Windows 10: Windows won't let me delete a file

Discus and support Windows won't let me delete a file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot delete a file from Windows. I've tried deleting from the desktop, a file saved to my computer, and a file saved to a network. Prior to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kabel_king, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Windows won't let me delete a file

I cannot delete a file from Windows. I've tried deleting from the desktop, a file saved to my computer, and a file saved to a network. Prior to this morning I was able to delete all of these. I have tried right click > delete and dragging the file to the recycling bin. I have tried restarting my computer. I've emptied the recycling bin and made sure it is set to "custom size" in properties. I have also tried running the Task Manager and the only app/service running is Chrome. Usually a delete confirmation pops up but it's not doing that either. What should I do?

:)

kabel_king, Feb 1, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Feb 1, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

tops, Feb 1, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

Windows won't let me delete a file

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows won't let me delete a file

1. Windows won't let me delete a file - Similar Threads - won't let delete

2. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  3. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  4. File Explorer won't let me delete zipped files or something along those lines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer won't let me delete zipped files or something along those lines: I recently downloaded a picture file from dropbox and they installed in a zipped folder. after I had used the photos I tried to delete them out of the zipped folder. I extracted them, I restarted my computer, I've tried what I thought might fix the issue, but still every time...
  5. Windows won't let me update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't let me update: I recently purchased an external SSD and was hoping to install the latest Windows 10 updates on my PC. When I try to do this, however, it says: "Updates are available, but we temporarily need some space to download. Remove some things you don't need right now and we'll try...
  6. Windows won't let me delete a folder

Windows won't let me delete a folder: I run VM's on my machine and share folders between the VM and my host Windows 10 laptop. Typically everything runs fine, but when I manipulate folders within the VM/host shared space, sometimes Windows locks up the folder. I say Windows because I have shut down the VMs yet...
  7. Files folder won't let me upload.

Files folder won't let me upload.: Hello, I am currently using google chrome as my default browser. When I try to upload a file ie. applying for a job I keep getting "program not responding". I am sure I tried everything, restarting computer, updating chrome and computer, drag & drop the file. Nothing seems to...
  8. windows won't let me update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows won't let me update: windows won't let me update KB2267602. forum help is for windows 8 from 2014. I need current help. thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-wont-let-me-update/69055692-780b-4979-bc81-40b8f378f95c
  9. Window 10 won't let me delete or rename a file in my Download folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Window 10 won't let me delete or rename a file in my Download folder: To the OP: Doesn't it ask you to enter your admin credentials? It should be as simple as that. When you get the dialog box saying "You'll need to provide Administrator permission to copy to this folder" what options are you given? I modified the registry to add "Take...
  10. -won't let me delete this? fine.-

-won't let me delete this? fine.-: -won't let me delete this? fine.- 25647

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont let me delete file

2. windows wont let me delete a file

3. windows wont allow me to delete file

4. windows wont let me delete windows.old,
  5. wont let me delete files,
  6. windows wont let me delete files,
  7. computer wont let me delete a file