Windows 10: windows won't maximize or restore

Discus and support windows won't maximize or restore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All of a sudden, windows that i "minimize" won't maximize! I've tried all the key stroke combos shift/Ctrl/alt/Windows. none work. any surefire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kingisomat, Mar 6, 2019.

1. windows won't maximize or restore

All of a sudden, windows that i "minimize" won't maximize! I've tried all the key stroke combos shift/Ctrl/alt/Windows. none work. any surefire suggestions?

:)

Kingisomat, Mar 6, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 6, 2019
  4. windows won't maximize or restore

Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

windows won't maximize or restore

1. windows won't maximize or restore - Similar Threads - won't maximize restore

2. Maximize/Restore Down Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximize/Restore Down Button: A few days ago, my Maximize/Restore Down Button stopped working in Word. When I click to Restore Down my Word document, instead of the window getting smaller, I get the little "window" shown below.I have tried everything to get the Restore Down window but can't figure it out....
  3. Maximize/Restore Down Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximize/Restore Down Button: A few days ago, my Maximize/Restore Down Button stopped working in Word. When I click to Restore Down my Word document, instead of the window getting smaller, I get the little "window" shown below.I have tried everything to get the Restore Down window but can't figure it out....
  4. It won't maximize it anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It won't maximize it anymore: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Joey_0w0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lm6gpg/it_wont_maximize_it_anymore/
  5. minimized window isn't restored maximized although it was maximized before minimizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    minimized window isn't restored maximized although it was maximized before minimizing: Hi! I work with AutoCAD LT 2019 in maximized windows. When I minimize them and then restore, they don't get to the previous maximized state, but instead they are restored to the "normal" size. This is not the expected behaviour. All other programs and applications get...
  6. Tiny Pop Up Window That Won't Maximize

Tiny Pop Up Window That Won't Maximize: I have a Dell laptop which runs on Windows 10. I am trying to download a software program but cannot complete loading the software my computer. I can only get as far as the Installation Manager pop up screen, which when opened only opens to a tiny window size and it won't...
  7. Windows Keep Getting Maximized on Me Without Permission and Restore/Maximize/Close Buttons...

Windows Keep Getting Maximized on Me Without Permission and Restore/Maximize/Close Buttons...: Ever since I was forced to start using Windows 10, I keep having Windows maximized on me and the options to minimize, restore, and close them are greyed out. This forces me to have to close the program to do anything. This keeps happening. I am only using desktop mode (never...
  8. Drag window to maximize/restore size

Drag window to maximize/restore size: On my win10pro workstation I'm able to drag a window to the top of the screen to maximize it. In the same way, I can drag it down to restore it. I really like this feature and it has become my go to way of maximizing/restoring windows. Now to the problem. This feature is...
  9. Restore won't restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore won't restore: I am having a problem in backup and restore. I go to the restore files ( I back up every day) and i click on chose a different date. I pick February 10 and ok. However which I click on the OK button nothing happens. It does take back to the restore files screen but the...
  10. Maximize sound won't turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Maximize sound won't turn off: I turned off all system sounds, but I still get this annoying sound every time I enter full screen mode on video players watching a movie. It doesn't seem to be a system sound... maybe a theme sound or whatever? 18319

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen wont maximize windows 10

2. window wont maximize

3. windows wont maximize

4. window is small and wont let me maximize,
  5. windows 10 application wont maximaze on screen,
  6. screen becomes minimised and wont maximise,
  7. windows 10 screen wont maximize,
  8. windows 10 wont maximize window,
  9. program window wont maximize from taskbar windows 10,
  10. windows 10 windows wont maximize,
  11. how to maximize a window that wont,