Windows 10: Windows Won't Remember Folder Settings

Discus and support Windows Won't Remember Folder Settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm running 1909 No matter what I do, it just won't work! I tried: View: List Sort By: Date Modified Properties -> Customize -> Optimize Folder for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Blob55, Jul 17, 2020.

1. /u/Blob55 Win User

Windows Won't Remember Folder Settings

I'm running 1909 No matter what I do, it just won't work!

I tried:

View: List

Sort By: Date Modified

Properties -> Customize -> Optimize Folder for General, including subfolders.

I also tried:

View -> Options -> Change folder and search options -> View -> Reset folders.

submitted by /u/Blob55
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Blob55, Jul 17, 2020

2. Making Vista remember folder view settings

and i was trying to get Vista to remember folder settings just this morning *Laugh :laugh:.

Spacegoast, Jul 17, 2020
  3. oli_ramsay, Jul 17, 2020
  4. HeyCori Win User

Photos app not remembering settings

The Photos app keeps syncing my OneDrive folder. Deleting the OneDrive folder from the list of sources doesn't seem to fix the problem. A few hours later and the Photos app will automatically add it back. For whatever reason, the Photos app won't remember
    my settings. Anyone have a clue why and how to fix it?

HeyCori, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Won't Remember Folder Settings - Similar Threads - Won't Remember Folder

2. Windows 10 remembers & does not remember the last folder I saved to...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 remembers & does not remember the last folder I saved to...?: At work, Windows 10 remembers the last folder I saved to, but at home it does not. This is very frustrating. Why is this? thanks,PS Quick Access does not suffice, I have significantly more that a dozen regular folders....
  3. Remembering settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remembering settings: You have recently solved a problem I had with the display which is a great success. This has led to another problem in that the machine does not remember the settings when I turn the machine off. My old machine does this without difficulty....
  4. Remembering settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remembering settings: You have recently solved a problem I had with the display which is a great success. This has led to another problem in that the machine does not remember the settings when I turn the machine off. My old machine does this without difficulty....
  5. Remembering settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Microsoft doesn’t remember folder size settings and placement

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft doesn’t remember folder size settings and placement: When I open a folder the folder is sized to half screen. If I then resize this same folder to slightly more narrow and save, expand to full screen, and then collapse to half screen, the same recently resized folder will continue to be sized for half screen and not the size...
  7. Windows doesn't remember "sort by" folder settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows doesn't remember "sort by" folder settings: By default there is no "date" option available when right-clicking in a folder and selecting "sort by". When I select "More", then check the date option, and then right-click and select sort by sate (ascending), Windows forgets it as soon as I back out of the window. Next...
  8. Won't remember my settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't remember my settings: I am running on windows 10 64 bit upgraded from an 8. I working on an HP 15 laptop and I cannot get computer to remember my settings such as wanting to turn off the touchpad when I have the mouse plugged in but as soon as I restart it again it back to the way it was. 18955
  9. Windows explorer won't remember folder and icon settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer won't remember folder and icon settings?: Here is my problem: I keep my folders in different settings, some with large icons, some with details view. Today they are all reset to details view, and items are listed by name. Every folder is reset to the same settings. when I try to change they always defaults to...
  10. Remember folder's view settings - don't have that box to check

in Windows 10 Support
    Remember folder's view settings - don't have that box to check: Apologies if this has been covered (surely it must have been). I've searched but can't turn anything up. If I resize a folder's display size on one screen, then all subsequent folders that are opened take on that size, and are displayed on that monitor, rather than...