Windows 10: Windows won't let me install an app

Discus and support Windows won't let me install an app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10. I'm trying to install an app and when I click on the install file I get a big red box that says "Malicious file" and then "this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanDonahue3, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Windows won't let me install an app

I have windows 10. I'm trying to install an app and when I click on the install file I get a big red box that says "Malicious file" and then "this application may cause damage to your device. Sensitive personal data may also be at risk. More info.

I select "More Info" and it shows the app file name and publisher and says "Ignore Windows malware warning and run anyway. I click on "run anyway" but I can't tell that anything happens. If I click on the install file again, to try again to install it, nothing happens. It's like the file has been deactivated.

I have Norton and Hitman and I've added the file to the exclusion list for them so I don't think they're causing a problem.

:)

DanDonahue3, Oct 11, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Windows won't let me install an app

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't let me install an app

1. Windows won't let me install an app - Similar Threads - won't let install

2. Microsoft won't let me install uTorrent app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft won't let me install uTorrent app: Microsoft won't let me install utorrent app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-wont-let-me-install-utorrent-app/f87cf1bc-482d-4f96-9457-4b7dd395baec
  3. Microsoft won't let me install uTorrent app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft won't let me install uTorrent app: Microsoft won't let me install utorrent app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-wont-let-me-install-utorrent-app/f87cf1bc-482d-4f96-9457-4b7dd395baec
  4. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  5. It won't let me in?

It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  6. windows not letting me install apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows not letting me install apps: yesterday i tried going back to windows 10 1703 coz dell showed that that was the latest version my pc cud supportbutafter ive installed i cant seem to install any other appit says its time to update ur device and i cant download any apps pls do help coz this is a good...
  7. windows not letting me install apps

windows not letting me install apps: yesterday i tried going back to windows 10 1703 coz dell showed that that was the latest version my pc cud supportbutafter ive installed i cant seem to install any other appit says its time to update ur device and i cant download any apps pls do help coz this is a good...
  8. windows not letting me install apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows won't let me change install location for apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't let me change install location for apps: I recently had to wipe my main C: drive due to some trouble i was having with it. Now that it's back up and running, I wanted to reinstall a game that was on my E: drive, which is where most of my games go. On the Xbox app, when I try to download it to the E: drive, it says...
  10. Microsoft store won't let me install apps

Microsoft store won't let me install apps: I had an issue with Minecraft not updating, so I chose to uninstall it and reinstall it, but I can't reinstall it because the Microsoft store won't let me install apps anymore. When I click the install button, it either does nothing, or it disappears. Can someone please help?...