Windows 10: Windows won't install on SSD with HP Pavillion G7

Discus and support Windows won't install on SSD with HP Pavillion G7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have an HP Pavillion G7 that came with Windows 8. I upgraded to windows 10 on the HDD that came with the laptop and had no issues. Recently I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rafale Z96, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Windows won't install on SSD with HP Pavillion G7

Hi

I have an HP Pavillion G7 that came with Windows 8. I upgraded to windows 10 on the HDD that came with the laptop and had no issues.

Recently I purchased an SSD for my windows installation. I've downloaded Windows 10 using the official media creation tool and had it complete. However upon trying to boot into my new Windows from the SSD I receive the following error:

Windows won't install on SSD with HP Pavillion G7 e23dd1be-502e-4a77-bb43-87384a693f60?upload=true.jpg

I've tried installing Windows 8 as well thinking maybe it had something to do with the newer OS but still had the same issue.

Can anyone guide me on how to resolve this? I've tried installing Windows 10 multiple times with new USB's but the exact same error occurs. The windows from my HDD still works perfectly.

:)

Rafale Z96, Nov 22, 2019
  2. JackieD_7 Win User

HP Pavillion g7, No media played by DVD/CD drive; HP GT80N

I've spent hours working through all the suggestions in the forums:

Checked the driver status - up-to-date. Device is working properly per device manager

I uninstalled the drive and rebooted. Nothing changed

Edited the registry atapi>new>Controller0>new>Dword 32> EnumDevice1>1 (hexadecimal)

Nothing is changed.

Performed Clean Boot procedure.

No change in the situation.

I can see the DVD/CD drive as E: in the right pane when Explorer has This PC highlighted. E: drive is not seen in the general list of Explorer after C: drive.

The driver details in Device Manager are: 10.0.16299.15 Version, Driver Date: 6/21/2006

The laptop is a HP Pavillion g7 the dvd drive is a GT80N

I have Windows 10 Home, version 1709 build 16299.125

JackieD_7, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Win 10 Sleep functions doesn't work properly on HP Pavillion g7

Using Win 10 on my HP Pavillion g7, I can use 'Sleep', but it doesn't 'wake up' properly. I get a very, very dark screen version of the desktop, instead of the 'usual' desktop. I have to go through a full reset. What's up with this, and is there a workaround?

Roger Lignugaris, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

Windows won't install on SSD with HP Pavillion G7

HP Pavilion G7 Laptop Problem

Okay so the install worked now to find Drivers for Windows 7 as HP does not support W7 for the G7 -2320dx

Jetster, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows won't install on SSD with HP Pavillion G7

1. Windows won't install on SSD with HP Pavillion G7 - Similar Threads - won't install SSD

2. hp pavillion camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp pavillion camera: How do I get the camera on my all in one touch screen desk top to pop up? do I have to manually pull it up? I saw a video where you push it down and it pops up on its own, but mine doesn't do that. It only comes up if I pull it up manually. I just want to make sure that it...
  3. hp pavillion camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp pavillion camera: How do I get the camera on my all in one touch screen desk top to pop up? do I have to manually pull it up? I saw a video where you push it down and it pops up on its own, but mine doesn't do that. It only comes up if I pull it up manually. I just want to make sure that it...
  4. HP Pavillion Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavillion Battery: I have a HP pavilion x360, and I noticed that every time when I don't use my computer, and when I leave it on the charger the battery goes from 100% to either 92% or 94%. How come it does this? Is it normal?...
  5. HP Pavillion Battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavillion Battery: I have a HP pavilion x360, and I noticed that every time when I don't use my computer, and when I leave it on the charger the battery goes from 100% to either 92% or 94%. How come it does this? Is it normal?...
  6. HP Pavillion laptop won't boot...

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Pavillion laptop won't boot...: My grand-daughter has a HP Pavillion laptop which she brought over this morning as it is showing Recovery. It looks as if Windows has not loaded correctly. It then gives a choice of Restart my PC or See Advanced Repair Options. Ive had a quick look through these and tried the...
  7. SSD Upgrade Question regarding HP 255 G7 Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Upgrade Question regarding HP 255 G7 Laptop: I am getting ready to upgrade my standard 128 GB SSD that is in my HP 255 G7 Laptop to a 500 GB SSD from Crucial. Right now, it has a SAMSUNG MZNLN128HAHQ-000H1 128 GB SSD in it from the factory. From what I have seen online, these are M.2 Type SSD's. Can anyone confirm for...
  8. SSD Upgrade Question regarding HP 255 G7 Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD Upgrade Question regarding HP 255 G7 Laptop: I am getting ready to upgrade my standard 128 GB SSD that is in my HP 255 G7 Laptop to a 500 GB SSD from Crucial. Right now, it has a SAMSUNG MZNLN128HAHQ-000H1 128 GB SSD in it from the factory. From what I have seen online, these are M.2 Type SSD's. Can anyone confirm for...
  9. Reset HP Pavillion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset HP Pavillion: I am trying to sell my computer so i am trying to factory reset the pc. Everytime i try and reset the pc it leaves me with the message “there was a problem resetting your pc. No changes were made.” I dont know why it wont let me reset it and i need to reset it to wipe my...
  10. HP Pavillion Troubles

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Pavillion Troubles: Last night my laptop worked perfectly fine. I turned it on when I arrived at home today only to have the Start menu not work, Cortona doesn't work either, my pins to taskbar do not show, as well as the right hand icons (sound, network, etc.) Any suggestions?...