Windows 10: windows won't let me change default format audio for my mic

Discus and support windows won't let me change default format audio for my mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My new microphone's default format is set to 16 bit 44100. I need to change it to studio quality, but as soon as I close the window of the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oddguyoddguy, Dec 6, 2019.

1. windows won't let me change default format audio for my mic

My new microphone's default format is set to 16 bit 44100. I need to change it to studio quality, but as soon as I close the window of the sound options is changes back.

any way to fix this?

:)

oddguyoddguy, Dec 6, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Mic issue with Realtek

Hi,

I would suggest you to first check if the MIC is set as the default device. Right click on the volume bar in the notification area and then click on 'recording' devices. In the recording tab, right click in the MIC and click 'Set as Default' and then check. If
    the issue still persists, I would suggest run the Audio troubleshooter and check. Press Windows key +X and then click on 'Control panel'. Click on 'Troubleshooting' and then click on the 'Audio troubleshooter' Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Dec 6, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

windows won't let me change default format audio for my mic

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

windows won't let me change default format audio for my mic [​IMG]

zbook, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

windows won't let me change default format audio for my mic

1. windows won't let me change default format audio for my mic - Similar Threads - won't let change

2. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  3. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  4. Windows 11, won't let me change the hour format to 12 hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, won't let me change the hour format to 12 hours.: I've read and watched all kind of yt videos to try to figure this out. But nothing is working. If you can see, the option is not available for me. Does anyone have any advice?...
  5. Windows 11, won't let me change the hour format to 12 hours.

Windows 11, won't let me change the hour format to 12 hours.: I've read and watched all kind of yt videos to try to figure this out. But nothing is working. If you can see, the option is not available for me. Does anyone have any advice?...
  6. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password: Im unable to sign in because of this issue. It says "The User's password must be changed before signing in" but the problem is that I didnt have any passwords before, this is the first logging in after downloading Windows on this computer so I left "Password" field empty and...
  7. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password: Im unable to sign in because of this issue. It says "The User's password must be changed before signing in" but the problem is that I didnt have any passwords before, this is the first logging in after downloading Windows on this computer so I left "Password" field empty and...
  8. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. An unannounced update or upgrade changed my defaults and won't let me change them back

in Windows 10 Customization
    An unannounced update or upgrade changed my defaults and won't let me change them back: I came home from work the other day and my laptop had rebooted after an apparent update or upgrade - not sure which, but usually it asks first - this time it just did it while I wasn't watching. Now my laptop is like a war zone to me. I use Chrome, and thankfully that default...
  10. Change Default Audio Format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Audio Format: I currently have a Denon AVR paired up with Windows. Due to the AVR's surround sound upmixing, I need to change the windows "speaker setup" to stereo if I want upmixing on stereo content and 5.1 when in games with surround sound. Every time I switch from stereo to 5.1 and...