Windows 10: Windows won't reboot to install updates with ISO

Discus and support Windows won't reboot to install updates with ISO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm doing an in-place update with an ISO file from the C drive. When I click setup it works fine and the blue screen progresses all the way to 100%.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KenHeslip, Sep 19, 2018.

1. KenHeslip Win User

Windows won't reboot to install updates with ISO

I'm doing an in-place update with an ISO file from the C drive. When I click setup it works fine and the blue screen progresses all the way to 100%. But after it says it's going to reboot, nothing happens and a window pops up saying "Windows 10 installation failed.".

I have to use an ISO because regular updates download/install fine but when I restart, no updates are made.

Below is the setuperr log file from the panther folder from the ISO installation. There are a lot of registry errors. In particular it mentions which seems relevant: InstallAtShutdown: The system cannot find the path specified. [0x00000003]

I've had this problem for quite a while and would appreciate any help on repairing it. Is there a way to fix the registry errors? Thanks.

Edit: The log file has been moved below because without formatting, this post was unreadable. It can be downloaded with formatting here. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhYa6LSC5pWottZ3OKNtbzPfz_1SyA

:)

KenHeslip, Sep 19, 2018
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. Windows updates won't install!

Oh my what next now?

After reinstalling IE7 to get rid of my problem about not being able to access internet options not even from the control panel, I ran CCCleaner.

Never used that program before, and so I did something wrong... *Eek! Windows won't reboot to install updates with ISO :eek:

Windows didn't even start loading, after the POST I got written "NTLDR is missing, press Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot". Obviously rebooting gave me the same message.

So I put in my XP CD and ran a windows repair.

The problem was solved and everything was fine... until I came to installing windows updates. I had no problem downloading them, but when I tried to install I kept getting this:

Windows won't reboot to install updates with ISO 3-1.jpg

It won't let me install anything even if I do it 'custom' one by one.

I managed to install only one update - "Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1" And there are 84 updates which I've downloaded and can't install.

Black Panther, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Windows won't reboot to install updates with ISO

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows won't reboot to install updates with ISO

1. Windows won't reboot to install updates with ISO - Similar Threads - won't reboot install

2. I changed the language and proceeded to reboot with installing an update: now Windows won't...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I changed the language and proceeded to reboot with installing an update: now Windows won't...: I changed the language of my DELL G3 laptop's Windows OS from Russian to English because it's easier to find manuals and get help when it comes to something advanced this way.It asked for a reboot to save changes.I proceeded to reboot. It also started to install some update...
  3. I changed the language and proceeded to reboot with installing an update: now Windows won't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed the language and proceeded to reboot with installing an update: now Windows won't...: I changed the language of my DELL G3 laptop's Windows OS from Russian to English because it's easier to find manuals and get help when it comes to something advanced this way.It asked for a reboot to save changes.I proceeded to reboot. It also started to install some update...
  4. Windows Won't Finish Installation After Rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Won't Finish Installation After Rebooting: Hello,I am attempting a clean installation of Windows 10 onto a new SSD using a 32GB flash drive and the media creation tool. Only the SSD and flash drive to start the windows setup are plugged in. Everything seems to be working smoothly as I select the unallocated drive to...
  5. Windows Won't Finish Installation After Rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Won't Finish Installation After Rebooting: Hello,I am attempting a clean installation of Windows 10 onto a new SSD using a 32GB flash drive and the media creation tool. Only the SSD and flash drive to start the windows setup are plugged in. Everything seems to be working smoothly as I select the unallocated drive to...
  6. Windows Won't Finish Installation After Rebooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Clean Windows 10 Install won't reboot after installation

Clean Windows 10 Install won't reboot after installation: So I'm having a weird dilemma that I can't seem to solve. I'm building a new computer specs below and trying to install Windows 10. I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and created a new USB disk to install, plugged into the new computer, and installed Windows. Everything...
  8. Windows Install ISO from USB won't launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Install ISO from USB won't launch: Hey Everyone, I need your help. I have a Windows 10 computer that appears has crashed. It says your pc/device needs to be repaired. I have downloaded the windows installation media for windows 10 64 bit to create a bootable ISO on a thumb drive. When booting from the...
  9. Anniversary Update ISO Download Won't Complete.

Anniversary Update ISO Download Won't Complete.: Went to the Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File) site and after selecting the correct edition I tried to downloaded the ISO to a USB 3 drive (16 GB capacity). Each time I attempted the download, 3 times, it go to 97% and then said the download was interrupted. When I...
  10. Win10 ISO install hangs at first reboot

Win10 ISO install hangs at first reboot: Wiped and repartitioned the drive and formated ntfs, made a bootable usb stick with ISO, it seems to install, but when the machine gets to the first reboot, it hangs with the cursor flashing in the upper left corner. This happens whether the usb stick is left in the machine...