. Nvidia game ready driver won't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia game ready driver won't install: Yet another PC problem. The latest Nvidia Game Ready driver won't install. I keep getting the message "installation can't continue; an error occurred". Tried everything I saw online and am wondering if my RTX 2060 is just too outdated. Can someone please help me? Can I even...
  7. Nvidia game ready driver won't install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Secure boot won't enable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot won't enable: When I go into BIOS settings it says in the information tab that secure boot is disabled, but when I go to the security tab, is says that secure boot is enabled. There is a game I want to play that requires secure boot to be enabled. But every time I go to BIOS to enable it,...
  9. Secure boot won't enable

Secure boot won't enable: When I go into BIOS settings it says in the information tab that secure boot is disabled, but when I go to the security tab, is says that secure boot is enabled. There is a game I want to play that requires secure boot to be enabled. But every time I go to BIOS to enable it,...
  10. Nvidia Driver Won't Reinstall, Not Compatible With Current Version of Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia Driver Won't Reinstall, Not Compatible With Current Version of Windows: I've been using a Surface Book 2 for the last few months because of school and it would be easy to work on assignments and draw on. Within the last month, whenever I disconnected the tablet from the keyboard, my nvidia geforce 1050 would not reconnect. After dealing with this...