Windows 10: Windows won't download updates?

Discus and support Windows won't download updates? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop won't download Windows updates. It just sits at 0% downloading on all 5 it's trying to download. I've tried running SFC and it came back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PortentTortoise, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Windows won't download updates?

My laptop won't download Windows updates. It just sits at 0% downloading on all 5 it's trying to download.

I've tried running SFC and it came back fine.

I have tried to install 1 of the 5 updates (KB5000802) manually and absolutely nothing changed on restart, it still showed the same updates at 0%...

There was another update I was going to try to install manually (KB4023057) but I can't on my version of windows (20H2).

I was going to try to revert back to 2004 or earlier, but I cannot uninstall 20H2.

I have also tried doing net stop wuauserv, net stop bits, and deleting the software distribution stuff and restarting the services to no avail.

I can't really wipe and do a reinstall so now I'm at a loss

My build is 19042.867

submitted by /u/PortentTortoise
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PortentTortoise, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows won't download updates?

1. Windows won't download updates? - Similar Threads - won't download updates

2. Windows updates won't download/install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates won't download/install: For the past while, none of my windows updates have been able to install, they keep giving me error codes that include:0x800705b40x80d020020x80070003I keep trying to download updates but they are just stuck at 0 percent.I've ran the troubleshooter, it says it fixed something...
  3. Windows updates won't download/install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates won't download/install: For the past while, none of my windows updates have been able to install, they keep giving me error codes that include:0x800705b40x80d020020x80070003I keep trying to download updates but they are just stuck at 0 percent.I've ran the troubleshooter, it says it fixed something...
  4. Windows won't download update 0xc1900101

Windows won't download update 0xc1900101: So I noticed about a week ago that I had a Windows update. I proceeded to download it, only to have it take a whole 15 min to restart my computer. Upon the restart, I was hit with a black screen after loading the spinning dots sorry I'm not tech literate. I could see my mouse...
  5. Windows 10 Updates Won't Download.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates Won't Download.: So I use a program called Netguard to block unwanted programs from accessing the internet. And By default I have it to block any newly installed programs trying to access the internet. I have the windows update service wuauserv to be allowed to access the internet and it...
  6. Windows 10 Updates Won't Download.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Updates Won't Download.: So I use a program called Netguard to block unwanted programs from accessing the internet. And By default I have it to block any newly installed programs trying to access the internet. I have the windows update service wuauserv to be allowed to access the internet and it...
  7. Windows 11 update won't download

Windows 11 update won't download: When I hit the download and install button, the download progress of windows 11 remain in 0%, it do not download anything. I try the troubleshooter but it do not find any problem. How to solve this problem?...
  8. Windows 11 update won't download

Windows 11 update won't download: When I hit the download and install button, the download progress of windows 11 remain in 0%, it do not download anything. I try the troubleshooter but it do not find any problem. How to solve this problem?...
  9. Windows Won't Update or download apps

Windows Won't Update or download apps: I have tried every fix online. Nothing helps. My memory is also always stuck at 100%. I've tried all the online fixes for that as well. I even had someone reinstall windows 10 remotely and nothing ever changes. The last update was in January. Since then there is nothing but...
  10. Windows Update won't download available updates!!!

Windows Update won't download available updates!!!: Windows updates aren't downloading though I have restarted my pc, ran windows update troubleshooter and there is no issue with net connectivity but still the updates aren't installing and it has stuck now. [ATTACH]...