Windows 10: Windows wont boot

Discus and support Windows wont boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone I will start by telling how it all happend. I wanted to install a new languag pack for cortana on my computer. But after restarting it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sieuwe, Jan 27, 2019.

1. sieuwe Win User

Windows wont boot

Hi everyone

I will start by telling how it all happend. I wanted to install a new languag pack for cortana on my computer. But after restarting it it would not boot. It would go to to the windows splash screen an show the spinning white dots but it will stay there forever.

I removed the ssd and plugged it into another computer and tried to boot from it. Also had the same problem. Now i plugged in the original hard drive again to use that computer again. But now that one also would not boot. It goes to the windows splash screen but after 5 seconds the white dots stop spinning and it freezes.

I have tried alot of things.

Remaking the efi boot partition.

Rebuilding efi using bcdboot command

Fixing boot with bootrec fixboot

Using easeus to fix it

Using the automatic repair options from windows

Using a windows installer usb to get into recovery and use those repair options.

A lot has changed while trying al these things. But now I have these problems.

The first pc where it all begon does the following when booting from the original ssd (dont get confused there are 2 ssd's with a broken broken windows. One from the pc with the original problem and one from the pc which broke by plugging in the other ssd):

It will show a error message with bleu background saying your pc could not start properly error code 0xc0000001

When I press enter it would try again and get to the windows splash screen but will stay at the splash screen forever with the white dots spinning.

The second pc has this:

When I try to start this pc with his original SSD( so the ssd that broke because I plugged in the other already broke ssd).

It will show the same bleu error screen as the other ssd and the same error code.

When II pres enter to try again it will go to the windows splash screen but now the white dots stop spinning after 5seconds and the pc freezes.

Both ssd's can be mounted by a working windows installation using a sata so usb conver. I can see aal my files and the windows files. So the windows installation us there it just wont boot to it.

Both ssd's have windows 10

Hope someone can help

Greetings

Sieuwe

:)

sieuwe, Jan 27, 2019

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems! - Systems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jan 27, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Windows wont boot

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows wont boot

1. Windows wont boot - Similar Threads - wont boot

2. Used PC wont Boot into Windows after BIOS screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Used PC wont Boot into Windows after BIOS screen.: Hello, I bought a Pc from friend and the motherbaord was not working so I replaced it with a ASUS H610M-A D4 motherboard and intel i5 12th gen cpu, i started the PC and was put into the BIOS screen, I pressed save and exit and there was a black screen and the mouse and...
  3. Used PC wont Boot into Windows after BIOS screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Used PC wont Boot into Windows after BIOS screen.: Hello, I bought a Pc from friend and the motherbaord was not working so I replaced it with a ASUS H610M-A D4 motherboard and intel i5 12th gen cpu, i started the PC and was put into the BIOS screen, I pressed save and exit and there was a black screen and the mouse and...
  4. Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?: So my windows 10 pc wont boot. When attempting to fix it with any of the advanced options but I need a password for what looks like my microsoft account. Somehow the password for that account is not the same for my pc. Although when i log into my microsoft account, I can see...
  5. Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?: So my windows 10 pc wont boot. When attempting to fix it with any of the advanced options but I need a password for what looks like my microsoft account. Somehow the password for that account is not the same for my pc. Although when i log into my microsoft account, I can see...
  6. Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?

7. Bootcamp i tried to extend my c drive and now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootcamp i tried to extend my c drive and now windows wont boot: I have all the bootcamp drivers installed and windows was booting just fine before tli extended the c drive btw when i try to boot just a black screen no logo no nothing Bootcamp with MPB mid 2014...
  8. Bootcamp i tried to extend my c drive and now windows wont boot

Bootcamp i tried to extend my c drive and now windows wont boot: I have all the bootcamp drivers installed and windows was booting just fine before tli extended the c drive btw when i try to boot just a black screen no logo no nothing Bootcamp with MPB mid 2014...
  9. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot: I changed my ssd from mbr to gpt in order to be able to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11. While in uefi boot mode my ssd is not showing up in boot priority and i can not boot windows. I have an asus motherboard, amd cpu and amd gpu. The ssd is a samsung 850 evo m.2...
  10. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot: I changed my ssd from mbr to gpt in order to be able to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11. While in uefi boot mode my ssd is not showing up in boot priority and i can not boot windows. I have an asus motherboard, amd cpu and amd gpu. The ssd is a samsung 850 evo m.2...