Windows 10: Windows won't load when battery removed from laptop

Discus and support Windows won't load when battery removed from laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just a little background first. I have had to buy a new battery for my wife's laptop but the battery won't fully charge, it charges to 31% and stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Berallan, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Berallan Win User

Windows won't load when battery removed from laptop

Just a little background first.

I have had to buy a new battery for my wife's laptop but the battery won't fully charge, it charges to 31% and stops then I have to restart the laptop to start the charging cycle. It stops at 31%, 64%, 91% and then goes to 100%, each time it has to be restarted to continue the charging cycle.

The old, smaller capacity battery charges fine in one cycle.

To try and solve this problem I cleaned the drive using Diskpart clean then installed Windows 10 and fully updated to the current version but that had no effect.

Now for the problem with windows.

The place where I bought the battery suggested that the battery be removed from the laptop, restart it and uninstall the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery then scan for changes to put a new copy back, then shutdown and replace the battery, plug in and restart the laptop.

The problem comes in after removing the battery, plugging it in and restarting the laptop, Windows 10 won't start up.

I can get to the BIOS and make any changes I want but Windows 10 won't load, I just get a black screen with the _ cursor in the top left corner.

If I place any battery back in the laptop Windows 10 will start with or without being plugged in and the batteries will charge if plugged in.

It's as if Windows 10 detects that it is a laptop and decides that it won't start without a battery.

I disabled the fast startup in case that was an issue because I found earlier that it wouldn't start if I swapped batteries and had it enabled, it was like Windows detected a change in hardware and refused to load.

Any ideas on how to get the laptop to run without a battery?

Also any ideas how to get the larger capacity battery to fully charge in one attempt, as this was the reason I needed to run the laptop without the battery in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Berallan, Dec 6, 2018

2. Laptop not booting to Windows 10 after new battery installed.

Hi Mr Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to contact your manufacturer regarding the battery issue. As of now you can power drain your laptop and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Disconnect the AC Adapter.

• Remove the Battery.

• Hold the Power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

• Reconnect the AC adapter.

• Turn on the laptop power.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Dec 6, 2018
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows won't load when battery removed from laptop - Similar Threads - won't load battery

2. Laptop won't load in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop won't load in: Laptop loads up fine. I click sign in, wheel spins then stops. Almost like it attempts to log in. I click sign in again, but it's grayed out and not click able. Advice? It was working fine earlier, I put my info in then I updated and now it doesn't want to work....
  3. Laptop won't load in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't load in: Laptop loads up fine. I click sign in, wheel spins then stops. Almost like it attempts to log in. I click sign in again, but it's grayed out and not click able. Advice? It was working fine earlier, I put my info in then I updated and now it doesn't want to work....
  4. Laptop won't load in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop won't load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't load: I was using my Gateway laptop normally, when it crashed, showing the stop code: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. When I restarted, it occurred again a few minutes later. After that, I started it up, it stayed on the Gateway loading screen for a few minutes, and then led me to the...
  6. Laptop won't load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't load: I was using my Gateway laptop normally, when it crashed, showing the stop code: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. When I restarted, it occurred again a few minutes later. After that, I started it up, it stayed on the Gateway loading screen for a few minutes, and then led me to the...
  7. New battery won't load Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New battery won't load Windows 10: I replaced my laptop battery in my Lenovo Flex 14. It is recognized in Windows and will charge; however, if I try to start the computer without plugging in the charger, it won't launch Windows 10. It will attempt and then shut off. If I plug it in it launches fine. Is there...
  8. battery not removeable and won't charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery not removeable and won't charge: I have an ASUS laptop computer and the battery won't take a charge. Battery not removable by user so can't be easily replaced. Computer works when plugged in. I there some setting that I may have inadvertaintly disabled.?...
  9. Removing an Update That Won't Load?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removing an Update That Won't Load?: So this Android Update keeps trying to load and fails. Is there a way for me to remove this from the update list? I know you can remove Updates that "have" loaded, but what about ones that sit in the load stage? Thanks. [img] 101840
  10. Brand new laptop won't load Windows after 'bloatware' removal

in Windows 10 Support
    Brand new laptop won't load Windows after 'bloatware' removal: Hi everyone, My girlfriend recently (like, yesterday) purchased a new ASUS Zenbook 305, 8gb RAM with Windows 10. I believe it's the one that's available here. It started fine, but she asked me to clean it up (get rid of the bloatware on Windows 10 etc). I downloaded...