Windows 10: Windows won't link my microsoft account with my product activation

Discus and support Windows won't link my microsoft account with my product activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have tried sign out of the Microsoft account and sign back in but it won't link the account any ideas? [ATTACH] Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Afteryou, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Afteryou Win User

Windows won't link my microsoft account with my product activation

I have tried sign out of the Microsoft account and sign back in but it won't link the account any ideas?

Windows won't link my microsoft account with my product activation dcd8ced0-ba19-405d-b078-0f1a42b439a2?upload=true.jpg

Thanks

:)

Afteryou, Mar 8, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Activation says linked to your Microsoft account, how do you sell it?

No need to create any user accounts.

Step 1.) Clean install Windows 10, the same edition you are currently using and which is digitally licensed. Be sure to delete all existing partitions and install to unallocated space!

Step 2.) When you arrive to region selection screen, press SHIFT + F10 (press and hold SHIFT key, press F10 key and release both keys). This will open Command Prompt:

Windows won't link my microsoft account with my product activation [​IMG]

Step 3.) Enter following command and press Enter to shut down PC:

shutdown -s -t 0 -f

That's it. PC will be shut down, when the new owner will power on it first time it will be like a first boot of a new computer, letting new owner to select region and keyboard, set up user account and select privacy options.

Kari, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

MCardona81, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Windows won't link my microsoft account with my product activation

Activation says linked to your Microsoft account, how do you sell it?

Agree with what Barman58 posted. It's not linked to your Microsoft Account forever. Clean install Windows, give that PC a different ID, log in with a local account. Or just stop the install at the OOBE like he said. Then just delete that device from your list of devices under your Microsoft Account. When the new owner logs in with their Microsoft ID it will be linked to their account. The linked to your Microsoft account is just an extra feature, it doesn't affect activation. I can, and have logged in with a local account on a clean install and my PC activates with its digital license just fine. Its not listed under my devices, but that no big deal to me. As soon as I log in with my Microsoft ID it appears again.

alphanumeric, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows won't link my microsoft account with my product activation

1. Windows won't link my microsoft account with my product activation - Similar Threads - won't link microsoft

2. Is the product linked to my microsoft account or the original owners?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is the product linked to my microsoft account or the original owners?: I bought a second hand laptop. I did a factory reset and it says windows is activated and the product key is linked to your Microsoft account. But as I bought it second hand, will it actually be linked to my account or the previous owners account? Thanks!...
  3. Is the product linked to my microsoft account or the original owners?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the product linked to my microsoft account or the original owners?: I bought a second hand laptop. I did a factory reset and it says windows is activated and the product key is linked to your Microsoft account. But as I bought it second hand, will it actually be linked to my account or the previous owners account? Thanks!...
  4. Is the product linked to my microsoft account or the original owners?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Linking my Microsoft Account to My product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking my Microsoft Account to My product key: Good Day Microsoft CommunityI am trying to link my Microsoft Account to my Product key. I followed the steps in the link below:Activate Windows - Microsoft SupportOne of the steps say that I should go to the activation page and select "Add Account", but I don't see such an...
  6. Linking my Microsoft Account to My product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linking my Microsoft Account to My product key: Good Day Microsoft CommunityI am trying to link my Microsoft Account to my Product key. I followed the steps in the link below:Activate Windows - Microsoft SupportOne of the steps say that I should go to the activation page and select "Add Account", but I don't see such an...
  7. How to link my windows product key with my Microsoft account?

How to link my windows product key with my Microsoft account?: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro latest version installed on my laptop and I wanted to know if my windows product key is linked with my Microsoft account or not? And if I can see my product key from my Microsoft account or not? It is written here that there is a digital license...
  8. Microsoft Products Linked to My account

Microsoft Products Linked to My account: Hi, How do I know how many or what are products linked to my Microsoft account Reason why I am asking is , there is a chance to format my system for a reason, so I want to retrieve/retain my Windows 10 and MSOffice 2019 how to take care of these licenses part, My...
  9. Products linked with my account?

Products linked with my account?: Hi I wanted to know if my @hotmail account is for my windows key alongside office too, so i can build another computer without purchasing windows a second time....
  10. My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account.

My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account.: When I upgraded for free from windows 8 to windows 10 I got a digital license on my microsoft account but somehow I've deleted it when browsing through my account. At the time I contacted the support and was told that once I reinstalled Windows 10 I'd get my license back in...