Windows 10: Windows won't load from hard drive

Discus and support Windows won't load from hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Satellite C75D that I am giving to someone. At one point I had a partition dedicated to Linux. I deleted the partition but it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by curtismiller3, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Windows won't load from hard drive

I have a Toshiba Satellite C75D that I am giving to someone. At one point I had a partition dedicated to Linux. I deleted the partition but it still opened the GRUB 2 loading screen. In an attempt to remove this, I recovered Windows 10. After doing so, the computer displayed a message that said something along the lines of "no bootable image on HHD. Restart your computer." The USB recovery drive works but doesn't allow me to access Windows itself. Is there a way to put Windows' boot up program back on the hard drive?

:)

curtismiller3, Feb 17, 2020

2. Windows won't load

Do you have any other hard drives to see if Windows will install? Even if you have a spare 40GB IDE, that'll be fine, so if Windows loads on that, you know it's a hard drive problem.

Azn Tr14dZ, Feb 17, 2020
  3. little cat, Feb 17, 2020
  4. barrytol Win User

Windows won't load from hard drive

Photos on my external hard drive won`t show

I have an external hard drive on which I loaded all my pictures but now I can`t se them.What should I do?

barrytol, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't load from hard drive

1. Windows won't load from hard drive - Similar Threads - won't load hard

2. Laptop won't boot from hard drive, nor from pendrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't boot from hard drive, nor from pendrive: on a random day, when a booted up my pc, it worked fine, until sometime later it started to hang. i eventually, went to turn off the pc. as soon as i chose to shut down, a BSoD appeared, by the time i could take note of the error, it restarted. after that restart, it booted...
  3. Laptop won't boot from hard drive, nor from pendrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't boot from hard drive, nor from pendrive: on a random day, when a booted up my pc, it worked fine, until sometime later it started to hang. i eventually, went to turn off the pc. as soon as i chose to shut down, a BSoD appeared, by the time i could take note of the error, it restarted. after that restart, it booted...
  4. Laptop won't boot from hard drive, nor from pendrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I can't load windows from a usb drive, it has no cd drive and no hard drive. Is there a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't load windows from a usb drive, it has no cd drive and no hard drive. Is there a...: I have a laptop that won't boot from the usb so I can't install windows from a usb. The hard drive is broken so I removed it. Is there a way to load windows onto a new ssd externally since I can't load it from the usb drives because the laptop won't access the usb drive. The...
  6. I can't load windows from a usb drive, it has no cd drive and no hard drive. Is there a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't load windows from a usb drive, it has no cd drive and no hard drive. Is there a...: I have a laptop that won't boot from the usb so I can't install windows from a usb. The hard drive is broken so I removed it. Is there a way to load windows onto a new ssd externally since I can't load it from the usb drives because the laptop won't access the usb drive. The...
  7. I can't load windows from a usb drive, it has no cd drive and no hard drive. Is there a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Load Windows 10 on new hard drive

Load Windows 10 on new hard drive: I have a Dell system. System came with Windows 8.1. Several years ago, I took advantage of free version of Windows 10. My hard drive is going bad and I must replace it. I need a way to load Windows 10 on my new drive. Can I create a formattable usb recovery drive? Is...
  9. Windows 10 will not load from SSD without hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will not load from SSD without hard drive: Hello, Recently I installed a SSD and was able to use both it and a hard drive simultaneously, with the SSD acting as the boot drive. Yesterday when I turned on my PC Windows failed to stat and the screen advised to restore Windows, which led tot he loss of my files etc....
  10. Windows 10 loading from boot manager and not hard drive

Windows 10 loading from boot manager and not hard drive: Hi, Yesterday I did clean reinstall of windows 10 after exepriencing issues while trying to install dual operating systems. The installation completed successfully but there is a strange thing I noticed. When I turn on the computer the motherboard splash screen stays on and...