Windows 10: Windows wont let app run or load new program exe

Discus and support Windows wont let app run or load new program exe in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason Windows 10 has blocked an app I have been using for years. Windows 10 security lists it as a potentially unwanted app. When I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by crescere, May 4, 2021.

1. crescere Win User

Windows wont let app run or load new program exe

For some reason Windows 10 has blocked an app I have been using for years. Windows 10 security lists it as a potentially unwanted app. When I click Actions it only allows Remove or Quarantine. I do not want to do either. Where is the option to ALLOW? The exe file to install the program even has a little windows defender shield on it now so it will not let the app reinstall the program! How do I get Windows 10 to allow it? I have gone into Potentially unwanted app blocking and turned it off, but nothing works. Ive turned controlled folder access off too. Windows 10 version 2004 (OS build 19041.928) Thanks to anyone who can help with this frustrating problem.

:)

crescere, May 4, 2021
  2. Berton Win User

I inadvertently clicked the Torrent item in this image the other day and the download got blocked as one of the sites Torrent was working with had an issue. No problem with the direct download.

Windows wont let app run or load new program exe [​IMG]

Berton, May 4, 2021
  3. crescere Win User

For some reason Windows 10 has blocked an app I have been using for years. Windows 10 security lists it as a potentially unwanted app. When I click “Actions” it only allows “Remove” or “Quarantine”. I do not want to do either. Where is the option to ALLOW? The exe file to install the program even has a little windows defender shield on it now so it will not let the app reinstall the program! How do I get Windows 10 to allow it? I have gone into Potentially unwanted app blocking and turned it off, but nothing works. I’ve turned controlled folder access off too.

Windows 10 version 2004 (OS build 19041.928)

Thanks to anyone who can help with this frustrating problem.

crescere, May 4, 2021
  4. crescere Win User

I Googled this problem and I saw someone suggest I right-click on the exe file and click "Troubleshoot Compatability" which I did. Somehow that made the exe file install utorrent. So far utorrent works fine. However, I still have those little windows security shields over the exe file. Not sure why.

crescere, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows wont let app run or load new program exe - Similar Threads - wont let app

2. "let apps run in the background" setting wont turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "let apps run in the background" setting wont turn on: as shown in the picture, the let apps run in the background setting wont turn on and is greyed out, my laptop is a personal laptop and is not connected to/ affiliated with any organisation so it shouldnt be that, how do i turn this setting on?...
  3. "let apps run in the background" setting wont turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "let apps run in the background" setting wont turn on: as shown in the picture, the let apps run in the background setting wont turn on and is greyed out, my laptop is a personal laptop and is not connected to/ affiliated with any organisation so it shouldnt be that, how do i turn this setting on?...
  4. "let apps run in the background" setting wont turn on

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. app wont load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app wont load: hi i just got a used laptop and i was trying to go to the mircosoft store but app wont load the loading circle just keeps spinning ...help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-wont-load/32b04141-4c37-447b-b664-efc78d02442b
  6. app wont load

app wont load: hi i just got a used laptop and i was trying to go to the mircosoft store but app wont load the loading circle just keeps spinning ...help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-wont-load/32b04141-4c37-447b-b664-efc78d02442b
  7. latest windows 10 update will not let my .exe program run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest windows 10 update will not let my .exe program run: I have a Creator.exe program that has been successfully running on Windows 10. I have Windows Security set to allow this app through Controlled Access folder. After the latest Windows update, when trying to run the .exe, I get a red box stating that "This app has been...
  8. .exe file wont run

.exe file wont run: So I'm trying to open a .exe file but all it does is show the blue loading circle and it doesn't do anything. The file wont open and when I try to download the file again it wont open. I'm currently running a windows 10. Can anyone help? 61193
  9. new apps wont load

new apps wont load: since i upgraded from 7 to 10 all worked fine to start until i signed in with my MS account which i have changed my security from email to phone. this wont be active till 22/09/15. now it is has if all 10 apps have been disabled but all my apps from 7 except a second email...
  10. The .exe wont run Please help

The .exe wont run Please help: Hi, Ok have a problem with .exe errors no software will open. eg. taskmanger wont open cmd wont open. i have tried everything. its like the .exe is turned off. And i cant fix it because i cant get to powershell or cmd to run commands. Bexuase i have a problem with .exe i...