Windows 10: Windows wont let me do anything due to a virus

Discus and support Windows wont let me do anything due to a virus in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I had recently gone to install a game on my laptop but accidentally clicked on an ad instead and downloaded a virus called "Word Web". I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Parker Wallenmeyer, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Windows wont let me do anything due to a virus

Hello, I had recently gone to install a game on my laptop but accidentally clicked on an ad instead and downloaded a virus called "Word Web".

I tried deleting it off my hard drive but it still kept showing up. One day I booted up my laptop and found that it had started trying to do a self-repair, after doing so it failed and gave me the options to do different things. I have tried everything from wiping it to booting into safe mode and command prompt but nothing is working. Is there any way I can wipe the hard drive and re-install Windows 10 without having to use another PC or buy and a new copy of Windows

Thank you

:)

Parker Wallenmeyer, Nov 7, 2018

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Nov 7, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Windows wont let me do anything due to a virus

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows wont let me do anything due to a virus

1. Windows wont let me do anything due to a virus - Similar Threads - wont let anything

2. I have a virus that wont let me do anything in settings. if I try to Factory reset it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a virus that wont let me do anything in settings. if I try to Factory reset it...: any help would be much appreciated, please ask questions! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-virus-that-wont-let-me-do-anything-in/4fb704e1-57aa-45e3-a19c-2c44cd3396d5
  3. I have a virus that wont let me do anything in settings. if I try to Factory reset it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a virus that wont let me do anything in settings. if I try to Factory reset it...: any help would be much appreciated, please ask questions! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-virus-that-wont-let-me-do-anything-in/4fb704e1-57aa-45e3-a19c-2c44cd3396d5
  4. I have a virus that wont let me do anything in settings. if I try to Factory reset it...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft wont let me launch anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft wont let me launch anything: Whenever I try to go into something: Microsoft Edge, Minecraft, Model o software, etcetera. It says, "Failed to load _____" So I can't access anything can someone help me?...
  6. Microsoft wont let me launch anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft wont let me launch anything: Whenever I try to go into something: Microsoft Edge, Minecraft, Model o software, etcetera. It says, "Failed to load _____" So I can't access anything can someone help me?...
  7. Windows Doesn't Let Me Do Anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Doesn't Let Me Do Anything: Hello folks. I was hoping someone can tell me what to do. I have this huge problem where my windows doesn't let me open the start menu, doesn't let me run any programs, apps. I can't even use my wifi extender because it says it doesn't work with the drive. I can't even open...
  8. My screen is gliching and wont let me do anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My screen is gliching and wont let me do anything: I was watching youTube and my screen started to glitch then I closed the YouTube tab i still had a tab called roblox open when I closed the youtube tab it wouldn't let me do anything is just stuck glitching...
  9. Virus wont let me boot or do anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus wont let me boot or do anything: So i accidentaly installed a virus on my laptop then I ran both AVG and Avast to check for virus in the computer it said that all threats had been removed, then i reboot my laptop and it froze while booting so i ran the Windows Resoution and i checked the disk at cmd now...
  10. Laptop Wont Let Me Click On Anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Wont Let Me Click On Anything: So for the past few months my computer will not let me click on anything. I'm starting to get frustrated because I use my laptop for my school work. I have to go into my files and do the restart that refreshes my task bar. That only works once then it doesn't help me until I...