Windows 10: Windows won't recognize new hotspot connection as ethernet.

Discus and support Windows won't recognize new hotspot connection as ethernet. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When someone tries to connect their phone to my PC via the charging cord, the hotspot only shows up as wifi. In the network connections, it only shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Seaplatypus2249, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Windows won't recognize new hotspot connection as ethernet.

When someone tries to connect their phone to my PC via the charging cord, the hotspot only shows up as wifi. In the network connections, it only shows wifi. But when I connect my phone, which the ethernet hotspot was originally set up as, it works just fine. I don't understand why it connects to my phone, but to no one else's. I have looked high and low, but can't find anything close to what I am experiencing. And I have tried a wide range of solutions, all of which have failed. The most frustrating part, is that there are two ethernet options, Ethernet and Ethernet 2, which say the network ca

:)

Seaplatypus2249, Nov 26, 2021

2. Windows 10 doesn t recognize ethernet cable

I've recently upgraded from win7 to win10, and it says cable is unplugged or broken now, but it was working perfectly fine right before the update. Tried resetting the network settings, and updating the driver automatically with windows by using USB tethering
    to the last version, still not working. Used half and full duplex settings. The cable just won t be recognized

The driver is Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V

Date: 3/21/2017

Version: 12.15.25.6

mosteanudragos, Nov 26, 2021
  3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Windows won't recognize new hotspot connection as ethernet. [​IMG]

4. tamo Win User

Windows won't recognize new hotspot connection as ethernet.

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Windows won't recognize new hotspot connection as ethernet. [​IMG]

Thema:

Windows won't recognize new hotspot connection as ethernet.

1. Windows won't recognize new hotspot connection as ethernet. - Similar Threads - won't recognize hotspot

2. Windows 11 Setup not recognizing ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Setup not recognizing ethernet connection: I suppose this is a driver issue, I've already tried to do OOBE\BYPASSNRO and it doesn't work anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-setup-not-recognizing-ethernet/be2ae341-88b0-4382-8261-9eddcfe29e44
  3. Windows won't recognize new hotspot connection as ethernet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't recognize new hotspot connection as ethernet.: When someone tries to connect their phone to my PC via the charging cord, the hotspot only shows up as wifi. In the network connections, it only shows wifi. But when I connect my phone, which the ethernet hotspot was originally set up as, it works just fine. I don't...
  4. Ethernet connection not recognized on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ethernet connection not recognized on PC: I'm connected by ethernet to my PC but have no internet. Had to turn on wireless to type this message. My ethernet is not showing up anywhere, not under settings, not in change adapter settings. I was just working from it today and the all of a sudden it went out. I've...
  5. Win10 not recognizing ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 not recognizing ethernet connection: Last night 12.2.21 Windows worked well. It wanted to install some updates, which I allowed as "Update and shutdown" Today Windows didn't boot. A number of automated repairs attempts failed do they ever succeed?. I reinstalled it from a USB drive. version from 9.1.2020...
  6. Ethernet won't connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet won't connect: Hi All. Changed to a new router. Ethernet cable plugged in. The laptop, HP G61, says no internet connection. The computer still looking for the old router. How do I change the ID from the old router to that of the new one? I've tried all the menus but I can find NO solution -...
  7. Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection: Brand new computer, has a Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller. My computer will never recognize that I have plugged in ethernet unless I restart the computer with Ethernet plugged in. Running on the latest driver. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks....
  8. Windows 10 does not recognize ethernet connection

Windows 10 does not recognize ethernet connection: The ethernet port on my motherboard does not work so I have been using an ethernet to usb adapter for several years. My computer was on Win10 ver 105XX long story earlier today with no internet connection issues. I fully updated to ver 19041 will all optional updates and now...
  9. PC Won't Recognize Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Won't Recognize Ethernet Cable: submitted by /u/DreiVinci [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpkqiw/pc_wont_recognize_ethernet_cable/
  10. Windows 10 Won't Recognize Ethernet Connection

Windows 10 Won't Recognize Ethernet Connection: Hello everyone, I bought my brand new HP laptop today and have just begun setting it up. This is a brand new laptop running Windows 10. I tried to connect my working Ethernet cable to the computer and it won't recognize it at all. I have tried turning off Wifi, downloading...