Windows 10: Windows won't detect my monitor

Discus and support Windows won't detect my monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use my laptop connected to an external monitor. Today I got home, plugged in my laptop to find that it wouldn't detect my external monitor. I've no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AGuy116, Mar 18, 2019.

1. AGuy116 Win User

Windows won't detect my monitor

I use my laptop connected to an external monitor. Today I got home, plugged in my laptop to find that it wouldn't detect my external monitor. I've no idea why this is happening as 2 days ago it was working fine, same cable and everything. I use a HDMI switcher but plugging directly into my monitor still doesn't work. My Xbox One and Nintendo Switch both work fine so I believe this is software related. I have already tried updating, rolling back and reinstalling my drivers but that hasn't helped.

Appreciate any help

Thanks!

:)

AGuy116, Mar 18, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Grgr_595 Win User
    Windows 10 Not Detecting 2nd Monitor

this recommendation is useless. I followed every step and the troubleshooter said no problems detected. When I had Windows 8.1 I was able to simply plug in my monitor (HannsG 28") via micro HDMI port and it was able to detect it. But Windows 10 does not detect
    my second monitor. The system just does not see it.

Grgr_595, Mar 18, 2019
  4. damtachoa Win User

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows won't detect my monitor - Similar Threads - won't detect monitor

2. Why won't my PC detect LG external monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my PC detect LG external monitor?: I have an LG 27md5kl external monitor. It has one thunderbolt port and three usb-c ports. When I use the provided thunderbolt cable with my ASUS Q539ZD the monitor doesn't turn on and instead only slow charges my computer. It doesn't detect any monitor in my display settings....
  3. Why won't my PC detect LG external monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my PC detect LG external monitor?: I have an LG 27md5kl external monitor. It has one thunderbolt port and three usb-c ports. When I use the provided thunderbolt cable with my ASUS Q539ZD the monitor doesn't turn on and instead only slow charges my computer. It doesn't detect any monitor in my display settings....
  4. ASUS WON'T DETECT DISPLAY ON PORTABLE MONITORS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS WON'T DETECT DISPLAY ON PORTABLE MONITORS: My portable monitors won't detect anymore. I tried 3 portable monitors, and it keeps on saying no signal. I tried to connect it using different Type C chords and still won't work. Can someone please help me?...
  5. Laptop won't detect second monitor Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't detect second monitor Windows 11: Hi,I have an asus va24dq monitor and a lenovo yoga 730 laptop and had no problems for about 6 months but then suddenly my laptop won't detect my monitor. I have checked the HDMI cable and bought multiple new ones, checked that my laptop connects to other screens like my TV...
  6. Laptop won't detect second monitor Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't detect second monitor Windows 11: Hi,I have an asus va24dq monitor and a lenovo yoga 730 laptop and had no problems for about 6 months but then suddenly my laptop won't detect my monitor. I have checked the HDMI cable and bought multiple new ones, checked that my laptop connects to other screens like my TV...
  7. Second monitor detected but won't connect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor detected but won't connect.: Hello, it's just as the title says. I recently updated Windows, and Nvidia, and now my second monitor is detected, but it will not connect. I have rolled back on both Windows, and Nvidia updates to no avail. I have tested the cable, and the monitor to make sure they weren't...
  8. windows 10 won't detect second monitor

windows 10 won't detect second monitor: This has been asked but the answers don't fit my situation. My old Dell computer was getting wonky so my daughter gave me her Dell XPS 13-9360. She hadn't used it for a long time, so I updated Windows 10 64 bit --it took forever but it tells me now it is completely up to...
  9. BIOS update won't detect monitor

BIOS update won't detect monitor: Hello all, Recently, had to perform a BIOS update and update to windows 10 pro. After doing so, went to connect hp spectre to my lg monitor usual set-up only for no signal/connection. Already, tried updating, uninstalling and reinstalling driver and monitor display...
  10. PC won't detect second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC won't detect second monitor: I found a PC monitor in my basement, but when i tried to connect it to my PC, it could not be detected. HELP!!! 45330

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont detect monitor

2. windowwont deect monitor

3. windows wont detect a monitor