Windows 10: windows wont let me change my wallpaper, it keeps going back to a solid black color,

Discus and support windows wont let me change my wallpaper, it keeps going back to a solid black color, in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; and also windows settings are really slow and laggy submitted by /u/Malik-_- [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Malik-_-, Oct 1, 2020.

1. windows wont let me change my wallpaper, it keeps going back to a solid black color,

and also windows settings are really slow and laggy

submitted by /u/Malik-_-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Malik-_-, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Anubis23 Win User

Desktop Black Wallpaper Won't Change (Windows 10)

This same thing has happened to me, except I can change my theme and the accent colors around windows, taskbar, tiles, and smart menu also changes to reflect the theme and the desktop picture color, however for me, my actual wallpaper is not when I assigned
    it, it is black. I can change to different themes fine, but the wallpaper does not change, I can assigned wallpapers manual via "set as wallpaper" but my desktop wallpaper does not change at all.... it remains black, I can swap to solid colors from the background
    menu, but when I change to picture for a wallpaper it is black and no wallpaper is display, just black.

ALSO: I did a clean re-install hoping it would fix it, but no, it is not fixed which is breaking my mind..... A full reformat, re-install of windows 10 and the problem is persistent from the beginning? is this a Microsoft account error problem of some sort??

Anubis23, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 1, 2020
  4. windows wont let me change my wallpaper, it keeps going back to a solid black color,

Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

windows wont let me change my wallpaper, it keeps going back to a solid black color,

1. windows wont let me change my wallpaper, it keeps going back to a solid black color, - Similar Threads - wont let change

2. Windows Wallpaper Keeps Going Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Wallpaper Keeps Going Black: Whenever I start up my desktop my wallpaper immediately goes black, I have researched many solutions and none of them seem to work. The only thing that I have found to help was to restart Windows Explorer in task manager but that only temporarily fixes it....
  3. Why my laptop wallpaper background picture changes to solid color black automatically in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop wallpaper background picture changes to solid color black automatically in...: After update to windows 11 22h2 from 21h2 it change to solid color black automatically from original wallpaper picture I set before update to 22h2....
  4. Why my laptop wallpaper background picture changes to solid color black automatically in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my laptop wallpaper background picture changes to solid color black automatically in...: After update to windows 11 22h2 from 21h2 it change to solid color black automatically from original wallpaper picture I set before update to 22h2....
  5. windows wont let me change my language back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows wont let me change my language back: any time I try to type the question mark symbol im met with an É. i have gone through and changed everything from my language settings to even my region to the united states and still im met with an É. Ive tried the language bar but that wont show up and anytime I try to set...
  6. windows wont let me change my language back

windows wont let me change my language back: any time I try to type the question mark symbol im met with an É. i have gone through and changed everything from my language settings to even my region to the united states and still im met with an É. Ive tried the language bar but that wont show up and anytime I try to set...
  7. Desktop wallpaper instantly changes itself to the Black solid color after trying to change...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop wallpaper instantly changes itself to the Black solid color after trying to change...: As soon I try to change my wallpaper to anything else then Solid Color it just instantly changes back to Solid Color.I already tried few solutions like deleting the TeanscodedWallpaper file, uncheck 'Remove background images where available' option in Ease of Access Centre....
  8. Desktop wallpaper instantly changes itself to the Black solid color after trying to change...

Desktop wallpaper instantly changes itself to the Black solid color after trying to change...: As soon I try to change my wallpaper to anything else then Solid Color it just instantly changes back to Solid Color.I already tried few solutions like deleting the TeanscodedWallpaper file, uncheck 'Remove background images where available' option in Ease of Access Centre....
  9. Desktop wallpaper changes itself to the Black solid color. [Windows 10]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop wallpaper changes itself to the Black solid color. [Windows 10]: Sorry for my english Hello! Recently I noticed that my desktop wallpaper changes itself to black marked as Windows 10 solid color Black wallpaper. First I thought it was a problem with my last wallpaper, which I had for months, so I changed it. After a few hours using my...
  10. Windows 10 will keep solid color desktop but not wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 will keep solid color desktop but not wallpaper: I'm new to this forum so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. Whenever I choose and save the desktop wallpaper and restart my computer the desktop reverts to a solid color. If I choose only a different solid color desktop the setting are kept after I restart. I have tried...