Windows 10: Windows won't let me update system or open any apps

Discus and support Windows won't let me update system or open any apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I recently got this problem where my windows won't update at all even when I manually click updates. Also, I open apps and I'm told it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Washabee, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Washabee Win User

Windows won't let me update system or open any apps

Hello. I recently got this problem where my windows won't update at all even when I manually click updates. Also, I open apps and I'm told it doesn't open with my version. I am currently running Windows 10 pro 20H2. I have tried doing things like changing the owner name of my c:drive but I get error messages. I try running the compatability troubleshooter on my apps and I don't see Windows 10 show up. Please help, this is a new computer and I haven't been able to open anything except for the internet browsers.

:)

Washabee, Jun 8, 2021

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows won't let me update system or open any apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows won't let me update system or open any apps - Similar Threads - won't let update

2. Windows won't let me update system or use apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't let me update system or use apps: Not sure what made this start happening or even when. When trying to update, it usually usually gets stuck at 0% and i get the error code 0x80240004...
  3. Windows won't let me update system or use apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't let me update system or use apps: Not sure what made this start happening or even when. When trying to update, it usually usually gets stuck at 0% and i get the error code 0x80240004...
  4. Windows won't let me update system or use apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps: I have had an issue with windows search where I am unable to open Microsoft office apps. Not only that, but the search results are inconsistent with what is actually installed on the PC. Many installed apps just don't show up when I search for them.How did things get ruined...
  6. Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps: I have had an issue with windows search where I am unable to open Microsoft office apps. Not only that, but the search results are inconsistent with what is actually installed on the PC. Many installed apps just don't show up when I search for them.How did things get ruined...
  7. Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Onedrive won't open online and won't let me access any files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive won't open online and won't let me access any files: I can't access onedrive at all. I have tried in a number of different devices, says something has gone wrong. I can't access any of my files....
  9. My laptop won't let me go on any apps

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop won't let me go on any apps: When I put in the password to my laptop, it logged on and then as soon as it did, it said that it won't properly log on to my Microsoft account. Then I tried to sign out, as it recommend, but when I logged back on, it said the same thing. That time I ignored it and tried to...
  10. windows won't let me update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows won't let me update: windows won't let me update KB2267602. forum help is for windows 8 from 2014. I need current help. thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-wont-let-me-update/69055692-780b-4979-bc81-40b8f378f95c