Windows 10: Windows won't load past BIOS screen

Discus and support Windows won't load past BIOS screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The other day my computer froze. I waited a decent amount of time and things like ctrl-alt-del weren't working. A hard restart seemed like the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dillonreilly, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Windows won't load past BIOS screen

The other day my computer froze. I waited a decent amount of time and things like ctrl-alt-del weren't working. A hard restart seemed like the only option. I proceeded with the hard restart but when it came back on the motherboard title page popped up like normal but didn't proceed to windows 10. instead it stayed on the title page for about 30 seconds with options to access the bios, and then it forced me into the bios after that 30 seconds. I don't know how to fix it.

Things I have Tried:

1. Messing with the boot priority list in the bios (only windows was in there so I couldn't change anything).
    2. Loading a new windows tool on USB and installing. I had my Harddrive which wouldn't take the install and a Microsoft reserve drive ( which I think was my SSD).
    3. trying to repair with the windows tool but it seemed to go in a loop of restarting and not working.

I've also thought about wiping my drives cause I have files backed up to my google drive. I read that is is very unrecommended that I wipe my Microsoft reserve file drive so I didn't and I know my hard drive isn't the problem because my windows was installed on my SSD. I'm not sure what else to do. Please help. could my SSD be corrupted?

:)

dillonreilly, Dec 14, 2018
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Dec 14, 2018
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Windows won't load past BIOS screen

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows won't load past BIOS screen

1. Windows won't load past BIOS screen - Similar Threads - won't load past

2. Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen: Hi, I've had a really frustrating day trying to get my computer back up and running but I have very little technical knowledge to help me. I built the computer myself 4 years ago and it has been running fine in general; however, there have been times where it failed to...
  3. On boot gets past windows loading then black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On boot gets past windows loading then black screen: Hello I have got a Dell Latitude E6420 that after it gets past the Windows 10 loading screen after being turned on the screen goes black (backlight is on though). If you plug in an external screen you can see the desktop with no issues. I have tried updating the graphic...
  4. Loading into BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Loading into BIOS: So I have an Acer predator monitor and when I start up my pc and press the delete button, windows doesn't start up, which is expected as it's gone into BIOS, but I have a black screen and an orange light on the monitor indicating that there's no video signal. I was able to...
  5. Laptop won't load past the login screen, How do i fix?

Laptop won't load past the login screen, How do i fix?: I have windows 10 laptop, My laptop has suddenly stopped loading past the login screen. At first, it would get me to the desktop but would only flash the icons on and off. I tried restarting it and even restoring it to factory settings, but it won't let me do that. There is...
  6. My Surface 3 won't boot up past the Bios screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Surface 3 won't boot up past the Bios screen.: My Surface 3 won't boot up past the Bios screen. It locks up on it. Hard resets don't work. Is there a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-3-wont-boot-up-past-the-bios-screen/3cae312e-6192-4ada-bd7b-92174a8ac07e
  7. Windows won't boot past Dell screen

Windows won't boot past Dell screen: My Inspiron 15-7000 series with Windows 10 will not boot. It gets stuck on the Dell logo screen, or, when it tries to start the Recovery tool on the Dell screen, it gets stuck there, too. I tried to get to the Safe Mode screen, but couldn't get there. Any fix for this??...
  8. Computer not going past loading screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer not going past loading screen: Hello, i have an Acer Nitro 5 Laptop and just recently updated my windows 10, when i went to go and start up it would not let me and gave me a code. I automatically reset my computer and kept the files and now the code is reading “driver_pnp_watchdog”. Ive tried doing alt +...
  9. Can't get past ASUS loading screen

Can't get past ASUS loading screen: I had turned on my laptop and gotten passed the loading screen, but the laptop ended up freezing so I shut it off. Now, I can't get passed the loading screen. I got into the BIOS menu, and had no clue what to do with it. I've tried accessing the Advanced settings menu but it...
  10. Computer won't load past start up screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't load past start up screen: Hello, I'm new here. Sorry for posing another thread but I couldn't find one similar enough to my question. Anyway, my laptop began moving incredibly slow last night, like the cursor would hardly move and it sounded like it was running extra hard. I turned it off and this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont load after bios screen