Windows 10: Windows won't let me change the language

Discus and support Windows won't let me change the language in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i added romanian as a language bc i needed the keyboard layout and windows changed the system language to romanian despite it being at the bottom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dogri_0, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Windows won't let me change the language

So i added romanian as a language bc i needed the keyboard layout and windows changed the system language to romanian despite it being at the bottom and won't let me change it back to english and it says "will be the display language after the next connection" (translated from romanian). Help!

submitted by /u/Dogri_0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dogri_0, Feb 15, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Feb 15, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

Windows won't let me change the language [​IMG]

zbook, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Windows won't let me change the language

unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't let me change the language

1. Windows won't let me change the language - Similar Threads - won't let change

2. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  3. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  4. It won't let me change the time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me change the time zone: Yesterday I reinstalled windows and everything is perfect, except for the fact that it does not allow me to change the time zone in the settings or in the control panel. In the settings I see the option in gray as disabled and I can not change it to have my time zone. I hope...
  5. It won't let me change the time zone

It won't let me change the time zone: Yesterday I reinstalled windows and everything is perfect, except for the fact that it does not allow me to change the time zone in the settings or in the control panel. In the settings I see the option in gray as disabled and I can not change it to have my time zone. I hope...
  6. windows wont let me change my language back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows wont let me change my language back: any time I try to type the question mark symbol im met with an É. i have gone through and changed everything from my language settings to even my region to the united states and still im met with an É. Ive tried the language bar but that wont show up and anytime I try to set...
  7. windows wont let me change my language back

windows wont let me change my language back: any time I try to type the question mark symbol im met with an É. i have gone through and changed everything from my language settings to even my region to the united states and still im met with an É. Ive tried the language bar but that wont show up and anytime I try to set...
  8. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  9. S-Mode & Won't Let Me Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    S-Mode & Won't Let Me Change: I have a valid Windows 10 program, purchased a couple of years ago, not shared with anyone. My computer froze multiple times yesterday while trying to reboot. I tried re-setting to the previous day's reset point when it was working just fine, but nothing. The only way to get...
  10. Windows won't let me change any settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't let me change any settings: My MMOs won't load, causing auto reboots. In attempting to fix problem (still an issue) the fixes required modifying various settings. Windows won't let me change any settings. I navigate, click on the setting I want, click "ok" or "apply" and leave the screen. I can go right...