Windows 10: Windows won't let me factory reset my pc

Discus and support Windows won't let me factory reset my pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I have a big problem so two days ago I wanted to factory reset my pc but then suddenly this error happened. It showed me ,,could not found the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NastaseCristian, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Windows won't let me factory reset my pc

Hello! I have a big problem so two days ago I wanted to factory reset my pc but then suddenly this error happened. It showed me ,,could not found the recovery enviroment". I searched on google and I found something based on reagentc that I should enable it but when I want to enable it it says ,,REAGENTC.EXE: The Windows RE image was not found." after that I should create a recovery drive but that said ,,We can't create a recovery drive on this PC". I searched on google and I found on a forum that I should uncheck the backup setting in the recovery drive or disable the antivirus but it didn't solve anything. Now I just wait to receive an answer from the community.

:)

NastaseCristian, Apr 16, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 16, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Which steps did you perform? Was this from a clean boot?
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste this command: shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
    It will boot to the recovery options or windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    Click troubleshooting and click reset this computer. You will be saving files. Applications and programs will be removed. Windows will be reinstalled.
    Enter your windows logon password.
    You will see getting things ready with rotating dots.
    Click resetting this PC.
    It will then display the HP logo with resetting this PC with rotating dots and a percentage.

zbook, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Windows won't let me factory reset my pc

factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't let me factory reset my pc

1. Windows won't let me factory reset my pc - Similar Threads - won't let factory

2. Bitlocker On Startup- Won't let me reset pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker On Startup- Won't let me reset pc.: So, yesterday when I opened my pc, I was greeted with a bitlocker key request straight after I got last the dell screen. When I hit escape for more options, one of the the options is to re install windows, and lose all my files. When I hit this option, in briefly tells me if...
  3. Bitlocker On Startup- Won't let me reset pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker On Startup- Won't let me reset pc.: So, yesterday when I opened my pc, I was greeted with a bitlocker key request straight after I got last the dell screen. When I hit escape for more options, one of the the options is to re install windows, and lose all my files. When I hit this option, in briefly tells me if...
  4. Bitlocker On Startup- Won't let me reset pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 won’t let me factory reset!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won’t let me factory reset!: I forgot my password to my windows 10 pro desktop. I remember the first day I got it, it asked for a password and I put it. but then it asked me to use a pin. and then they asked security questions. however, i’ve only had to use the actual password once because it always asks...
  6. Windows 10 won't let me factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't let me factory reset.: This all started out with one of the cumulative updates from last year failing which lead me to try and fix it, only to hit a brick wall every single time. Fast forward 10 months of more failed updates and I decided to try the nuclear option and factory reset my desktop....
  7. Windows 10 won't let me factory reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't let me factory reset: Hi, me again. After much thought, I've decided I want to fully reset my laptop back to factory settings. I've already saved my folders that I wish to keep onto a USB. After I go into Settings > Update and Security > Recovery > Reset, it comes back with "Could not find the...
  8. Windows won't let me reset my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't let me reset my PC: I have the following Problem: I want to reset my PC to its factory settings but at like 60% it stops doing that, goes back to the Desktop and tells me no files have been deleted. Is there a way to force a factory reset? submitted by /u/Viktor1234678 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows won't let me reset my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't let me reset my computer: I recently inherited a Dell Inspiron 5000 with Windows 10 installed, the computer has always been problematic so I tried to do a clean boot and follow a Youtube video on it. After that, I restarted the computer, I couldn't access wifi, sound, and pretty much anything on the...
  10. I factory reset my new PC, now it won't let me sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I factory reset my new PC, now it won't let me sign in: I bought a laptop off of somebody yesterday. (hp 15 ba009dx) I had to factory reset it to clear the Microsoft account on it to change it to mine. After it reset and restarted I'm prompted with the login screen that says "Other User" and is asking for a password and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wont let me factory reset my pc