Windows 10: Windows wont play videos and sound. Restart helps for a while

Discus and support Windows wont play videos and sound. Restart helps for a while in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello All, I got a new laptop in my company and I am facing some crucial issues lately. My laptop cant play any videos in PC or browser youtube... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ryochi_Tog, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Windows wont play videos and sound. Restart helps for a while

Hello All,

I got a new laptop in my company and I am facing some crucial issues lately.

My laptop cant play any videos in PC or browser youtube videos are just loading, or music in my PC player opens, but not playing.

Sometimes it helps when I restart the device and go to the sleep mode, but its only for few minutes and then it randomly happens again.

I have tried to install latest updates, reinstal drivers but the issue still continues and its getting really annoying.

Since its a business laptop, I cant ask for a help our IT team, because officially its not allowed to use youtube. But my other colleagues who got the same laptop before and after me dont face this.

:)

Ryochi_Tog, Sep 15, 2020

2. laptop wont play videos or sound

Hi Uthra,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I completely understand your concern and feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

1. Are you facing this issue on the Microsoft user account?

2. Have you installed all the pending updates and driver updates on the PC?

3. Did you make any changes to the PC, prior to this issue?

4. Do you receive any error code or error message, while playing the video and sound?
    5. Which internet browser are you using to play online videos?

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the PC and login to the either administrator account or the Microsoft account to check, if that helps.

Let’s try to refer to the link below and check, if the issue still persists.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Also, I suggest you to install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update. Install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps.

Let’s try to refer to the suggestion given by ZigZag3143 (Windows IT Pro MS -MVP) replied on August 7, 2015, to fix your issue with audios.
    Music won't play since downloading Windows 10

Try to refer to the suggestion given by Amarjeet1709 replied on October 9, 2015, to fix your issue with videos.

After Windows 10 upgrade Computer wont play any video

Kindly reply with the necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 15, 2020
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Windows wont play videos and sound. Restart helps for a while

No sound when playing video files on Windows 10

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. When do get the error "this app can't run on this computer"?
    3. Is the sound working fine in Audio files?
    4. What is the make and model number of your computer?

5) What is the format of Video files that you are trying to play? (You may refer to
      File types supported by Windows Media Player).

Meanwhile, download a new video file from the internet and check if the audio is coming from that video file.

Also, copy those video files onto a USB and play them on another computer and check if you are able to hear audio from thos video files.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in Fix sound problems in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows wont play videos and sound. Restart helps for a while

1. Windows wont play videos and sound. Restart helps for a while - Similar Threads - wont play videos

2. my video wont play

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my video wont play: my I phone 7 video wont play on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-video-wont-play/ca7850d3-270d-40f9-b5d0-2e71dc4fa053
  3. help my pc wont make sounds when system sounds are playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help my pc wont make sounds when system sounds are playing: as you read "my windows 10 pc won't make sounds when system sounds are playing" or when an app uses my mic this started when my new bluetooth headset arrived and i set it upfrom sony and only with that speaker please help me pls...
  4. .AVI videos wont play on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .AVI videos wont play on windows 10: I have a .avi video i am trying to play on WMP (Windows Media Player). I have the current version of WMP. The video will not play and glitches my screen before it goes completely blank. Im not even sure if its playing at all. There is no option to change file types under the...
  5. Windows restarts while playing minecraft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows restarts while playing minecraft: Windows will randomly shut down while playing minecraft, sometimes after only a few minutes and sometimes after hours of playing. I monitor system temps while playing and know that temps for the CPU and GPU are ok. Other games do not seem to have any issue. Reliability...
  6. Having a problem with sound while playing you tube video.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having a problem with sound while playing you tube video.: Hello. I'm not getting sound while playing you tube video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-with-sound-while-playing-you-tube/265ade6b-88e3-415f-afb5-8f462ba6f535
  7. messenger wont play video

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    messenger wont play video: Hi I have purchased a new laptop running windows 10 and now messenger plays video with a black screen audio is fine any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-wont-play-video/d0750746-ec5d-41ae-97d0-9d6febe77ad3"
  8. power dvd wont play videos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    power dvd wont play videos: since the last update power dvd wont play vieos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-dvd-wont-play-videos/dc22e730-f6c0-4549-b2a9-f1b6a0538010
  9. video stutters while playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    video stutters while playing: My completely new laptop Surface Pro doesn’t want to play video files properly. It looks like the video file starts to shutters and is played at 0.25x speed. This occurs once in a while and the only thing I can do to solve the problem is to restart the laptop....
  10. Windows Photo wont play created videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo wont play created videos: I used to love the windows photos app with the video editor. I real genuine rival to Apple's iMovie. Until I started get bugs. First, all my video projects disappeared. Then, I can not create video projects. I can make them but when I press play, it plays 1 secs then...