Windows 10: Windows won't output to display after turning monitors off

Discus and support Windows won't output to display after turning monitors off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, When windows turns off my monitors currently set to 1 hour, Sleep is set to never, my computer won't output anything to my display even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sid3000, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Sid3000 Win User

Windows won't output to display after turning monitors off

Hi there,

When windows turns off my monitors currently set to 1 hour, Sleep is set to never, my computer won't output anything to my display even though it's working.

If I unplug all 3 displays and plug 1 back in it will flash no input detected and the only thing that will get windows outputting is pressing restart on my case. The only solution is to manually turn off my displays when I need to get up, but this is inconvenient. I can't remember when the problem started, it's persisted through 2 graphics cards, nvidia 1080, and 2070, multiple drivers, and windows updates.

Just to say it again, my computer is set to never go to sleep. I just turn it off.

Any help is greatly appreciated <3

Kind Regards

:)

Sid3000, Mar 4, 2021
  2. damtachoa Win User

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Medyen Win User
    Windows defender is turned off and won`t turn back on

Windows defender on windows 10 enterprise won`t turn on. This happened shortly after i updated it; when I try to turn it on it says:

This app has been turned off and it isn't monitoring your computer.

And right underneath it, it says:

If you are using another app for malicious and unwanted software use Security and Maintenance to check that app`s status.

Need for a response ASAP, thanks Windows won't output to display after turning monitors off :)

Medyen, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Windows won't output to display after turning monitors off

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows won't output to display after turning monitors off

1. Windows won't output to display after turning monitors off - Similar Threads - won't output display

2. Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.: Computer case - Focus G MiniMonitor - Optix G24C4 CPU - Intel Core i7-12700KFCPU Fan - Artic Alpine 17Storage- Silicon Power Ace A55 M.2Power Supply - Antec Gold 500wGraphics Card - AMD Radeon RX 6600 XTMotherboard - MSI MAG B660M MortarMemory Modules - XPG DDR4 8gb x 2I...
  3. Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.: Computer case - Focus G MiniMonitor - Optix G24C4 CPU - Intel Core i7-12700KFCPU Fan - Artic Alpine 17Storage- Silicon Power Ace A55 M.2Power Supply - Antec Gold 500wGraphics Card - AMD Radeon RX 6600 XTMotherboard - MSI MAG B660M MortarMemory Modules - XPG DDR4 8gb x 2I...
  4. Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows won't turn off monitor after specified time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows won't turn off monitor after specified time: Hello,I've been to many different guides, tried many different things couldn't find the culprit. Windows won't turn off the monitor after a specified time. I haven't changed any hardware. It was working before. This a desktop PC. I don't have sleep turned on. I'm including...
  6. My PC won't turn off or display on monitor.

My PC won't turn off or display on monitor.: I might have accidentally unplugged my PC while it was in sleep mode. This has caused my PC to not display anything on any monitor, even on different ports. This has also caused my PC to not be able to shut off without holding down the power button. Also, I have unplugged the...
  7. Monitors Won't Turn Off

Monitors Won't Turn Off: I set my power button to "turn display off". When I click the button, my display turns off, but turn back on immediately afterwards. It used to work fine until today. I made a few changes between yesterday and today: I installed iCloud and iTunes as well as altServer. I...
  8. Monitors won't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors won't turn off after specified time: Hello, I'm having an issue with my power settings, basically my monitors won't go to standby mode. Doesn't matter if I turn off all background apps or lock the screen, they still remain on indefinitely. I need to have this computer running 24/7 for other reasons, but I would...
  9. Display won't turn off after specified time?

Display won't turn off after specified time?: My display won't turn off after specified time. I've tried many solutions given online, I've also tried troubleshooting it and it didn't do anything. Everything worked fine until I turned off my computer yesterday and back on, and it ran some updates. Very disappointed in...
  10. Monitor/display will not turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor/display will not turn off: Hello everyone. Using the same settings and programs as in my 8.1 installation. Nothing funny, or game-related running in the background (also tried disabling everything possible). The problem is that the monitor will not turn off, either from the Power/Display power-off...