Windows 10: Windows wont open start, settings, action center, cant click search in explorer etc. tried...

Discus and support Windows wont open start, settings, action center, cant click search in explorer etc. tried... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am losing my mind, I can't do anything that doesn't have a shortcut on my desktop. It's been like this for a few weeks but I really didn't wanna get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FrecklePrince, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Windows wont open start, settings, action center, cant click search in explorer etc. tried...

I am losing my mind, I can't do anything that doesn't have a shortcut on my desktop.

It's been like this for a few weeks but I really didn't wanna get into it, but I have important video appointments coming up and bought a webcam that I can't use.

submitted by /u/FrecklePrince
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FrecklePrince, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Sharief K Win User

Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Jan 8, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows wont open start, settings, action center, cant click search in explorer etc. tried...

Unable to launch open Settings and Action Center in Windows 10

Hello Emmanuel,

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

From your description, I suspect that the issue seems to be temporary. Suggest you to shutdown your PC completely, then restart it after a while and then try to open settings to see if it responds.

If you want to open Control Panel, type Control Panel
    into the search bar on the task bar, and select the same from the list when it appears. Alternatively you can open
    Settings, through Start Menu or press Windows Key + R,
    then type ms-settings: into the run command and hit Enter. You can also type
    Control Panel in run command to open the same.

In case problem still persist, then try the below mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Use the DISM tool and System File Checker for repairing any missing or corrupted system files:

• Click Start.
    • Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with admin rights).
    • If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click
      Continue.
    • Type or copy paste the below command lines one by one into it and hit Enter:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter. Reboot your system to see if problem still occurs.

If you are able to open settings, I would suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Action Center as well as turn Notification On. To check follow the steps below:

Action Center

1. Click on the Start Menu and click on theSettings icon.

2. Then navigate to System>Notification and Action.

3. ClickTurn system icons on or off option, then slide the
    Action Center bar to ON.

Notification.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Arul_D, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows wont open start, settings, action center, cant click search in explorer etc. tried...

1. Windows wont open start, settings, action center, cant click search in explorer etc. tried... - Similar Threads - wont open start

2. I cant open start windows, settings, etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open start windows, settings, etc: when i try sfc/ scannow theres the result Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline...
  3. I cant open start windows, settings, etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant open start windows, settings, etc: when i try sfc/ scannow theres the result Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline...
  4. notifications or action center wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
    notifications or action center wont open: I cant right swipe on edge of surface 3 to get notifications or action center to open or get any of the icon on bottom right of task bar open. Can anyone help?...
  5. Failed updates and lost "Start Menu" & "Action Center", etc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed updates and lost "Start Menu" & "Action Center", etc.: On Thursday, July 31, I attempted to install three updates for Windows 10. Two updates installed successfully, 0xc1900101 failed. Since then my “Start Menu” and “Action Center” nor "Calendar" on the right end of the "Task Bar" will not open, the “Search”, “Cortana”, “Task...
  6. action center wont open after 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    action center wont open after 1903: hello, after updating to 1903, I can only access the action center by clicking in the balloon icon the first time i try. after it opens the first time, if I click on the balloon again, nothing happens. I have to restart the explorer exe process in order to make it work again....
  7. Windows Reset - Start Menu, Search, Action Center not working, Settings, Edge and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Reset - Start Menu, Search, Action Center not working, Settings, Edge and...: Hi I performed a windows reset on my Surface Pro (2018 edition) as I was having some DNS/VPN issues (I didn't have much installed on the PC, so figured a reset would be the most straight forward fix). Since I have performed the reset, my start menu, search bar and action...
  8. Windows defender and Action center wont open- windows 8.1

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender and Action center wont open- windows 8.1: I think my laptop got infected by some virus a few days ago. Since then, windows defender and action center have not been working. I cant find windows defender in services to restart it either. I tried all possible methods i could think of but nothing works. I installed...
  9. Start menu, action center, etc not working most of the time

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, action center, etc not working most of the time: I get randomly but frequently on my Windows 10 on my Dell Optiplex 780 where the start menu stops working. clicking on it does nothing, the start menu will not open, so I attempt the action center, that will not open either. Neither will the sound (volume), or the Ethernet...
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...