Windows 10: Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously.

Discus and support Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently got a 4k HDR tv (Samsung UE43NU7100). I connect my PC with a normal HD monitor and the 4k HDR tv. When turning on HDR on my tv the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zafatta, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Zafatta Win User

Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously.

I recently got a 4k HDR tv (Samsung UE43NU7100). I connect my PC with a normal HD monitor and the 4k HDR tv. When turning on HDR on my tv the resolution of the 4k tv (3840x2160) gets set back to normal HD (1920x1080) in windows settings. Windows is completely updated, my AMD Radeon R9 390 8gb graphics card is up to date and supports and displays in 4k when HDR is off. My Xbox one X displays both 4k and HDR perfectly simultaneously. I use a high speed HDMI 2.0 cable. I have no idea why my pc does this and cant find anything about windows not being able to do 4k and HDR at the same time. It also doesn't work if I only connect the tv instead of the monitor and tv. Any suggestion?

:)

Zafatta, Nov 28, 2018
  2. ROBERT530 Win User

how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd hdr 2160p monitors or 4k uhd hdr nvidia geforce gpu

how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd hdr 2160p monitors or 4k uhd hdr nvidia geforce gpu

according to the internet windows 10 is suppose to feature uhd hdr in 4k.. windows has never been able to project a desktop display equal to 4k uhd

i have all these COOL TOYS but have NO IDEA how to WORK it ??..

i have a 82" samsung 4k uhd hdr 2160P TV as a computer monitor/ tv / gaming in 4k.. cannot get windows 10 pro ver 1803 to play view gaming movies

stream in 4k. i can watch 4k music videos 4k movies in hdr . i seem to be very UN knowledgeable about how to get all these COOL TOYS to work

like being able to project 4k uhd hdr on a windows desktop. any GEEKS who want to share insider knowledge on how to do this.

samsung 82" samsung 4k uhd hdr 2160P TV

intel I7-7820X

GIGABYTE X299 UD4 REV 1.0 BIOS F4

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1080TI 8GB

CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER ZX

CORSAIR VENGENANCE 32GB RGB 2133 DDR4

WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 7200RPM

WESTERN DIGITAL 4TB

WESTERN DIGITAL 8TB

WESTERN DIGITAL 8TB

WESTERN DIGITAL 8TB

ROBERT530, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 on Sony XD800 4k HDR are missing setting HDR on/off

Hi Rolando,

I checked link and followed the steps, but it not troubleshooting my issue.

I will explain. My issue not link with resoluton and color view, with this all right.

My issue is are missing hdr on\off button in display settings.

I use Radeon R9 280x supported HDR video card (dxdiag) and Sony XD800 supported 4k and HDR, but Windows are missing key AdvancedColorSupported in param Monitor Advanced Color Capabilities in dxdiag log. I think trouble around this.

Lex Arsitov, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously.

HDR and WCG will not turn on for 4k 60hz, only 30hz.

Hi there,

I have a gtx 1080ti and a Sony x900e tv. Both support HDR10. However if I set the the refresh rate to 4k @ 60hz via the Nvidia Control Panel Windows 10 won't enable HDR.

If I set it to 30hz, Windows 10 will enable HDR.

My TV is confirmed to be compatible at 4k 60hz HDR while Enhanced Format is enabled.

my set up is 3 monitors (2 24" samsung monitors, and 1 Sony tv which is the main display).

It does work at 1080p @ 60hz for HDR though.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

UmeedMalik, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously.

1. Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously. - Similar Threads - wont display HDR

2. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  3. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  4. Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter issue with HDR monitor

Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter issue with HDR monitor: Hi,I have a Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adaptor, which I was looking to use with my laptop and monitor ViewSonic XG3220Unfortunately when I cast using it to my monitor, the picture is incredibly washed out, as if it's sending the wrong type of signal. I'm not trying to cast...
  5. Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter issue with HDR monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter issue with HDR monitor: Hi,I have a Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adaptor, which I was looking to use with my laptop and monitor ViewSonic XG3220Unfortunately when I cast using it to my monitor, the picture is incredibly washed out, as if it's sending the wrong type of signal. I'm not trying to cast...
  6. 4k montior with hdr

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4k montior with hdr: I'm looking at getting a 4k montior, possibly with hdr. When I read about hdr it always talks about brightness and how that plays a critical role. My question is if I don't typically have it too bright does that limit what hdr will do for me? The main reason for it is to play...
  7. BUG in Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k switching to HDR with no HDR support from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BUG in Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k switching to HDR with no HDR support from...: HiI have big problem with Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k. It sends HDR signal to my BENQ ew3270u Monitor. The scree is so bright that I barely see on it anything. And because of that, the HDR signal I cannot change brightness from my monitor's menu. I can't change this...
  8. BUG in Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k switching to HDR with no HDR support from...

BUG in Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k switching to HDR with no HDR support from...: HiI have big problem with Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k. It sends HDR signal to my BENQ ew3270u Monitor. The scree is so bright that I barely see on it anything. And because of that, the HDR signal I cannot change brightness from my monitor's menu. I can't change this...
  9. BUG in Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k switching to HDR with no HDR support from...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. 4k montior with hdr

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4k montior with hdr: I'm looking at getting a 4k montior, possibly with hdr. When I read about hdr it always talks about brightness and how that plays a critical role. My question is if I don't typically have it too bright does that limit what hdr will do for me? The main reason for it is to play...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont display in 4k

2. windows doesnt recognize monitor as hdr

3. window 10 pro wont reconize 4tb hd

4. my samsung 4k monitor wont display hdr,
  5. windows doesnt recognize my hdr display as hdr,
  6. My 4K TV wont display HDR content,
  7. windows wont display hdr