Windows 10: Windows won’t let me remove my password

Discus and support Windows won’t let me remove my password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I run the netplwiz command there’s supposed to be a checkbox at the top that allows you to not have to use a password when signing in, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/robbioliman, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Windows won’t let me remove my password

Whenever I run the netplwiz command there’s supposed to be a checkbox at the top that allows you to not have to use a password when signing in, but it isn’t there for me. Any help would be appreciated

submitted by /u/robbioliman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/robbioliman, Jan 14, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Which steps did you perform? Was this from a clean boot?
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste this command: shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
    It will boot to the recovery options or windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    Click troubleshooting and click reset this computer. You will be saving files. Applications and programs will be removed. Windows will be reinstalled.
    Enter your windows logon password.
    You will see getting things ready with rotating dots.
    Click resetting this PC.
    It will then display the HP logo with resetting this PC with rotating dots and a percentage.

zbook, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Windows won’t let me remove my password

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows won’t let me remove my password

1. Windows won’t let me remove my password - Similar Threads - won’t let remove

2. Windows won’t let me activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t let me activate: So a few days ago I installed windows 8.1 on my old 2009 hp pavilion and now I’m trying to get windows activated. I keep trying to get it activated but I keep getting these error....
  3. Windows won’t let me activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won’t let me activate: So a few days ago I installed windows 8.1 on my old 2009 hp pavilion and now I’m trying to get windows activated. I keep trying to get it activated but I keep getting these error....
  4. It won’t let me see my photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It won’t let me see my photos: I just got this hp computer to view a usb given to me filled with photos. I am able to see some but not all of the photos. While some work perfectly fine others say things like “we cannot support this file” and “this file may have been moved or renamed” and things like that....
  5. Why won’t windows 10 let me log on with CORRECT password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why won’t windows 10 let me log on with CORRECT password: I just got back from a trip and had my pc turned off all the way with the switch on the back, I come back go to log on and boom it says my password is incorrect. I’ve had this same password for 3 years now and it’s not a keyboard issue as when I click the eye button the...
  6. Windows won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t let me sign in: Renewed my subscription for 365 office and I cannot access my desktop files for excel, word etc. When I open a file it says unlicensed product. I try to activate it and it takes me to a sign in page. I try to sign in and after I put my password in, it says that I can use my...
  7. Windows won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won’t let me sign in: Renewed my subscription for 365 office and I cannot access my desktop files for excel, word etc. When I open a file it says unlicensed product. I try to activate it and it takes me to a sign in page. I try to sign in and after I put my password in, it says that I can use my...
  8. My laptop won’t let me login

My laptop won’t let me login: My laptop won’t let me login with my password and it said that something went wrong and my pin won’t work. I have tried to reboot into safe mode with networking but it still tells me the password is incorrect. Please help as I have no idea upon what to do...
  9. Computer won’t let me in.

Computer won’t let me in.: I purchased a new computer two days ago. The camera wouldn’t work until I installed supposedly critical windows 10 updates. It then worked and all was well until I turned on today. At the screen where I enter my pin, it won’t let me enter anything. I tried to access forgotten...
  10. Won’t let me log in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won’t let me log in?: I assume this is a problem with windows or something physical with my computer, I just don’t know the difference. My laptop has been slowing down a lot and even bluescreening occasionly for about the past week. Now when I turn it on it never gets to the point where I can log...