Windows 10: Windows won't detect by second display.

Discus and support Windows won't detect by second display. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have my monitor and TV connected to my GPU. In Display Settings, under Rearrange your displays I have the 2nd highlighted. Clicking the Detect button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by LAPIII, Jul 21, 2020.

1. LAPIII Win User

Windows won't detect by second display.

I have my monitor and TV connected to my GPU. In Display Settings, under Rearrange your displays I have the 2nd highlighted. Clicking the Detect button will render: Code:
    :)

LAPIII, Jul 21, 2020

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 21, 2020
  3. not detecting the second display

After Windows 10 make today the last update, he can't detect any other second monitor, display. I tried with a Philips monitor and an Asus. Any suggestion?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

LucianCheosea, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Windows won't detect by second display.

Windows will not detect second display

So I have a custom built desktop with two monitors (ultrawide 2560x1080 displayport, and 1920x1080 DVI) hooked up to an XFX Radeon GTR RX 480

Everything worked fine until I recently moved everything in my PC over to a new case. When I started my computer, the BIOS and windows logo appeared on both screens, but when it got to the login screen, my second monitor (1920x1080) lost signal and turned
    off.

What was strange was that both displays would work individually, if i had only one plugged in it worked fine. But the instant I plugged both displays in, the second monitor lost signal.

I tried all the usual troubleshooting steps:

1. Reseated graphics card and all other cables

2. Updated graphics driver, rolled back graphics driver

3. Checked radeon software on computer to see if it was a setting causing the issue

4. Cleared CMOS

5. Checked Windows display settings, no second monitor detected

Nothing worked. So I got curious, and tried a fresh install of Windows 10 on a second hard drive. And it worked! Both displays are detected on a fresh install of windows. So obviously it has nothing to do with a physical issue, but just a Windows issue.

I would prefer to keep my original install of Windows, so what else can I try on my original installation to get my second display to recognize? For some reason it won't let me do a "Reset" of Windows so that isn't an option currently.

markman641, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't detect by second display.

1. Windows won't detect by second display. - Similar Threads - won't detect second

2. Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed: I have a YOGA 920 running Windows 11. Here is the specs: Device name DESKTOP-PHBFR7H Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.84 GB usable Device ID 2C6DDC9C-8454-418B-A232-25A06FEF34DE Product ID 00325-96351-78859-AAOEM System type...
  3. Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed: I have a YOGA 920 running Windows 11. Here is the specs: Device name DESKTOP-PHBFR7H Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.84 GB usable Device ID 2C6DDC9C-8454-418B-A232-25A06FEF34DE Product ID 00325-96351-78859-AAOEM System type...
  4. Second display not detected on system restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second display not detected on system restart: I am using Surface Book 2 running windows 10 20H2 connected to HP E24 G4 monitor screen.When the laptop is restarted it does not detect the Hp screen automatically, I have to unplug it and plug it back in.The Hp screen is connected to my laptop via usb c laptop /display port...
  5. Second display not detected on system restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second display not detected on system restart: I am using Surface Book 2 running windows 10 20H2 connected to HP E24 G4 monitor screen.When the laptop is restarted it does not detect the Hp screen automatically, I have to unplug it and plug it back in.The Hp screen is connected to my laptop via usb c laptop /display port...
  6. windows 10 won't detect second monitor

windows 10 won't detect second monitor: This has been asked but the answers don't fit my situation. My old Dell computer was getting wonky so my daughter gave me her Dell XPS 13-9360. She hadn't used it for a long time, so I updated Windows 10 64 bit --it took forever but it tells me now it is completely up to...
  7. Windows 10 no longer DETECTs the second display.

Windows 10 no longer DETECTs the second display.: Windows 10 no longer DETECTs the second monitor on my surface pro. It used to detect the Dell S2440L, but I moved locations and set the second monitor up again after it being disconnected for -1- month. It no longer detects the second monitor. Also, the driver is not...
  8. Windows will not detect second display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows will not detect second display: So I have a custom built desktop with two monitors (ultrawide 2560x1080 displayport, and 1920x1080 DVI) hooked up to an XFX Radeon GTR RX 480 Everything worked fine until I recently moved everything in my PC over to a new case. When I started my computer, the BIOS and...
  9. Windows won't detect display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows won't detect display: So I recently recently reset windows and after I did my second display stopped working. I am using a HDMI to vga adapter on the monitor that has stopped working. I tested the adapter on another monitor and it worked. I reseated the graphics card, I restarted several times...
  10. Windows 10 won't detect second display on DVI, but Ubuntu will

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 won't detect second display on DVI, but Ubuntu will: I am having an issue with my dual-monitor setup in Windows 10. I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650. My dual-monitor setup was working fine, until the computer complained it was overheating. I blew out the CPU and GPU heatsinks with compressed air. Now it will not detect my DVI...