Windows 10: Windows wont dual boot after updating dell support assist os recovery.

Discus and support Windows wont dual boot after updating dell support assist os recovery. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i just recently installed Ubuntu in my dell inspiron 3593 alongside windows 10.everything was working fine except the fact that i was getting 'c drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nachiket4657, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Windows wont dual boot after updating dell support assist os recovery.

i just recently installed Ubuntu in my dell inspiron 3593 alongside windows 10.everything was working fine except the fact that i was getting 'c drive error' messages every time i booted in windows 10, so in order to fix that i went into support assist OS recovery by pressing f12 at boot and used the 'repair this PC option' before doing this i also used the sfc scan option and it fixed some corrupted files but i kept getting this error,i also used the chkdsk command but it was unable to fix the error after the PC repair finished i clicked on the update option located at the top of that window and since the update finished i am unable to boot into windows 10.what shall i do?

system info: i have windows 10 installed in a nvme ssd and ubuntu in a different hardisk on the same machine

:)

nachiket4657, Jan 11, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

windows store corrupted dell support assistant

FWIW we see a lot of users with problems caused by support assistant on the Dell forums and in particular BIOS and driver updates. We advise them to manually download and install any updates, especially BIOS updates as several have wound up with bricked PC's after support assistant BIOS update. Fortunately new (and some newer) Dell PC's now have BIOS recovery options. Older Dell's did not and a failed/corrupt BIOS update and the only option was to replace the motherboard.

fireberd, Jan 11, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Dell Support Assist not wanted but needed?

I do some user support on the Dell forums. Support Assist isn't needed. You can manually access the Dell downloads, specific to your PC, by using your Service Tag. This will list all downloads based on the configuration as shipped. BIOS updates are critical to only do them manually, IF NEEDED, as we have seen Support Assist BIOS corruptions (not all but some).

Its up to you with McAfee, that was one of the first things I uninstalled on my Inspiron 15 5577 model. I don't use that bloatware and use the built in Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.

Dell support (downloads)

fireberd, Jan 11, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows wont dual boot after updating dell support assist os recovery.

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows wont dual boot after updating dell support assist os recovery.

1. Windows wont dual boot after updating dell support assist os recovery. - Similar Threads - wont dual boot

2. dell support assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dell support assist: I have the newest and latest version of support assist. when i try to run the hardware scan it keeps failing say exc command failed. Del has been trying to resolve this issue for weeks now. The tried today and said it is a dll error. and that i have to re install the...
  3. dell support assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dell support assist: I have the newest and latest version of support assist. when i try to run the hardware scan it keeps failing say exc command failed. Del has been trying to resolve this issue for weeks now. The tried today and said it is a dll error. and that i have to re install the...
  4. dell support assist

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Support Assist Recovery Assistant - "Dell Update Not Installed"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Support Assist Recovery Assistant - "Dell Update Not Installed": Recently I had to reset my computer, and now I've gotten to file recovery, but when it gets to the "check for updates" section it says "dell update not installed", but there are no updates available and I've run the update trouble shooter. I just really need my files back and...
  6. Windows 10 wont dual boot after updating dell support assist os recovery.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 wont dual boot after updating dell support assist os recovery.: i just recently installed Ubuntu in my dell inspiron 3593 alongside windows 10.everything was working fine except the fact that i was getting 'c drive error' messages every time i booted in windows 10, so in order to fix that i went into support assist OS recovery by pressing...
  7. Dells Support Assist?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dells Support Assist?: This display is now on the bottom of my Dell Desk Top. If I click on it a box comes up. I "X" it out and it comes back. I notice also that my screen no longer turns off if not in use after 15 minutes. It stays on all the time. What is this???...
  8. Support Assist Dell

Support Assist Dell: Every time I try to run Support Assist on my laptop, an error code occurs. BAD POOL CALLER. Can I simply remove this program? Do I really need it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/support-assist-dell/b26fb1d5-fc84-4eec-9e4c-3055a60f67ef
  9. Dell Support Assist

Dell Support Assist: Dell Support Assist program does not work on Windows 10. My laptop is on the Windows Insider Program running Build 190921-1704. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-support-assist/506f837a-e9c6-4929-9490-b1140f6cc47c
  10. Dell support assistant

Dell support assistant: I am trying to scan computer using Dell support assistant, and it will do everything but scan hardware. I can update drivers and everything else, but scan hardware. I have tried rebooting several times then running support assistant, but still nothing The contract expired 3...